Hi Ya'all!!

Forum: Trying to Conceive 1 Year +

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive 1 Year + LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 21st, 2011, 02:32 PM
meggie2685
Hi, my name is Meghan. My husband and I have been married for four years and have been NTNP since we got married and the last year or so, we've been TTC more. The first several years was limited BD since I was having pain during intercourse. Well that has been mostly resolved and I am hoping to get my BFP soon, but I was with my friend the other day and she said something about how something must be wrong (even though we have been checked and so far nothing appears wrong) and sometimes it annoys me that because we haven't been pregnant yet, that everyone assumes it will NEVER happen. I am very religious and believe that God will bless us with a child when the time is right, and we have been through a lot the last couple years, and I can see the blessing in not having had a child yet. Does anyone else get that, family or friends making comments about that? And also I hate comments like this "Are you sure you want kids? They are so much work!" "You may want to rethink having kids." Really? I have wanted to be a mom my whole life, those comments make me want to scream! Lol. Also, we went to the county fair last night, and I swear I have never seen so many pregnant women! And people with 2 or 3 kids and the couple looked like they were barely 20. Anyways, sorry this is so long. I needed to vent and even though my husband is wonderful and wants a baby too, he doesn't quite understand the longing and need to be pregnant (obviously!) Thanks for letting me vent!
August 22nd, 2011, 06:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Coley54
Welcome Meghan! So sorry you have to join us here but this is a great group of ladies for support! I'm Coley (28) and DH is Matt (32) and we've been married for almost 2 years but we've been TTC#1 for 3 years. We very recently (this past weekend) decided we are done trying and will adopt. I'm just now starting that process. I hope you get your BFP soon!

***A HUGE thanks to marriedc for the awesome siggy!***

IUI#1 - BFN
IUI#2 - BFN
IUI#3 - BFN
IUI#4 - BFN

August 22nd, 2011, 03:32 PM
meggie2685
My husband and I have also looked in to adoption. We actually met a woman a couple weeks ago looking to place her baby, our moms are friends and put us in touch. We are keeping our fingers crossed for that! I have always wanted to adopt, but also always wanted to be pregnant. Good luck with adoption!! My friend has adopted 2, soon to be 3, biological siblings. I think adoption is wonderful!
August 23rd, 2011, 02:05 AM
captbabs's Avatar Arrgghh we be knocked up!
I completely understand your feelings, and the more you want it the more pregnant ladies and babies you see. No, our husbands don't quite understand, but you can't get upset with them. The best thing is to stay open with him. Finding support boards like this is so nice as well. My name is Anna and I've been married to David for 5 years. We have a 5 year old girl now, and have been TTC for #2 for 13 months now.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search