We seem to have a bunch of new ladies around, let's do a gtky! :)

Forum: Trying to Conceive 1 Year +

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By smsturner
  • 1 Post By smsturner
  • 1 Post By smsturner

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive 1 Year + LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 22nd, 2013, 06:02 AM
smsturner's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Name/ SO:

Any kids you have already:

How long have you been TTC?:

What kinds of things are you doing to help TTC along?:

A simple thing that makes you happy:

The MOST annoying comment/suggestion people make to you about TTC:

I never knew until that moment how badly it could hurt to lose something you never really had. - Missed Miscarriage at 10 weeks - 3/26
January 22nd, 2013, 06:08 AM
Name/ SO: Susan Turner, Tom Silva

Any kids you have already: Megan, 13 and Marcus, 11

How long have you been TTC?: more than 3.5 years

What kinds of things are you doing to help TTC along?: Clomid, Instead cups (until my puppy killed them lol), preseed, charting, vitamins

A simple thing that makes you happy: CHOCOLATE!!

The MOST annoying comment people make to you about TTC:

RELAX. If you just relax it'll happen!! (yes, I'm totally sure that relaxing will make my ovaries start working!)
Onelove121 likes this.

I never knew until that moment how badly it could hurt to lose something you never really had. - Missed Miscarriage at 10 weeks - 3/26
January 22nd, 2013, 11:25 AM
Super Mommy
Name/ SO: Kristina/David

Any kids you have already: 1 son; DJ (born in Nov 2010)

How long have you been TTC?: 2 1/2 yrs total; on our 12th cycle for ttc#2 (conceived #1 after 1 1/2 yrs)

What kinds of things are you doing to help TTC along?: DH is on herbs and doing acupuncture (he has MFI); I take herbs to enhance my fertility. We are also using opk's, instead cups and preseed.

A simple thing that makes you happy: Unsweetened tea from McDonalds

The MOST annoying comment/suggestion people make to you about TTC: "Just relax" "Don't try so hard"
TTC#1 for 1 1/2 years~ DS, DJ (3) Conceived naturally using acupuncture and herbs
TTC #2 for 1 1/2 yrs~DH(3 mths on Clomid&Olive Leaf Extract)
Our 1st Clomid & TI cycle August 2013 -BFP on 9/08/13!!!!!!!!

January 22nd, 2013, 12:48 PM
Your little guy is sooo cute!!
Onelove121 likes this.

January 22nd, 2013, 02:44 PM
babydreams0809's Avatar Veteran
Name/ SO: Alyssa, Evan

Any kids you have already: Zero, we are ttc #1

How long have you been TTC?: 19 Months

What kinds of things are you doing to help TTC along?: Let's see, what have we not tried in the all natural department. I have tried OPK's (3 times), Temping (about half of the time), herbs for DH, relaxing and trying to forget that we are ttc, pineapple core, mucinex (for DH and me), this next month, I am going to try all of those, and add in Geritol tonic and Lemon water (for Detox), and we are going to go see a Fertility Doctor in our area.

A simple thing that makes you happy: Watching a movie while crocheting. For an hour or two, I can forget the whole world, and all that is going on. And going target shooting, when the weather cooperates.

The MOST annoying comment/suggestion people make to you about TTC: I had a break down just before Christmas and told my dad that DH and I probably can't have kids, that it will be very difficult for us to. (No one in my family knows that we have been ttc for so long). My dad's first comment was "Is it DH? Is there something wrong with him?" I wanted to scream. No, there is nothing wrong with either of us, it is just one of those frustrating explainable fertility issues.
January 22nd, 2013, 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by babydreams0809 View Post
A simple thing that makes you happy: Watching a movie while crocheting. For an hour or two, I can forget the whole world, and all that is going on.
This is one of my very favorite things!! I love to crochet!
Are you on ravelry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by babydreams0809 View Post
The MOST annoying comment/suggestion people make to you about TTC: I had a break down just before Christmas and told my dad that DH and I probably can't have kids, that it will be very difficult for us to. (No one in my family knows that we have been ttc for so long). My dad's first comment was "Is it DH? Is there something wrong with him?" I wanted to scream. No, there is nothing wrong with either of us, it is just one of those frustrating explainable fertility issues.
Oh no! What a horrible horrible thing!! What would possess someone to say something like that? I'm so sorry!

January 22nd, 2013, 05:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Name/ SO: Lana/Pat

Any kids you have already: I have 2: a 22 yr old DS and a 20 yr old DD, DHdoesn't have any biologica childrenl but does have 4 adopted (all grown)

How long have you been TTC?: 15 months

What kinds of things are you doing to help TTC along?: Just started temping and charting this cycle,was on Clomid last year for a few months but I am O'ing on my own, I use OPK's and that is it it I guess

A simple thing that makes you happy: Reading

The MOST annoying comment/suggestion people make to you about TTC: That we are too old (I am 41 and DH is 45 (will be 46 in Feb). I have also been told I was crazy for wanting to have a baby! I really really really want to have a baby with DH. I think everyone who wants a biological child of their own has that right. He and is his first wife had 4 m/c's and that really devastated him and the older he gets the more he wants to have a child! I am just hoping and praying that we get our baby!!!
January 23rd, 2013, 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by katydae88 View Post
That we are too old (I am 41 and DH is 45 (will be 46 in Feb). I have also been told I was crazy for wanting to have a baby! I really really really want to have a baby with DH. I think everyone who wants a biological child of their own has that right. He and is his first wife had 4 m/c's and that really devastated him and the older he gets the more he wants to have a child! I am just hoping and praying that we get our baby!!!
I think it's fantastic!! What an obnoxious thing to say that you are too old! You are in your early forties. Lots of women do it then! And my DH is 46 too. He and his ex could also never have children, and I want this with and for him so much I can't even say.

Tons of luck to you hun!!
katydae88 likes this.

January 23rd, 2013, 01:42 PM
Super Mommy
Name/ SO: we are both 31

Any kids you have already: No : /

How long have you been TTC?: 12mnths

What kinds of things are you doing to help TTC along?: OPK, eating right, lowered caffeine intake, exercising a little(probably should more, vitamins for both.

A simple thing that makes you happy: dogs perkiness when I get home , husband having the dishes done for me.

My mom hounding me about more grand kids. She is a awesome grandma and I would love to give her more little ones. In one night she brought it up 3 times. : /
January 25th, 2013, 08:28 AM
Name/ SO: Tawanna/Bennie

Any kids you have already: No this will be our first

How long have you been TTC?: 15 months

What kinds of things are you doing to help TTC along?: Charting, EPO, Vitex, Eating better, lowering caffeine intake, DH is on Vitamin C and Zinc, I take prenatals, OPK

A simple thing that makes you happy: Coffee (even though I'm suppose to cut back)

The MOST annoying comment/suggestion people make to you about TTC: Just relax....while i'm sincerly happy for her my aunt who is 8 years older than me and is now pregnant after only a few months of trying told me that my DH and I just need to relax and not think about it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah_K View Post

A simple thing that makes you happy: dogs perkiness when I get home , husband having the dishes done for me.

My mom hounding me about more grand kids. She is a awesome grandma and I would love to give her more little ones. In one night she brought it up 3 times. : /
Your DH sounds like a keeper!

My mom says things indirectly, but my mother-in-law who has no clue that we've been trying so long and are having difficulties will lay it on thick just like that.

You are in my prayers Sarah

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search