this is long but looking for opinions

Forum: Trying to Conceive 1 Year +

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive 1 Year + LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 4th, 2013, 06:46 AM
Regular
Sorry I was gone so long ladies....i was trying to keep my mind off all of this ovulation, 2ww PREGNANCY stuff. Tried to destress for a while but now i have a question and all opinions are welcome!
Well, at the begining of january, my obgyn finally agreed to doing an exploratory surgery. To the point at my follow up everything was fine,no tube blockages, no scaring of any kind (i had a ruptured ovarian cyct at age 14) everything "beautiful" according to dr. So Great News...i guess? Not saying i wanted anything to be wrong...but if everything is "perfect" why is it taking so long. We are at about 1 and 1/2 years of ttc and my doc keeps telling me that it just takes alot of luck. I understand this however he hasn't mentioned any aids like clomid and i did mention one time but i don't like to be pushy cuz he's a dr and i'm not. Also at the end of my follow up, he just said ,"well, good luck and we'll see you in december for your pap".... Really? December? does it seem odd? I don't know what to think. My husband is so passive that he just says to do whatever feels right. I don't think he knows what to say. I really to like my doc and he's very experienced..if you catch my drift.
My obgyn also doesn't deliver anymore and told me he could only see me until 20 weeks anyway.
Here's my conclusion question...there is another dr that just opened her new practice and everyone i talk to loves her. I also have a friend from school that works there and she was like, "well, if you want we've got clomid etc, all kinds of stuff if that's the way you want to go"
It's just tough to think about...what do you ladies thing. I called to atleast make a consultation with her today but no one anwered the phone.
I don't know.

My Ovulation Chart
April 4th, 2013, 07:36 AM
smsturner's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi there. I'm really glad your surgery went well and all looks good.

I have learned a few things on this 4 year ttc journey.

1. YOU are the only advocate you can count on. Be pushy if you feel that you are not getting the care you deserve! You are the only one losing out in your silence.

Normally, after 12 months of trying, dr's should be scheduling some normal tests and checking some things. Have they done anything besides the surgery? Checked your hormone levels? Done an HSG? Done a post ovulation blood test to be sure you are ovulating?

2. If you are ready for your baby, don't wait!! Don't wait to try the next step. My biggest regrets are not pushing, and waiting so long to take the next steps. And my hubby was no help on that either. He is soooo passive. He wants me to take charge and do what I think is the right thing to do next.

I can't tell you what the right thing is for you to do, but if it were ME, I would call that new place again and get in when I can. I really hope that you can get in soon and get a second opinion and hear some great news!!! Let us know how you do please!

I never knew until that moment how badly it could hurt to lose something you never really had. - Missed Miscarriage at 10 weeks - 3/26
April 4th, 2013, 07:48 AM
Regular
thank you for your reply... i did call again and got an appt for april 22. I'm kind of excited about it...but they want me to get some of my records forwarded...which i understand is normal and people do it all the time. The only thing is I guess i'm too nice but i don't want to make my current dr mad or upset. He didn't really do anything wrong...he just didn't really do anything. He is really nice and a great experienced dr but like i said he doesn't even deliver anymore anyway. I don't know why i feel this way.
So the new dr's office told me to either have them forwarded or to personally obtain copies and bring them to the new office the day of my appointment.
I know i shouldn't stay quiet because they can't read your mind.
I know that i had some regular blood work don't at my GPs office and it was all fine. and before my surgery my ob did some blood work and i know they tested my thyriod, which was fine, but i'm not sure about anything else.

My Ovulation Chart
April 4th, 2013, 09:14 AM
smsturner's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh that's exciting about your appt!!! Good luck!

Definitely get the records before the appt. That way they don't put you through any other tests you already had.

I wouldn't worry about the dr getting upset, it's almost a 100% guarantee that a secretary will just take care of it as everyday business and he won't even notice. People get second opinions and other things all the time. I'm sure he wouldn't take it personally, even if he did know.

I never knew until that moment how badly it could hurt to lose something you never really had. - Missed Miscarriage at 10 weeks - 3/26
August 6th, 2013, 08:55 AM
good luck

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search