New Here, and would love some input

Forum: Trying to Conceive 1 Year +

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive 1 Year + LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 17th, 2012, 05:57 AM
Hi all,

I'm new to the message boards. I do lurk every month when I'm trying to see if I'm actually pregnant. Cause we all know, every cramp and headache is a pregnancy symptom; just to be disappointed when your period shows up.

Anyways... long story short. I have achieved pregnancy three times, and have lost all three. First was August '09 and lost it at 7 weeks; second was Oct '10, lost at 9 weeks ectopic, and removed my right tube; and last, was March '11 chemical pregnancy. So, I've had all three types of pregnancy losses. Unless there are more that I don't know about.

When I conceived in Oct '10, I used 50 mg clomid. My RE this month put me on clomid 100mg. I am TERRIFIED to take it thinking its going to result in another ectopic and then there goes my left tube. I need someone or anyone to calm my nerves. MY RE and OB/GYN both say clomid had NOTHING to do with the ectopic. I'm having a really hard time believing it. Has anyone out there been in my situation, or know of anyone. I want a baby bad. I'm 32 and I have 1 tube left.

Thanks so much for your help.
May 17th, 2012, 11:12 AM
~~MeeMee~~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Iím not sure if I can help, Iíve never been on Clomid, but I've done a lot of research because I'm thinking of asking for it next time I see my GYN. and like both your RE and GYN said Iíve never heard or read about Clomid being linked to ectopics. Have you had an HSG done to see if your tubes are healthy and open? From what I understand an ectopic can just happen without a cause, but there are also things that are more likely to cause them like scar tissue in your tubes, so since you are really scared about it happening again, maybe having a HSG to ensure your tube is healthy and without scar tissue may put you at ease?

BABY BOY due June 6

Me 40 DH 42 with an amazing 15yo DS
TTC #2 NTNP starting in 2009
actively TTC (BBT and OPKs) 2011
natural BFP Feb 2012, ending in mmc Apr with d&c in May
IVF Sep 2012, 4 eggs retrieved, 2 mature, 1 fertilized, but showed abnormal
growth, so not suitable for transfer
Nov 2012 IVF take 2 = 3 embryos, but due to concerns with lining unable to transfer
Jan 2013 endometrial biopsy = normal
Mar FET transferred 2 beautiful embryos, but unfortunately BFN
moving to donor eggs fall of 2013
Septemeber 30, 2013 - surprise BFP while waiting for DE
May 17th, 2012, 11:27 AM
Thanks for your feedback. Infertility/pregnancy loss, is probably the loneliest thing i've ever gone through. Unless someone has been in your same shoes, it's impossible to comprehend.

Yes! I've had two HSG's. The first was done before I took clomid the first time. And the second one was done last summer after my chemical pregnancy. My OB/GYN called me back finally, just a few hours ago. He said the same thing you said. That ectopics can just happen. I know at the time I did the first clomid, I was a smoker. I know smoking can cause ectopics and having the ovulation heightened with clomid probably didn't help much. I've recently lost 35 lbs and I'm much healthier than I was two years ago. I'm just so scared. I'm going to pray and pray.

Best wishes to you if you decide to go with clomid. It works for lots and lots of people that I know.
May 18th, 2012, 07:17 AM
Regular
I can only imagine what you have been through...
But...I have been on clomid for 3 months now...with no side effects...and no BFP either...going to see my Dr in a months time...and will then be able to give an update...
Will really be thinking of you...
Keep the faith girl! I know it's hard...this has been the toughest challenge of my life...but I know that God has a plan for my life and for yours!
May 20th, 2012, 06:52 AM
LilSunshine's Avatar ♥ Super Moderator ♥

I'm glad you got some more information from your doctor. Best of luck! Keep us updated.

September 2009 @ 6 weeks May 2011 @ 11 weeks
May 20th, 2012, 07:33 AM
~~MeeMee~~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwingfan13 View Post
Thanks for your feedback. Infertility/pregnancy loss, is probably the loneliest thing i've ever gone through. Unless someone has been in your same shoes, it's impossible to comprehend.

Yes! I've had two HSG's. The first was done before I took clomid the first time. And the second one was done last summer after my chemical pregnancy. My OB/GYN called me back finally, just a few hours ago. He said the same thing you said. That ectopics can just happen. I know at the time I did the first clomid, I was a smoker. I know smoking can cause ectopics and having the ovulation heightened with clomid probably didn't help much. I've recently lost 35 lbs and I'm much healthier than I was two years ago. I'm just so scared. I'm going to pray and pray.

Best wishes to you if you decide to go with clomid. It works for lots and lots of people that I know.
Congratulations on quiting smoking and your weight loss, thatís awesome!! I hope that and the Clomid will bring you a BFP with your rainbow baby!

Iím in a weird situation, my Primary doctor doesnít prescribe Clomid for some reason, but she did refer me to an RE, but the RE clinic is a very aggressive clinic and doesnít really do too much with clomid either, they pretty much go straight to injectables and IUI and if that doesnít work after a few cycles they want to move on to IVF. So I havenít really been able to see if the Clomid will work. Iím thinking about changing my primary doctor to see if I can find one that will let me do clomid a few cycles before going back to the RE (hopefully that will work and wonít need the RE!!!

GL to you! KUP!

BABY BOY due June 6

Me 40 DH 42 with an amazing 15yo DS
TTC #2 NTNP starting in 2009
actively TTC (BBT and OPKs) 2011
natural BFP Feb 2012, ending in mmc Apr with d&c in May
IVF Sep 2012, 4 eggs retrieved, 2 mature, 1 fertilized, but showed abnormal
growth, so not suitable for transfer
Nov 2012 IVF take 2 = 3 embryos, but due to concerns with lining unable to transfer
Jan 2013 endometrial biopsy = normal
Mar FET transferred 2 beautiful embryos, but unfortunately BFN
moving to donor eggs fall of 2013
Septemeber 30, 2013 - surprise BFP while waiting for DE

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search