About to give up... :(

Forum: Trying to Conceive 1 Year +

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive 1 Year + LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 16th, 2012, 08:16 AM
Hello everyone, Im new to this forum but am in need of others who understand what Im going through. My DH and I have been TTC our first for almost 2 years now with 3 miscarriages. Its been a year now since my last one. I started my first round of clomid this month with no success. I feel like Im missing out of life because all my energy is being focused on having a baby. It all just feels useless. We are contemplating giving up but then I dont want all of this time to be waisted. Anyone else have any words of wisdom or advice?
November 16th, 2012, 10:28 AM
Don't give up hope. It will eventually happen and it might take years. After TTC #2 for almost 10 years we finally got a BFP two days ago.

DH and I are healthy, not overweight, and all the tests says we're both fine. The only two changes that we have done differently in the past 3 months is my drive to change our eating lifestyle. We went from the typical American eating style (fast food, frozen, canned goods, processed) to a clean and organic eating habit. I started cooking with fresh and organic veggies/meats and cut out anything processed or canned. We did cheat on the weekends and did dine out.

Another change that I did was making an "omelet" from this Asian herb that is suppose to get you pregnant. I had it almost every day for breakfast for two months. Technically it's not an omelet. What I did was get a leaf or two, chop it up, scramble it with an egg, and microwaved it. I really don't know if this helped or my new eating lifestyle. I have a friend who has tried the egg mixture but she didn't get pregnant.

Don't give up hope but do relax and have sex just to have sex.
November 16th, 2012, 03:00 PM
Don't give up...I know that is easy for me to say because i'm not in your shoes...my DH and I have been trying for over a year now without ANY success, not even a miscarriage which to me is just a little glimpse that my reproductive organs are working, granted i'm sure that comes with it's own set of emotional problems...clomid is supposed to be really good but takes a few cycles...like the previous post said relax and have sex...we'll be reading your success story really soon
November 20th, 2012, 02:50 PM
kayakr's Avatar Persuaded by POAS’ers
It took me 5 years before I got pregnant with my DS. He is now 14. We've been trying now for 2 years for # 2. Don't give up.

You are able to get pregnant it appears. Have you been tested as to why you have miscarrages? You may want to try that next. When you get pregnant you might need help staying pregnant which can be very common.

Good Luck and we know how you feel.
Cycle 7 SA results abnormal morphology 2%, 50 mg clomid = BFN
Cycle 8 sonogram normal 50 mg clomid + trigger = BFN
Cycle 9 SA results abnormal morphology and motility. Count 200 mill, 100mg clomid + trigger = BFN
Cycle 10 natural = BFN
Cycle 11 hsg tubes clear, natural + trigger+IUI = BFN
Cycle 12 repronex + trigger + 2 IUI = BFN
Cycle 13 natural ovaries to stimulated for more meds = BFN
Cycle 14-22 natural cycle with Acupuncture and planning ivf/icsi/DE = ALL BFN
Cycle 23 Clomid 50 mg & Progesterone = BFN
Cycle 24 Natural = BFN
Cycle 25 BCP, SA result 7% morphology = BFN
Cycle 26 BCP and Lupron preparing for IVF
Cycle 27 IVF Acupuncture, DE Retrieval April 7, Transfer April 12 =
7 eggs retrieved, 3 fertilized, 2 transferred - zero snow babies
BETA # 1 16DPO or 11dp5dt = 569
BETA # 2 19 DPO or 14dp5dt = 1078
BETA # 3 22DPO or 17dp5dt = 2414 TWINS!
BETA # 4 30DPO or 25dp5dt = 12,685 6weeks 3days 2 heartbeats! 114 & 116
Clayton and Colton Born @ 34 weeks 11/22/13
November 28th, 2012, 01:35 PM
smsturner's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've been trying for three years.
I really think what would help you is to still try, but not put every bit of your time, and emotional energy into it. I obsessed for a while, and I still do here and there, but for the most part I just keep temping and going through the cycles but I still do the fun normal things we would do if we weren't trying at all. It's very important to do things that have nothing to do with ttc. Move some parts of your life along, but don't leave it all behind.
Does that make sense?

I never knew until that moment how badly it could hurt to lose something you never really had. - Missed Miscarriage at 10 weeks - 3/26
December 6th, 2012, 01:30 PM
Super Mommy
Lurking, sorry. I was TTC for almost 5 years. 4 confirmed miscarriages during that time. Tried clomid, femara, femara + injectables, and finally 3 IUI's. The last IUI, I had planned to either give up, or give 1 shot to IVF. I am now 6 months pregnant with a healthy baby girl. Don't give up! That would have been the worst thing I could have done. Hold your head up, and believe that it will happen, and it will shock you when it does!

Make a pregnancy ticker

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search