Intro and a question about Clomid

Forum: Trying to Conceive 1 Year +

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive 1 Year + LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 14th, 2012, 07:26 AM
BabyX's Avatar TTC #2
Hello ladies. My name is Audrey (30). DH (40) and I have been TTC since October of 2011. I usually post on the TTC board. Technically I'm not quite to the year mark, but I'm almost there so I thought you might not mind if I post a question over here.

Question: To all of the ladies who have taken clomid how many cycles did you take it before you got a BFP? or How many cycles did you take it and not get a BFP? Currently I am 13dpo of my third cycle of clomid, and antoher BFN test this morning. I'm pretty much guessing that I'm out this cycle. I'm debating as to whether I should continue another round of Clomid, or if it hasn't happened by cycle 3 does that pretty much mean that it's not going to work for me. Oh yes I have been on 50mg each cycle and I have ovulated. I just haven't gotten pregnant.

Thank you JMC1988 for my awesome signature!
September 15th, 2012, 03:12 AM
onlybygrace's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi!

Unfortunately, my reply may not be what you want to hear

I've done 5 rounds of Clomid (2 of them with timed IUIs), and not even a snippet of a BFP

I'm on my 6th and hopefully final round of Clomid, with my 3rd IUI planned for this coming Monday.
I am taking 100mg.

First IUI I took it CD3-7, second IUI CD4-8, and this cycle days 2-6.

And btw, I ovulate normally on my own, so I guess the Clomid was just to give more targets to the spermies.
October 17th, 2012, 08:23 AM
Back in 2007 I conceived my daughter on round 1 with 50mg. We've currently been trying again for 18 months now and i'm just finishing up my 12th round of clomid with no BFP's.

Most doctor's will want you to do at least 4 rounds before moving on to something else. My doctor does them in rounds of 4 then taking a few months off. It's not recommended to do more than 6 rounds in a row since it can affect your lining. A lot of it will depend on your doctor. Some doctors will not do more than 6 total, my will do 16 with breaks in between before moving on to something else.
October 19th, 2012, 11:35 PM
Super Mommy
I did Clomid a few times, at one point they quadrupled the dose. I went all sorts of crazy. After that I gave up. About a year later I conceived naturally. They said it'd never happen. My advice is, if you can handle the Clomid keep at it. It did wonders for the pre-egg production of cells. Good luck!
Rosalie Octavia, born on October 22nd and 9:35am, 7 pounds 2 ounces, 19 inches.
October 25th, 2012, 09:34 AM
BabyX's Avatar TTC #2
Thank you ladies for offering your experience. Currently I am taking a break from Clomid trying a few other things. This is great information to have if I end up having to take Clomid again.

October 31st, 2012, 11:36 PM
2ligit2quit's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I wish I could share my clomid story but sad to say my doc denied me today she doesnt thinks its good for me and is to much of a risk for hyperstimulation. so it old school and faith at this point.. hope it works for you ladies..
November 1st, 2012, 06:09 AM
BabyX's Avatar TTC #2
Quote:
Originally Posted by divermom View Post
I wish I could share my clomid story but sad to say my doc denied me today she doesnt thinks its good for me and is to much of a risk for hyperstimulation. so it old school and faith at this point.. hope it works for you ladies..
I'm sorry that your doctor denied a clomid prescription for you. Did she give you an alternate option?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search