Just Needed A Place To Let it All Out

Forum: Trying to Conceive 1 Year +

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By jshizz
  • 1 Post By Thankfulhelpmeet

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive 1 Year + LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 15th, 2014, 04:54 PM
Hi!

Some info on me, my name is Kat and I live in Texas with my DH, and all of my animal babies including 2 dogs, 2 cats, a Quaker Parrot, a Guinea Pig, and some fish. (Whew!) I'm 24 (25 next month...man I feel so much older!) and he's 28 (going on 29 in August).

I've never made a post like this in a forum before because I always thought I'd sound whiney, but I can't keep pushing it all on the husband because this is hard for him, too.

We've been trying to conceive for 3 years now. The first year and a half weren't concentrated trying, just "not NOT trying" if you know what I mean. I tend to stress out fairly easily so I thought that would be best for us at first instead freaking out about mucus, and temps, and cervix positions, etc. etc. Well, after that year and a half I moved to concentrated effort in trying. I didn't want to go to the doctor 1) because we didn't have very good health insurance (we do now!), and 2) because I thought the doctor would just tell us to keep at it and or make a concentrated effort. Also, I am overweight and really didn't want to go to the doctor and immediately hear how fat people can't have kids.

I thought for a long time that I had something wrong. I was very skinny in high school (too skinny), but my mom (a hypochondriac) had me placed on a medicine cocktail before I went to college to combat my apparent "severe depression" (I'm pretty sure I was just an angsty teenager). I gained 100 pounds in a year, and have hovered around 220 since then. My mother actually DOES have hypothyroidism and my younger sister has been diagnosed with PCOS, so I was sure there was probably something wrong with me as well.

I was on a BC before that gave me only 3 periods a year and after coming off it I didnt have a period for probably a year to a year and a half. Then I started having them sporadically, 1 every couple months then 6 months would go by with no sign of it. At the time the (then) boyfriend and I were living together but didn't want children (yet). And here we are: married, graduated, and buying a house, but no sign of a baby anywhere.

My periods are still erratic. They came back with a vengeance last Spring and stayed regular for about half a year, and last November disappeared again with only 1 since then. I (finally) went to an OB/GYN in January and had tests done. No Hypothyroidism. No PCOS. Not even in the pre-diabetic range. All awesome but no closer to explaining what's happening. He said we could start Clomid if we wanted, but I didn't want it to come to that.

I've tried every natural supplement under the sun, including Soy Isoflavones last month. It's also difficult because when I bring up the subject of the DH and me having kids sometime my mother always says "Oh, I'm sure you won't have problems conceiving baby, I did so easily!".

All in all this is hard because I'm SURROUNDED by babies! Literally! I'm a nanny for my job and I watch 15 month old boy/girl twins everyday. 2 friends are currently pregnant, another 3 cousins are, and another cousin just had their 3rd child in 3 years! Every time it's "We weren't trying to get pregnant it's just *insert excuse here*". I joke with my husband that I don't just become interested in something, I obsess over it, but it isn't really a joke. Since we decided to start TTC I spend every spare second either focussing on babies/trying to conceive/miracles.

I hope someone out there has some encouraging words because I'm starting to feel as though I'll never be pregnant. I'll never have children. And my husband who deserves to be a father because he'll be MAGNIFICENT won't get to be one.
March 23rd, 2014, 05:17 PM
jshizz's Avatar PMA all day!
Hi there Thanks for sharing your story. I am surprised that your OB did not want to do anymore testing or recommend a different course of action with you TTC for 3 years. It seems like you mentioned a lot about you and your body, but what about DH? Has he ever had an SA done? At 3 years in, most would recommend a basic SA be done to rule him out as a problem. If all ok there, sounds like you need to meet with an RE and have some testing done for yourself to make sure hormone levels are ok, that you are ovulating, etc. I, too am a big stress case. My DH is convinced it is why I am not getting pg. I have started acupuncture and meditation to try and combat it.Good luck.
KMH likes this.

Secondary Unexplained Infertility

August 2000 (natural)
Nathan Albert 3/19/02 (from ex-husband)
October 2006 (D&C)
NTNP since November 2010 (off BCP due to migraines)
TTC since 12/3/11 (our wedding day) Started fertility testing summer 2012 (HSG, SA, blood panels, SIS: all normal)
TTCMA January 2014
IUI #1 - 1/20/14 - w/ 50 mg clomid
New RE!
IUI #2 - 3/23/14 - w/ 75 iU Gonal-f
IUI #3 - 5/16/14 - w/ 150 iU Gonal-f

Back to plain ole' TTC

Last edited by jshizz; March 23rd, 2014 at 06:54 PM.
March 29th, 2014, 11:04 AM
Super Mommy
I would highly suggest a hormone saliva (has to be saliva test) to test your hormone levels. I too was on an antidepressant at one point in my life (cipralex) and also birth control for irregular periods. Most if not all OB's will only test your hormones through blood work, which is not accurate enough in depicting which hormones are off. If you can find a natural pathic dr who can do a saliva test for you, you can determine if there is a hormonal imbalance which can easily be fixed with many supplements! Sometimes trying a bunch of natural remedies (without knowing for sure which product would best suit your body) can cause more problems. So a saliva pannel test would be your best option!Im not sure where in Texas you live (I know its a BIG state! lol) but here is a link to a reputable establishment of natural holistic medicine.Saliva Testing VS Blood | infinity wellness center
jshizz likes this.

Tags
3 years , depressed , ttc

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search