I just need someone to help me understand..... Please help me

Forum: Trying to Conceive 1 Year +

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive 1 Year + LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 22nd, 2014, 12:07 AM
My name is Alexis. My husband and I have been married for over two years and have been ttc since right before we got married. In December 2013 after 2 long years ttc we finally got our miracle little + sign.... In January though, our world came crashing down. I lost our baby, on his birthday, just 7 days before my own birthday. I don't know what to do. I don't understand why the doctors say I should have no problem conceiving, but I can't do so. I have tried everything.... I need help... I need advise... We just want a baby and I am scared I cannot do that for my husband and myself.... still weirder is the fact that I am late on my period this month, but tonight I had some brownish discharge which is unusual for me because when i get my period, it strikes heavy with no warning... I have been cramping for a week, and my body is just not right. I am lost and confused at this point... please, anybody, I am reaching out for a friend, someone who can understand and help me... if anybody has any kind of ttc advise, any comments at all... please help me... I am 2+ years and counting, and starting to lose hope....
April 22nd, 2014, 07:51 AM
Super Mommy
If it's your regular OB GYN telling you that you should have no problem I wouldn't listen. My OB GYN told me I was fine but when I went to a fertility clinic, I found out that I had endometriosis (had to have surgery to diagnose) and am borderline PCOS. Also found out that DH had slow liquification. I would highly suggest going to a fertility clinic. 2 years is too long. Something is wrong. It could be something easily fixed too so why not try it?

April 22nd, 2014, 09:08 AM
I have talked to a few different doctors. they all say the same, that I am fine. So, I just don't know anymore. The spotting I was concerned about last night, turned into my period for sure this morning, so I think I am just done trying.... for good. You're right, two years is too long. Too long to keep suffering from disappointment, too long to feel like dirt every time one of my friends magically ends up pregnant on the first time without trying at all, and too long to keep putting my husband through the same thing every single month without fail because I feel like this is something I need, when in reality, it probably isn't.
April 22nd, 2014, 03:09 PM
shaymcc's Avatar NaviMom
Im not sure what you have tried, however you did say everything but just incase, have you tried taking Geritol Complete (or Tonic) along with folic acid? I also used preseed and the SMEP method to get my bfp after trying for 6 cycles. What all have you tried?

Make a pregnancy ticker
April 23rd, 2014, 06:34 PM
mrs.ceebee.0915's Avatar waiting for a miracle...
Hi Alexis,

I am so sorry you having to go through this, but I do agree with flhopeful, that 2 years is too long to go with no answers, and you may need to see an RE for more answers. I have been trying (almost) 3 years now, and I had to see an RE to find out some of the answers, that at least gave my hubs and I a better chance of getting pregnant! I too was diagnosed with Endometriosis that I did not know I had, until I saw an RE. No other doctor ever even mentioned Endo to me, so I had no clue that I had it and how severe it was. I do believe that there are some natural supplements that you can try and have been useful to some ladies to get pregnant, so there are other options besides medicines to try! It is really up to you on how fast you want to move forward and how far you want to go with your TTC. My hubs and I have done IUI's with no meds and IUI's with meds, and since we are coming up on our 3rd year of TTC, we are preparing to move on to IVF if needed. I had a super hard time not getting pregnant when we were trying naturally on our own. We finally went to an RE and it was so hard for me to put all my hope into this doctor, but she is wonderful and has helped my hubs and I along and been there for me every step of our TTC journey. Our regular doctors just weren't cutting it for us to get the answers we needed to better TTC for the best chance for a positive outcome! I would suggest making an appt to see an RE and get some more answers. A few tests or trying a med or even just having a new doctors perspective could help.

I wish you all the luck in your TTC journey. If you just want someone to talk to, feel free to PM me if you want. I am hoping for you to have a happy ending!!!
ttc and start our family since august 2011 <3
-
3 yr ttc anniversary
--
currently: finally getting to stop BCP and wait for AF to show!

Hoping to do an IVF cycle in November!
May 10th, 2014, 06:01 PM
MommaLee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I know this was posted last month but has your husband been checked by a urologist and/or had a semen analysis? I ask because reproductively, I have no known issues; however, my husband has low sperm count and less than 1% motility.
May 23rd, 2014, 03:35 AM
Dman thats a sad story hope it works out in the end
June 7th, 2014, 06:00 PM
I think this might be the correct thread for me to post. If its not I apologize. Really I am just trying to find someone who can identify with the way I am feeling and when i searched the internet and I found this place. I just joined today and I am not sure if I am doing this right. I have been off of Birth Control for a year and a half. I wasn't really "trying" but not "trying to prevent" either if that makes sense. I had been having 26 day cycle for several months. My cycle is irregular but usually to the extent that I get my period early not late. Last month I was late. I actually felt really off, like different then I ever felt in the past when I was late. (I have been late before but as I said usually I have a short cycle not a long one) I was told not to take a test til I was a week late and I got my period on day 31 which put me at 5 days after the 26 day cycle I had been having and 3 days after what would be a normal 28 day sched. It was not a normal period. Does anyone think It might have been a chemical pregnancy? Honestly after that I have been baby crazed. Like I actually really want a baby now. Before it was if it happens great but I wasn't getting my hopes up. Now everything has changed and I think I maybe getting ready for my period(tomorrow is day 26) and I am really disappointed when up until last month I was fine with not being pregnant. Like I said I wasn't opposed to it prior to now but I wasn't disappointed at not being pregnant like I feel now. I just need someone to talk to.

Last edited by HollynIvy; June 7th, 2014 at 07:18 PM. Reason: Added some things

Tags
confused , late , miscarriage , spotting , ttc

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search