New, I have no where else to turn

Forum: Trying to Conceive 1 Year +

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive 1 Year + LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 14th, 2012, 08:36 AM
Amychavez1986's Avatar TTC #1
Me and my husband have been ttc for 17 months now. We are both young, I being 25 and he is 23. Now we are both overweight and have been working to lose weight. I have just lost about 20 lbs and I'm not done yet. But month after month I am getting more disheartened. Now I really dont know what to feel. I had my period early January. Then in February I had 3 days of brownish blood which was light. so I took a test mid February since I always have at least 7 day menses and its never light. The test was once again negative so I cried and moved on. I bought Taking Charge of your Fertility and started charting. My temps have all been within .5 of each other for 2 weeks now. Its now March 14th I still haven't had a period, I had 4 days or so of light pink to red spotting which i didn't even need a liner for because it was just there as I wiped. I have had numerous symptoms of pregnancy including dizziness, nausea, heightened smell, etc. I finally caved and took the dreaded test this morning andy it was surprise negative. I don't know how much more I can take. This time my husband even noticed the symptoms this time and he was certain I was pregnant. Its gotten to the point where i hate the sight of a preg tests and I wanna just give up. Every time I go to the doctor they do a pap say everything looks fine and tell me to lose weight, thanks doc I had no idea I was fat, they won't even do a full exam. Now I am with different insurance so hopefully I can get a more considerate doctor, but any advice anyone? I know everyone here is in the same place so how do you deal with the constant depression? Any tools to you guys have? Thanks for reading this LONG thing
March 14th, 2012, 09:56 AM
nina9809's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know how hard it is not to get disheartened. I know it is frustrating. I think we need to keep ourselves busy with other thoughts.

I'm Nina (31) and my SO is Dan (29) and we have been TTC#1 since Jan 2010 - with two m/c during this time.

Keep your head up. Thinking positive thoughts for you.

Thank you Kiliki... for my amazing siggie!
March 14th, 2012, 07:09 PM
LindsayGriff
With irregular periods, you may have PCOS. It is very common in over weight women. Continue to keep up the good work on loosing weight as this helps but also, metformin may help to regulate your cycles if you do have PCOS.

Thank you peimum for my siggy
March 14th, 2012, 09:11 PM
You may want to have your dr do a blood test because I have 4 children and even after having confirmed pregnancies and ultrasounds a home pregnancy test would still be negative. My dr said for some women they just don't work
March 15th, 2012, 10:55 PM
Yeah I made an appointment for this thursday coming up. I'm planning on asking for the blood test, although I started cramping today with some spotting so maybe my long awaited period has arrived. I've looked up PCOS and I don't really have any symptoms other than heavy periods and being overweight. i've never skipped a period since I was 11, but I'm planning on getting everything checked out so i'll have them check for PCOS
March 16th, 2012, 06:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Do have them check for pcos. Besides being overweight I never had any outward appearances of pcos. No extra hair growth, I have monthly periods although they do vary by day...the only way I found out was by blood test that showed my testosterone and progesterone was outta wack. Then a sono showed cysts on my ovaries. I had two children, it was only after having my daughter that we had trouble ttc. Now we've been trying for over three yrs. I'm currently taking 2000mg of metformin a day.

If you have any questions feel free to pm me. I've had sono's, been on clomid, had an hsg, so I have a little knowledge

ANGEL BABY NEVER FORGOTTEN 9/15/07 4WEEKS 4DAYS

March 17th, 2012, 02:22 PM
Thank you so much! I really could use some advice especially from someone who has been in my situation. I started my period this morning so hopefully by thursday I be all done and start the investigation with my doctor!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search