TTC for over a year now and feel useless

Forum: Trying to Conceive 1 Year +

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive 1 Year + LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 19th, 2013, 04:25 PM
Hi all.

Just needed to vent really. I was diagnosed with PCOS a few months ago after blood tests and scans. My OH also got results today that his sperm count/mobility etc is normal. I know I should be happy about this but all I can think is that it's my fault we are not pregnant yet. All I can think about is that I can't be ovulating at all as we have been trying for over a year. We have sex regularly, I track what periods I do have on a phone app, I have lost some weight (although I have a bit more to go) and I just feel like it's not going to happen for us.

Everyone around me is having babies except me.

Sorry a bit of a depressing post and I'm sure other people are suffering more than me so sorry everyone

Does anyone have any tips/hints for increasing chances of ovulation naturally? Am going to speak to my GP about medication but just in case they fob me off it would be useful to know.

Thanks
December 22nd, 2013, 03:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hey Frankie. *Hugs* PCOS sucks Do you have regular periods? If not have a look at vitex. Also look at soy isoflavins. I don't think you can take both thou. Do lots of research.

Good luck!
December 22nd, 2013, 03:32 PM
Thanks.

I did when I first came off my pill in August last year but then in February I had a period but then ended up not having one for 130 days.

Recently it's not been as bad but tends to be around 50-60 days; however the last two have been 35 days so practically perfect. I don't hold out much hope that it will stay that way though.

I have read about various different things I can take but am a bit worried about taking things that I really have no knowledge of and not knowing what I can and can't take them with.

Should I speak with my GP about this?
December 23rd, 2013, 09:02 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Sorry you're having a difficult time TTC. Was it your GP that referred you for scans / blood tests? If so, speak with them about the results - they may be able to refer you to a local fertility clinic for more support. If not, go see your GP and talk with them about your difficulties.

I went through the same, 1 year and nothing - even with regular periods. My GP ordered blood tests anda HSG scan for me and semen tests for DH. After then we were referred to our local fertility clinic where they helped us

Naturally - Make sure you're taking a prenatal vitamin which contains folic acid. Continuing with the weight loss is also good (i lost 30+lbs - just FYI the NHS puts limits on fertility treatments so your BMI has to be below 30). Look into preseed (a lubricant) for your fertile times. It might be worth looking into charting your Basal body temperature as this can tell you for sure whether you're ovulating or not.

Also....try swinging by the TTC#1 boards, those ladies are great

Last edited by Jen@FirsAve; December 23rd, 2013 at 09:05 AM.
December 23rd, 2013, 09:20 AM
Thanks I do have a 9yr old son from a previous relationship (although he was a complete surprise for me at 17yrs old!) so I know I can have children but it's proving very difficult this time around.

It was my GP that put us both forward for testing and tbh we didn't have a fight about it which i know some people do.

I am going to try to get another appointment with my doctor inbetween Xmas and new year or in the new year if not. My BMI is below 30 so hopefully there will be no issues there. With luck they will refer us to a clinic but u never can tell with services nowadays with cutbacks etc
December 26th, 2013, 03:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Just noticed your in the UK! I'm in Leicestershire

Your GP should transfer you to the fertility clinic, but you may have to have some referal tests. The ones here were bloods and cervical swab and HSG where they fill your womb and Fallopian tubes with a dye and xray to see if there are any blockages or malformations, quite fascinating to watch!

Some clinics also want your partner to be under 30BMI too.

KUP!
December 26th, 2013, 05:42 PM
I have had blood tests and ultrasound so far, that's how I got my diagnosis. Doctors haven't mentioned any other tests yet but I'm sure they will! Don't like the sound of tubes and womb having dye in them ��

Have recently had a smear as well, would they do a swab on top of that do you think?

Partner is also under 30BMI which is good. Will have to wait and see what the GP says!
December 27th, 2013, 02:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I think they will still want more swabs.

Quite a lot of people conceive after the HSG, if theres a minor blockage it can clear it Its not as scary as it sounds just a bit uncomfy.
January 3rd, 2014, 06:51 PM
Please don't feel that way. You guys are in it together no matter what! No on is at fault. I too have PCOS and my husband also has no issues. It is so hard and I understand when you get diagnosed, but there is hope, I promise. Hang in there! Some days are bad but there are so many options that are available so you can conceive. I've been diagnosed for almost 4 years and I am still opening doors to new opportunities! Everyday they are learning something new! I know this is no miracle answer, but take everyday in stride, and remember that your best bet in PCOS is keeping yourself healthy (I'm not always great at that part but I'm trying everyday)! Good luck to you. I'm keeping you in my thoughts.
AFarmersWife
January 3rd, 2014, 06:58 PM
On ovulation, they tried clomid for me first (I didn't respond) then famera (which I recently took for the first time and responded) I live in the US so not sure if things are the same. Famara recently came out of studies here in Nov 2013 (actually used as a drug for breast cancer). You could bring it up at least?
January 3rd, 2014, 11:12 PM
Thank you for your kind words and support. I have just started my first cycle BBT charting and it looks like I ovulated so feeling more hopeful. Still going to see the GP next week though just to see what they recommend. I've not heard of Famara, I expect we are a bit behind here in the UK, that's usually the case but I will mention it if they give me Clomid and it does not work.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search