Progesterone level question (please help)

Forum: Trying to Conceive 1 Year +

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive 1 Year + LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 27th, 2012, 01:33 PM
I had my progesterone checked yesterday at day 21 and the results came back saying my level was 6.3. My doctor told me that it seems I am ovulating and that she does not see any need to help in that department. I am concerned because we have been trying to conceive for over a year and a half now with no luck which means something has to be going on. I was reading things where it says the higher level you have the better chance you have of getting pregnant and mine seems to be pretty low compared to most. Can anyone help me out, or think I should try another doctor?

P.S. I am starting to get very discouraged and sad about it all. I have wanted a family my whole life and for some reason it is not happening for me. Also we have had 2 previous miscarriages a few years ago.
January 28th, 2012, 05:27 PM
LilSunshine's Avatar ♥ Super Moderator ♥
What kind of a doctor were you seeing? I can't remember what the range of progesterone levels are supposed to be off hand, so I'm not sure how low that is. Have you had any other testing done yet?

September 2009 @ 6 weeks May 2011 @ 11 weeks
February 1st, 2012, 08:22 AM
Hi! I have read that anything over a 5- means you ovulated and can have kids. I can tell you that when I got my progesterone test, it was around a 6, my doctor placed me on 50mg of Chlomid, helping me ovulate and get my progesterone level higher. After taking 50mg of Chlomid, I reached an 8.65. I was on 50mg for 3 months. My doctor said that was fine, but put me on 100mg to get my level higher. I have been on 100mg of Chlomid now for 2 months. I did just recently have an HSG, to see if my tubes were open and ready for business. The doctor wants me to stay on 100mg until I conceive. I think 6 is fine, but I am not an expert, I am just going off of what my doctor told me.

Good luck, I know it can be frustrating. I would suggest getting someone else to just see what he/she says.
February 1st, 2012, 08:45 AM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
i'm just dropping in...do you know what DPO you were when they tested? My RE tests progesterone at 5DPO and looks for a 10 or higher as a sign of healthy ovulation. But progesterone levels differ significantly depending on when you test in your cycle (early = low levels, later = higher). 6 range sounds low to me if you're in 4-7DPO.

Good luck to you! If you go an extended time w/o being able to conceive you may want to consult with a RE just to rule out any other issue (like ovulatory issues or low progesterone). My OB doesn't worry much about progesterone levels either....but when I went to RE, he did and now puts me on supplementation for 2ww.

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
February 25th, 2012, 09:17 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Sorry but I would hazard a guess that you hadn't ovulated yet. The prog level should be over 10 if you've ovulated properly. I would get a new doctor. Good luck!

Baby girl born Feb 2013

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search