Have been trying since our loss in August 2012

Forum: Trying to Conceive 1 Year +

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive 1 Year + LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 8th, 2013, 07:52 PM
I'm Nikki and this is my story.

I got pregnant in July of 2012...I found out at just 3 1/2 weeks...which was scary because I had a Mirena at the time. We went to see my midwife to confirm the pregnancy. My Mirena had dislodged itself after 4yrs and 2 months of having it. It was removed that day. Everything went fine for about a week and a half after that then I started spotting...I FREAKED! I went to the ER they said everything was fine my hormones were increasing and that it was normal considering I had had the IUD. Well I followed up with my clinic and they ordered blood tests every 2 days everything was good...for the next 4 days...then the pain started...followed by the cramps...and increased bleeding...went back to the ER bloodwork showed my hormones had stopped increasing the day before...I was losing my baby.. They didn't order a D&C because I was only 5-7 weeks along never got an ultrasound to see how far along because they said my hormone count wasn't high enough to be able to see anything. Ultrasound after they confirmed the miscarraige showed NOTHING so they said the baby was gone already. I suffered a VERY bad depression because I had wanted a second child for so long and my now husband and I were so excited to be pregnant even if it was a surprise after being together for 2 years. I had conceived my daughter who is now 5 while on birth control. We waited 2 cycles before we started trying...and we still are...I'm hoping that the Mirena didn't mess up my chances to have more children because I would like 2 more, but the longer it takes the more upset and frustrated I get. I have a feeling that I might not be fertile anymore. I have tried everything I take prenatals, eat right, and I have been losing weight. I am 5ft 7in and 210lbs. I'm losing all hope and I just don't know what to do. We have decided if we don't conceive before December that I am going to go get tested to see what is going on...but I HOPE it doesn't come to that.

(sorry if anything was TMI)

Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated....
February 20th, 2014, 01:01 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that! I don't know anything about Mirena. I've been TTC for 12 months and got my BFP on month 12. Miscarried at 4 weeks. The doctor was sad for me but at the same time was very pleased that we DID get pregnant. He said although it was a miscarriage and that is SO SO sad, it means that everything is working right.

I hope that helps a little bit, baby dust to you and good luck!!
March 3rd, 2014, 12:39 PM
Veteran
I had a stillborn on Jan 2012 I was full term he was my first child we been trying for a year and a half since the loss and still haven't conceived so I know how you feel girl I will be praying for you. its all in God's hands. God bless you Nikki.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search