Will it ever happen?

Forum: Trying to Conceive 1 Year +

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive 1 Year + LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 14th, 2011, 08:20 AM
Hi there I'm very new to this, but I wanted to join something where I could chat to other woman who may be or have been in the same boat as me. I found out when I was 15 years old that I have Polycystic ovaries, so in January 2006 my partner and I decided that I would come off the pill. Still now after almost 6 years I still have not fallen pregnant and I'm starting to worry now that it may never happen, I'm 25 years old so it's not like I'm running out of time or anything but I'm just worried that it's never going to happen. My doctor has put me onto 1000mg of Metformin a day which is making me bleed a bit more than what I have been but does anyone have any suggestions as to other things I could do to try and help me conceive?
November 15th, 2011, 12:46 AM
captbabs's Avatar Arrgghh we be knocked up!
I'm sorry it's taking so long! My DH and I were TTC our #2 for 16 months and it was torture! We JUST found out Friday 11/11/11 that we are pregnant! So don't forget it CAN happen. Try this board. I loved talking to these ladies and they're super knowledgeable.

http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f7...al-assistance/
11/11/11 after 16 months TTC!
#2 to arrive 7/21/2012
November 17th, 2011, 08:33 AM
Congratulations to you you must be absolutely thrilled. I'll have a look at that board thank you
November 17th, 2011, 11:54 PM
We are over the moon! I didn't think it would EVER happen!
#2 to arrive 7/21/2012
November 18th, 2011, 03:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have pcos also and have been ttc for almost three years. Have you had any testing done? I only ask because I had an hsg last week and learned I have a blocked left tube. I never knew this and this could be causing my infertility.

I wish you luck Hopefully that bfp is right around the corner.

ANGEL BABY NEVER FORGOTTEN 9/15/07 4WEEKS 4DAYS

November 19th, 2011, 10:51 AM
Congratulations to you captbabs!

Niki- don't ever stop hoping or trying! My DH and I have been trying for 15 months. I get my hopes up every month and when AF shows I get pretty depressed and angry until it's time to start trying again. I know it is a horribly unhealthy emotional experience for anyone to have to live with! I wish you the best of luck!
November 21st, 2011, 11:06 PM
Thank you!!

I can tell you that I honestly lost hope and didn't think it would happen. The last month I DID have hope, but I didn't know why. When AF comes it's always pretty depressing. I hope you don't have to wait much longer.
#2 to arrive 7/21/2012
December 8th, 2011, 09:13 PM
I do know of a co-worker who has PCOS. No meds, married for 6 or 7 years, told she could not have children and she became spontaneously pregnant. DS is close to 2 years old.

It is possible. Don't give up trying. Sometimes hope is hard to come by.

Good luck!
December 9th, 2011, 10:39 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had good luck on Metformin! After 5 years of ttc I ended up pregnant with my first!

have you tried Charting? that would really help clue you in to what your body is doing...

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 3/1/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search