One year + and on Clomid...to twins or not?

Forum: Trying to Conceive 1 Year +

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By smsturner
  • 1 Post By mrs edwards
  • 1 Post By TheBelowTwins

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive 1 Year + LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 5th, 2013, 11:23 AM
babyRichards's Avatar TTC Baby Richards #2
So hubby and I have been TTC for more than a year now and after visiting with the OBGYN on Fri, he told me I am healthy but not ovulating... of course he prescribed me Clomid and althought my face was just a smile, my heart was jumping with joy. He of course told me that it should help and that because I am healthy and free of PCOS, that I should have no problem getting pregnant. He then went on to say that the chances of twins are much higher...mmmm... After grabbing my paperwork, I burst out of that office like I just ran a race and won! I was so excited! I can't tell you how much I've dreamed about having twins. I will of course be so thrilled to have one, but two?! That's a blessing! My DH is freaking out but at the same time thinks it would be very interesting and fun if we had boy-girl twin or boy-boy twin but he advised me that he does not want girl-girl as 3 of me would be too much to handle So that leads me here, I've been trying for a year and now currently on clomid...I just have one question for you ladies, is anyone on Clomid?
Provera Rd. 1 04.18-04.23, Clomid Rd. 1 50MG 05.01-05.05, Dr. Appt. Rd. 1 on 06.06 with BFN, Provera Rd. 2 06.12-06.16, Clomid Rd. 2 100MG 06.28-07.02, Dr. Appt. Rd. 2 07.22 with No Response, TWW Rd. 1 07.22, AF showed 07.27, Clomid Rd. 3 100MG(last rd.) 07.28-08.01, BFP 09.29 & 9weeks preg, 1st U/S 10.04 with no heartbeat-angel baby at 8weeks5days,10.18 DandC procedure

My Ovulation Chart

Keep up with us at http://richardsfamilyblogspot.blogspot.com/
March 24th, 2013, 07:30 PM
ArmyWife28's Avatar Praying for a Miracle
I hate that 53 people have looked at this and no one has responded. I was on Clomid for 4 months and it didn't work for me and it really messed up my lining. I hope it works for you. I'm now on Femara it actually thickens your lining and makes more CM. I wish you all the luck!
FurMommy to Bowie, Abby, Macy, & Leroy

4 Rounds of Clomid & 2 Rounds of Femara with NO Luck
6/5/13 1st cycle of Follistim 600AQ CD3- CD11
6/14/13 Ovidrel Trigger Shot CD12
7/1/13 27mm Cyst on R Ovary, Cancelled cycle
March 27th, 2013, 04:54 PM
Beth2008's Avatar mommy in the making
Lurking from TTC boards, but I am currently on clomid. I actually finished my cd 5-9 round yesterday, just waiting to O. Fx'd you get your bfp

Thank you *Kiliki* for amazing siggy!

April 3rd, 2013, 02:57 PM
smsturner's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hey there. Sorry, I used to check in here all the time. I had a pregnancy and loss the last month and some though, so I was MIA.

Clomid got me our first bfp over this TTC journey, but with a single baby.

The chance of twinning does go up alot, I think it goes from 3% to 7%.

I'd love to start another check - in clomid thread where we can compare side effects and bounce things off of each other. I'll start one up and anyone feel free to come post
babyRichards likes this.

I never knew until that moment how badly it could hurt to lose something you never really had. - Missed Miscarriage at 10 weeks - 3/26
April 4th, 2013, 09:34 AM
Regular
I haven't tried clomid but it seems like a common aid for ttc women. My doc hasn't even mentioned it, that's another reason i'm going elsewhere....i lol'd when i read your initial post about running about of the office like you'd won a race...cuz i think that's how i'd feel if i finally got something to help DH and I! Hopefully it works for you guys!!!
~**baby dust**~ your way!!!
babyRichards likes this.

My Ovulation Chart
April 4th, 2013, 09:34 AM
Regular
I haven't tried clomid but it seems like a common aid for ttc women. My doc hasn't even mentioned it, that's another reason i'm going elsewhere....i lol'd when i read your initial post about running about of the office like you'd won a race...cuz i think that's how i'd feel if i finally got something to help DH and I! Hopefully it works for you guys!!!
~**baby dust**~ your way!!!

My Ovulation Chart
April 4th, 2013, 04:53 PM
Expecting our 1st and 2nd
Hi there, I'm on my first cycle of Clomid. Because I was already on day 6 of my cycle when I saw my dr, I only took it for 3 days 50mg twice a day. My husband and I are on day 6 of timed intercourse. I had a lot of emotional symptoms (crying easily, mood swings), hot flashes and stomach discomfort. I'm hoping this will work as I have PCOS and have not been ovulating. I've read that ordinarily your chance of twins is 1%, but with Clomid jumps to 10%! Sending thoughts and prayers your way, hope you get your BFP soon!
April 8th, 2013, 11:16 PM
hopingfor2bri's Avatar Super Mommy
I am about to start clomid once insurance cooperatescand dying for twins!!!!! Fx and gl to us both!!!!
Brianna- Mommy to DS, Brayden Chase 09/01/06 TTC#2

