Newbie, TTC 12 months...

Forum: Trying to Conceive 1 Year +

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive 1 Year + LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 28th, 2012, 05:57 PM
Hello all,

I am new on here and was hoping to hear from a couple of other's who are having difficulty (most of the women I talk to about this have had children or are currently pregnant, hard to relate to...).

I had my IUD removed about 12 months ago, it was only in place for 3 months, I had it removed due to an inflammatory response which lead to an infection. It has been completely resolved with (according to numerous GYN visits) no lasting issues. Have been TTC since then, am 25, my husband 27, both of us healthy with no known medical issues. No prior pregancies/miscarries.

We tried seriosuly for 4 months, then slacked off with an "it will happens when it happens" attitiude for the last 5-7 months.

I've tried ovulation prediction kits for a few months to get my cycle down to an "average" day of ovulation and have been using calendars since then. It's been at least 9 months since I have used one.

Just wondered if anyone had any helpful advice for me, we plan on going to a fertility doctor maybe after the first of the year.
November 1st, 2012, 10:52 AM
Regular
hi kay86, your situation is similar to what my husband and I are going through. We've been on this rollarcoaster for about 14 months now and it does get frustrating. I had been on bcp for about 10 years when i finally went off of them to try to get pregnant. We had been married for just under two years when i went off and we thought that that would be a good time. Well here we are married over three years and still nothing. We tried hard at first and then had the same "it'll happen" attitude and then i quit getting my period all together. Then it came back this summer and since then have been trying again. My cycles aren't regular tho. I have tried charting my temp but it gets very confusing so something i just feel lost and cofused.
My doctor isn't very advanced as far as treatments or testing. I've seen him twice sind we've been ttc and both times he has an optimistic wait and see approach....however when you've finally decided you're ready for this life changing experience wait and see is hardly what you want to hear.
Every month is hopeful. Hopefully your doc is a little more apt to suggest and give help to you and your husband.
Just wanted to let you know there are alot of others out there just like you and this is a wonderful site to get to know some of them. It's also great to talk about other stuff and just vent! :-) good luck to you tho! and *~baby dust~*

My Ovulation Chart
November 2nd, 2012, 09:55 AM
babydreams0809's Avatar Veteran
My DH and I are in a similar place in our ttc journey. We have been TTC for 15 months now, and after one year, we went and had tests done and found out that DH has some fertility issues, so it will be a longer, harder journey. But, we are hopeful. Every time I have a visit from AF, I will cry about our lost chance at a baby for a while. Every time I discover a friend is pregnant, I am sad for me and DH for a little while. It is a hard journey when you have been ttc for a year or more, but, there is an end in sight, whether it is being able to conceive on your own, with help from doctors, or you have the opportunity to adopt. One way or another, you will have the chance to grow your family.

Whenever I feel sad, I just stop being sad and be awesome instead.

Best quote ever from How I met your Mother. It is so true, and I always think of that and smile, and then I feel better.

Sending lots of baby dust your way!!
November 7th, 2012, 12:03 PM
Regular
I too am in the same boat. I'm 24 and my DH is 26. We're both healthy, active and not overweight. I was on birth control for 6 years and then we decided it was time to start our little family. We figured we'd be pregnant within a couple months, if not the first month that we were trying! I mean, why not?! No one on either side of our families ever had issues! If anything, some people in our families were TOO fertile! lol

We just went to the fertility doctor for the first time last month. Our doctor ran a lot of blood work on me and we scheduled a SA for my husband. Found out that my thyroid level was barely elevated so she put me on some meds. Also, my ovarian stimulating came back low. So now we're just waiting for AF to show up, and who knows when that'll be, so we can redraw that lab and see if it was accurate. Also having a hysterosalpingogram done next time AF shows up.
So going to the fertility doctor for us has been am amazing experience. We're finally getting answers as to why we haven't got our little miracle yet! Sometimes I don't want to hear what she has to say, but you have to have confidence in your doctor because they know what they're doing.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Tags
infertility , iud

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search