TTC - Period or Decidual Bleeding

Forum: Trying to Conceive 1 Year +

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive 1 Year + LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 10th, 2012, 03:01 AM
Hostile Uterus
Hi Guys,

Hope you are all having a great day. I just joined today and I'm hoping to make new friends here.

I have a 12 year old girl and have been ttc for a second child for a very long long time.

I'm feeling kinda sad today today because I woke up with a period like bleeding after a week of being delayed which by the way never happens to me because I menstruate on the dot. I never tested so I really wouldn't know if it's really my monthly period or decidual bleeding but I'm kind of hoping and crossing my fingers that it is the latter.

What is Decidual Bleeding?

It is a name given to a condition that is characterized by partial shedding of the lining of the uterus during the first three-four months of pregnancy. Decidual Bleeding usually occurs in early pregnancy. According to medical experts, this type of bleeding occurs from the specific part of the Decidua that is yet uncovered by the developing placenta and embryo.
Decidual Bleeding is not common as a medical term. The condition is often simply referred to as “First-Trimester Bleeding.”

This condition is often confused with Implantation Bleeding, which is another cause of bleeding in the early stages of pregnancy. Implantation Bleeding is marked by light spotting, which is a consequence of egg implantation in the uterus. This type of bleeding, much like Decidual Bleeding, can make women have a misconception about their pregnancy and are going through a normal menstrual period. It is due to this similarity that both forms of bleeding are largely regarded to be harmless. Both Decidual and Implantation Bleeding are often collectively referred to as First-Trimester Bleeding.
Decidual Bleeding is not harmful to either the fetus or mother. Some experts indicate that harmless bleeding from the vagina such as decidual bleeding may arise in as much as 30% of pregnancies. Most women who suffer from Decidual bleeding during pregnancy can have normal pregnancy and delivery.
This condition is generally harmless. Bleeding is very common in early stages of pregnancy and is generally not a cause for any concern. Around half of all women who are pregnant suffer from minor bleeding in the initial months of pregnancy.

I have been trying for a year now and still no luck. Do you have any tips or suggestions handy? I'll appreciate any as I'm really desperate to conceive.

Thanks!

Last edited by mommydesperate; April 10th, 2012 at 04:30 AM.
April 10th, 2012, 05:44 PM
Hi I am new here also . My name is Kimberly . welcome to the JM boards. Sorry I dont know what the other bleeding is. I know what implantion bleeding. ( every time my period starts I am always hoping it will be implantion bleeding) I just wanted to say goodluck and lots of baby dust to you .

for you and goodluck.

~~~~~~ Trying to conceive baby #1 since Dec 2010~~~~~~~

In God's time we will have a miracle baby.
April 13th, 2012, 06:47 PM
LilSunshine's Avatar ♥ Super Moderator ♥
If you think you might be pregnant, I would definitely test!

September 2009 @ 6 weeks May 2011 @ 11 weeks
April 20th, 2012, 03:07 PM
I just moved to be with my partner of a year and I got my period on the 2nd of April then it stopped 2 days later with some light spotting after we had sex and he came inside me, then I got nothing but couldn't stop eating and we had more sex where he cam inside me and he broke up with me on the 13 th of April then I got my period on Thursday the 19th April but and it was really heavy now it's stopped but I still can't stop eating and my nipples are a little bit darker than usual but not much and my boobs hurts at least once a day but have grown a tiny bit... Could I be pregnant or just my period going out of whack???? he is the only guy I have ever had un protected sex with soo I'm not scared I actually do want his child he produces beautiful children but would like to know if it my period or decidual bleeding......
I also still get the pains in my stomach but they are taking turns at sides....
Sorry if doesn't make sense but please help....
April 20th, 2012, 03:19 PM
Ps I eat a lot of fruit and tuna on crackers with cheese I eat pretty healthy except for a whole packet of musli bars within an hour

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search