Need Advice

Forum: Trying to Conceive 1 Year +

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By smsturner

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive 1 Year + LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 27th, 2012, 06:27 AM
Hi Ladies,

My DH and I have been ttc for 14 months. Two years ago my cycles were irregular and my doctor had me go through a series of test that concluded I had PCOS. Well this year he ran the same tests and concluded my hormone levels were fine and I no longer had PCOS. I started charting 5 months ago and my charts look great consistent with ovulation. I even have positive OPKs every month, which when I told my doctor which day I had a positive OPK he said that wasn't correct and I O'd later than the OPK detected. He sent my husband in for an analysis and the results came back that he was fine. So now the doctor thinks that due to my painful AFs I may have endometriosis and would like to do an invasive procedure to determine if that is the cause. I have an appointment next month to discuss my options with the doctor. A friend of mine that had PCOS suggested I take birth control for a month and then stop and it would restart everything. I tried taking EPO this past two months in an attempt to assist the process. I would like to get some advice from some of you ladies that may have been in a similar situation. I don't want the invasive procedure but if that will speed up the process then I will do it, but i'm interested in other options. Maybe endometriosis really isn't a factor. What questions should I ask the doctor? What are some alternatives that in your experience weren't suggested but now that you know more you wish you would have asked about?
December 27th, 2012, 07:52 AM
smsturner's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi there. I don't know much about endometriosis, so I'm sorry about that.

I do want to encourage you to get a second opinion if your doctor is suggesting something you aren't sure about, and are getting a bit squeamy on. At the very least you will know you can trust your doctor if he suggests anything like that again.

I was told I was a perfect fit for PCOS by my md (where I started with my ttc journey), because of all my symptoms and my family history of it, but now I'm told that I am at risk for it, but do not have it. This was by the second dr I saw. She tested my hormone levels and was sure they didn't match with PCOS. Doctors, even great ones, with great intentions, can be wrong here and there, so even if you love your doctor, if you are unsure with what he asks you to do, get a second opinion.

Good luck!!! I hope it happens really soon for you!!
sweety02 likes this.

I never knew until that moment how badly it could hurt to lose something you never really had. - Missed Miscarriage at 10 weeks - 3/26
December 27th, 2012, 08:54 AM
Thank you so much SMSTURNER, believe it or not my DH and I have said that once before. So I will explore that as an option.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search