TTC 13months--RE in 9 days!

Forum: Trying to Conceive 1 Year +

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive 1 Year + LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 7th, 2012, 11:32 PM
Regular
New here! First post!

My husband and I have been TTC conceive for 13 months now with no luck what so ever! We have our first appointment with the Reproductive Endocrinologist in 9 days and I couldn't be more nervous! I have no clue what to expect! Can anyone give me any helpful advice on what might go on?!

I'm a healthy 24 year old. I had my gyno order some labs on me (CBC and TSH) and they all came back normal! My cycles are all over the place and recently I've started having midcycle spotting which I've never experienced before! Husband is a healthy 26 year old. Neither of us have had family that had a difficult time conceiving! So basically I've just been very down and stressed about all this. I feel like getting pregnant just isn't going to happen for us and ever since I was a little girl, all I wanted was a family. I found the perfect guy who I can't believe wants me until do us part and now all that's missing is a little bundle of joy who is our creation!

Need motivation!
October 8th, 2012, 05:44 PM
Still Trying for #1
I haven't been to an RE yet, but my husband and I have been trying for 14 and a half months. I am 25 and he is 31.

I know that some of the ladies on the TTC board have been to a RE, so you might get more advice there. How do you track ovulation? Do you use OPK's? Check out Ovulation Calendar and Ovulation Chart - Fertility Charting for info on charting. I know that most problems that couples have when trying to conceive, they don't know when the woman ovulates and that is the most important thing with TTC.

I also want to say stay positive and I hope you get your baby soon!

October 8th, 2012, 11:08 PM
Regular
I have done the whole charting thing, but I think it was stressing me out and making me baby crazy so I stopped that and now I only take my temperature in the morning. I've never had a positive OPK. I've read the book "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" and it was so informative and helpful! Looking at all the stats, it looks like I'm not ovulating. I've only had 2 months that actually looked like I ovulated, but then my luteal phase was super short so I'm thinking maybe a progesterone problem too! I don't know. I just can't wait to go to the RE.

Thanks! I hope you guys get your baby soon too! Good luck!
October 9th, 2012, 02:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi, I'm Jen (26) and i'm co-host of the TTC#1 board, we have lots of ladies on there unfortunately who have experience of RE visits so you may want to pop over and see us.

TCOYF the book is a great resource and although you say that your not charting - if your taking your temperature in the morning are you recording that anywhere?

Regards you never having a positive OPK, when is your cycles do you use them? it could be that your missing your LH surge by testing at the wrong time?

When is your appointment? i agree that its all very scary but exciting at the same time, I live in the UK so its slightly different but i've been seeing a doc about non getting pg since July this year and it was scary at first but its been really helpful

Please do pop over to the TTC#1 board and KUP on your appt

Here is some baby dust for you

Thank you Vicki for my amazing siggie!

October 9th, 2012, 10:54 AM
Regular
I do keep track of my temperatures. I have an app on my phone, FertilityFriend, that does all the charting for me. I can also put in random symptoms, but I don't do the CM or position of cervix anymore.

I've used OPK's randomly during my cycles. I probably am missing them because my periods are all over the place every month. There for a while, my cycles were lasting between 30-50 days and my last 2 cycles have been 20 days and 22 days. When I was charting my cervix and CM, when those started looking fertile, I would start using an OPK every day so I hopefully wouldn't miss it.

My appointment with the RE is 8 days now; next Wednesday. Thanks for replying! I will have to go check out that board!
October 9th, 2012, 01:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I use ff (fertility friend) for charting too, as do a lot of ladies on ttc#1. If you can you could post a link to your charts so we can have a llook? I look forward to seeing you over on the other board, unfortunately it seems to be a bit quiet over here

Thank you Vicki for my amazing siggie!

October 11th, 2012, 10:32 AM
Regular
I tried posting the link, but it won't let me. Says I need 10 post before I can post links

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search