Tired!

Forum: Trying to Conceive 1 Year +

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive 1 Year + LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 4th, 2013, 03:38 PM
Expecting our 1st and 2nd
My husband and I have been trying to conceive for over a year. Last month I went to my dr to get the ball rolling with fertility counseling. Last week I went and had an SIS and an HSG. Everything looks good, tubes are open. I have been diagnosed with PCOS, but have been taking Metformin for a couple of months, so no cysts. I have a polyp on my uterus, but my doctor said that it shouldn't impact my ability to conceive and if we don't conceive in the next two cycles, I'll have it removed. She put me on 50 mg of Clomid twice a day, but because I was already on day 6 of my cycle, I only got to take it for 3 days. On day 10 of my cycle, DH and I started timed intercourse (for 10 days). We are only on day 6, but I am exhausted! I don't know if it's resonant side effects from the clomid or if I'm just exhausted from having been trying for 15 months. I'm certainly not ready to give up, but I can barely think about having sex everyday for the next four days let alone having to do this over three more times with Clomid! I am overall exhausted and I feel like crap. I've had headaches, backaches, hot flashes, stomach cramps, constipation, and overall fatigue. Any suggestions on how I can not dread doing the BD for the next four days? How do the rest of you cope with the exhaustion of trying? Anyone else feeling tired of the BD?
April 5th, 2013, 06:57 AM
smsturner's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi there. I'm sorry about your PCOS. My first dr was sure I had it, but my second dr said my blood tests don't line up with that. I'm a just plain regular non-ovulator.

I'm sorry you've been trying so long and had no luck. I'm sure you are frustrated and tired and upset. Unfortunately, that's really normal. I understand exactly what you are feeling. Big hugs.

Sex is just not nearly as fun when you 'have' to do it, and have to time, and have to schedule it. That's just terribly normal when ttc this long too.
As far as tips.... that's kind of a what works for you. You can try to pretend it's spontaneous? Talk to hubby and tell him how you are feeling and see if you can come up with fun ideas together? Try to make yourself feel sexy? (I know that's super easy when you are exhausted with hot flashes right??)
Also - sex every other day should work just fine if you are exhausted and not feeling it. Every day won't hurt if your guys swimmers are fine, but every other day is normally the recommendation.

Ignore all the people out there telling you to 'relax' and 'just let it happen in it's own time'. That will just stress you out more and want to hit someone

And even though I'm sure you've heard it a hundred times, it really WILL be worth it when you get to hold your baby that first time! I hope this is your month!!

I never knew until that moment how badly it could hurt to lose something you never really had. - Missed Miscarriage at 10 weeks - 3/26
April 5th, 2013, 12:07 PM
Regular
I was going to say the same thing as smsturner.... I've heard that every other day is plenty...that might help you from getting BD'ing burnout... at least hopefully.
Also sometimes I've been there and you just plain don't feel like it.
In that case, we just don't..however I don't know if that is the best advice as we are at about 19 months ttc.
Maybe buy something sexy to wear... I don't really like to show off my body so instead if I feel like I need to "pump it up" some I do something different (fancy) with my hair and really take a long time to put on make-up.
Sometimes it helps...sometimes not.. Good luck tho! keep on dancing....

ps. I remember I had a roommate that would make cd's of some favorite "sexy" songs for when her boyfriend came to visit and they would turn it on and well,..you know... they def weren't dancing the BD but they were "dancing" ....lol. just a thought.

My Ovulation Chart
April 5th, 2013, 12:07 PM
Regular
I was going to say the same thing as smsturner.... I've heard that every other day is plenty...that might help you from getting BD'ing burnout... at least hopefully.
Also sometimes I've been there and you just plain don't feel like it.
In that case, we just don't..however I don't know if that is the best advice as we are at about 19 months ttc.
Maybe buy something sexy to wear... I don't really like to show off my body so instead if I feel like I need to "pump it up" some I do something different (fancy) with my hair and really take a long time to put on make-up.
Sometimes it helps...sometimes not.. Good luck tho! keep on dancing....

ps. I remember I had a roommate that would make cd's of some favorite "sexy" songs for when her boyfriend came to visit and they would turn it on and well,..you know... they def weren't dancing the BD but they were "dancing" ....lol. just a thought.

My Ovulation Chart

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search