losing faith

Forum: Trying to Conceive 1 Year +

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By xtraordinary987

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive 1 Year + LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 23rd, 2012, 09:41 PM
Mommy to Be
So, we've been trying for over a year and well I took a test on Monday that said negative then got my period on Thursday, then Saturday decided to go out for the first time in a very long time with a friend of mine and my fiancé to drink and well ... I woun up throwing up my
Shot of patron on the bar as well as my fiancé .... And best friend ... My period only
Lasted about a day and a half which was odd but it
Was very heavy as usual but idk it's like I lost faith in my chances and I was so
Embarrassed , how bad is it that I went out and did that? Has anyone else ever felt that way Ugh, advice is much needed

September 24th, 2012, 09:00 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My husband and I have been TTC for 14 months, since July 2011 to be exact. I have been close to losing hope but my husband always knows what to say to make me feel better about it.

For the most part, I have been good about having a healthy diet. Not drinking alcohol or caffeine unless I am on my period. This weekend though, I said screw it and we bought a bottle of rum and coke, had a few drinks, and played some games on the Wii. AF should be here this weekend if I am not pregnant. Don't feel guilty for drinking. I would stop immediately though when I see those two pink lines.
Disruptivebubbles likes this.
TTC #1
Diagnosed with thyroid disease 5/2013
Actively trying 11/2015

September 28th, 2012, 08:39 PM
Super Mommy
Hello,

I had a very similar experience at my dhs bday party last month and turned out not pregnant but still felt horribly guilty. I asked my dr this week because I had to go in.

I asked her when I needed to "be good" lol. She said cd10 or 11 which wasn't what I wanted to hear. But at least I know. I thought I was being paranoid. However, I've also know several people who were pregnant 3-5 months and drank heavily before they knew. They all have healthy children. I think the risk (not positive) is that it increases m/c rates, etc.

Good Luck . Don't feel bad. You are human.
September 29th, 2012, 10:11 AM
Allie_SMg's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Aw, I'm sorry that you're feeling this way and had a bad night. I've definitely been there. My husband and I have been TTC since last october when we got married. Neither of us have children and I've had 2 chemicals where I never even got "real" BFP's. Just very faint lines that never got darker. I understand that feeling of depression and wanting to give up, but not being able to. I've definitely had my depressed drinking nights where I tell my husband I don't think we'll ever conceive and then feel bad and embarrassed in the morning. We all go through it sometimes.

As far as CD 10-11 goes, I think that's probably for fertility reasons and not health to the baby. Drinking pre-ovulation really shouldn't affect the baby that hasn't even been conceived yet, as long as you're not heavily partying every night. lol You don't even supply any nutrients to your baby until at least 6 weeks pregnant. I don't even O until like CD20, though if you O around CD11-12 it makes a little more sense, though there are still plenty of TTCers who "drink until it's pink". I used to be scared to drink because we're TTC, but after a year of TTC the stress gets to me and I don't want to plan 25 days of my month around something that hasn't happened after a year of trying. It can be really stressful TTCing for so long, and worrying about what to do every second of it probably doesn't help your body relax, but that's just my opinion. Doctors will tell you different things, I've heard many say that as long as it's not heavily, it shouldn't hurt anything for occasional drinks during the TWW.

October 22nd, 2012, 02:37 PM
Mommy to Be
Well guys, I got a faint positive on the 13th of October, it was confirmed on the 15th at my doctors that I am 4 weeks, but it's nothing I am getting excited over yet, he did explain to me that it could be a chemical pregnancy, I have to schedule a sonogram for the 9th and then I have my first prenatal on the 13th ... I guess "giving up" helped me .... I just pray that it is a true pregnancy, I dont want to go through the heartache again, and thank you all for your feedback, I am just scared right now and I just keep praying that everything will work out. I am getting married in January, and I had my bridal shower this past saturday, and keeping a secret like this from everyone was very hard especially when I was going to the bathroom like ridiculously and refusing drinks ... I just dont want everyone to get their hopes up, I guess Im praying for the best and preparing for the worst <3

October 25th, 2012, 07:53 AM
Regular
HI Disruptivebubbles...i hope that you really are pregnant. I understand what you are going through tho. my husband and i have been ttc for about 13 months and with every passing day...almost hour...i get more anxious about it.
I totally understand thae drinking thing because my husband and I are social drinkers.... in september we had a party to go to and the whole time i was like sipping at one beer because i kept thinking this could be the month...no that i didn't have any fun but i really kinda wanted to get hammered but i didn't....then AF reared her head the next morning.
I guess we are supposed to not worry until you know for sure but i can't help but have it in the back of my mind constantly...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search