June 16th, 2013, 05:42 PM
My husband and I started trying to conceive in January of 2011 & as of December 2011 nothing happened. So we decided to take the next step and to speak to a doctor about TTC. We went in for test and I was just fine as well as my husband. so my ob/gyn prescribed me 50mg of clomid to take on my next cycle days 5-9. I took my last pill on January 12 2012 & on January 30 2012 we found out we were pregnant!!! & well that isn't the rest of my story!!! On March14th 2012 we go in for our very first ultrasound!!! My doctor said I was only having one baby but I had this weird feeling (and had been having dreams along with the feelings that's was in fact carrying twins) well the day of the ultrasound I laid on the exam table my hubby standing right next to me & the next thing I know the tech was laughing & giggling & I was FREAKING OUT she wouldn't tell me what was wrong!!! So she left to get the doc & the look on his face was priceless!!! I WAS PREGNANT WITH FRATERNAL TWINS!!!!! Hahaha!! Everyone in that office was in complete shock!! (They all knew I had been worried I was pregnant with twins & about my dreams) well long story short on October 31st I gave Birth (vaginally with NO epidural) to my precious babies Harrison walker 6lbs 3 oz 19.5 inches & harmony jean 7lbs 8 oz and 19.5 inches!!! Full term (a few days behind the actual due date) well the below twins are perfectly happy healthy babies now...... & well the husband and I WERE NOT TTC & found out last month in may we are expecting yet again & yes everyone prolly guessed ITS TWINS!!!! we are due jan 8th 2014!!! And after this I'm done!!! My doc told me that the clomid I had taken my to get pregnant the first time had in fact caused my body to retain the data he said & now my chances of conceiving twins or more were tripled!!!! & just like you I did not have any fertility issues at all and my husbands sperm was perfect as well!!! So I would be very cautious about taking clomid to get pregnant for unexplained infertility because most women end up pregnant with multiples more than once after taken clomid even months years after taking it!!! But good luck and I hope you guys receive the bundle of joy(s) you hope for!!!
lnelson0032 likes this.
June 19th, 2013, 08:12 AM
wow!! I love all the responses! thank you all so much!! We are keeping our fingers crossed and sending prayers to God constantly that he will bless us with two but if not, one will be just perfect as well Good luck to all of you lovely ladies!!
Provera Rd. 1 04.18-04.23, Clomid Rd. 1 50MG 05.01-05.05, Dr. Appt. Rd. 1 on 06.06 with BFN, Provera Rd. 2 06.12-06.16, Clomid Rd. 2 100MG 06.28-07.02, Dr. Appt. Rd. 2 07.22 with No Response, TWW Rd. 1 07.22, AF showed 07.27, Clomid Rd. 3 100MG(last rd.) 07.28-08.01, BFP 09.29 & 9weeks preg, 1st U/S 10.04 with no heartbeat-angel baby at 8weeks5days,10.18 DandC procedure

My Ovulation Chart

October 23rd, 2013, 12:43 PM
Veteran
I'm starting Clomid this cycle, we'll also be doing IUI. I'm also secretly hoping for twins. I say secretly b/c I know that DH is frightened by the idea, lol.
TTC #1 - 23 months and counting
Male Factor Infertility
IUI #4 - Chemical Pregnancy👼
IUI #5 - Ectopic Pregnancy👼
IUI #6 ~ Dec 14/Jan 15
October 23rd, 2013, 01:14 PM
Jennifer1011 we need to buddy up! I just had a miscarriage, DandC was just 10/18, so I have to wait for one cycle and then will hopefully get back on Clomid. Are you taking 50 or 100 mg?? I'm going back on 100mg, might convince doctor to let me do 150mg to bump up chances...but we will see. We were talking about IUI forever but when we found out that we were pregnant, we knew IUI wasn't necessary. Even thought we lost the baby, it's nice to know that we can get pregnant. Doctor says we have a really good chance of getting pregnant quickly and with a healthy pregnancy. Best of luck with your IUI!!! Hubs and I want twins as well. He was frightened at first but now, he loves the idea of boy girl twins. Let me know how things go!!! Baby dust to you and all the other ladies!!!

My Ovulation Chart

October 23rd, 2013, 01:22 PM
Veteran
babyRichards I'm so sorry to hear about your miscarriage....how devastating that must have been! I will for sure keep you posted on our IUI. I'll be taking 100 mg. You have an excellent attitude though, you're right at least you know you can get pregnant without IUI! I hope you get pregnant again right away!

LOL. I'm sure my hubby would warm up to the idea too, but prob only if he has to. We have friends who got pregnant with twins from injectables and IUI, they just found out they're both girls. My hubby teased her hubby, and I told him to watch out we might end up with twin girls toO!

BD to everyone!! FX!!!!!
TTC #1 - 23 months and counting
Male Factor Infertility
IUI #4 - Chemical Pregnancy👼
IUI #5 - Ectopic Pregnancy👼
IUI #6 ~ Dec 14/Jan 15
October 27th, 2013, 07:57 PM
I just had my first cycle of clomid and am currently in my 2ww.. boo... I had a dip on CD 5 and I'm on day seven.. hoping...wondering... idk if it was implantation or just estrogen surge.. hoping for higher temps.... It's great to read others that had no reason for infertility have luck with clomid... I'm fine, and so is DH but, I wasn't ovulating for like a year after BC then one day I just did... and had a normal cycle..but no BFP... :-( The dr was already going to put me on clomid and decided to anyways.... hoping for my BFP! Twins run rampant in my family and I would love twins! I was actually a twin and she was still-born... so I've been praying for justice for that for a long time... but my dr is actually pretty against twins... boo... joykill.... hope you guys all get your BFP's soon!!!!!!!!!!

Tags
baby , clomid , obgyn , ttc , twins

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search