Thanksgiving

Forum: Secondary Fertility Issues

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Secondary Fertility Issues LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 24th, 2010, 08:02 PM
MountainMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MountainMomma
When struggling with infertility and TTC it is so easy to lose sight of all the things we have to be thankful for. Let's take a few moments to focus on those things, and to be thankful.

I am thankful for the two great kids I have. They drive me crazy at times, and they are far from perfect, but they are mine and I love them more than I could ever express. The fact that I mourn the fact that I have been unable to have more does not take away from the love I do have for these two awesome little people.

I am thankful for my jobs. Many people cannot even find one job with the way our economy is. I am so lucky and grateful to have not just one, but two really good jobs. While I complain about them frequently, they really aren't bad jobs. I've definitely had much, much worse.

I am thankful for the church we are in. I have been to several churches were people act like they care, but I have never found another where the people genuinely care about each other as much as they do here. I truely see them as an extension of my family and I love them all dearly.

I am thankful for the opprotunity to go back to school. Not everyone finds themselves in a position where they can go back to school and further their education. The fact that I can, and am doing so almost entirely on grants is something I cherish.

I am thankful for my husband's family. So many people don't get along with their in-laws, or worse yet, genuinely don't like them. I feel very blessed to have married into a family that treats me as if I was always a member. Most days I feel closer to them than I do my own family!

I am thankful for our house and our two vehicles. In a time when many people were losing jobs and homes, God led us to an amazing deal that makes most people gasp with disbelief when they hear about it. $13,000 for a 5 bedroom house that is in liveable condition is nearly unheard of, but just when we decided to start looking (within days to be honest) this house went on the market, and it was just doors away from Matt's grandparents. The house, the price, and the location were all just perfect.

I am most thankful for my husband. He has put up with so much from me. TTC for more than 4 years and suffering through 8 heartbreaking miscarriages has not been easy. Throw in the death of my father, my grandmother, an uncle, and aunt........ it has been an emotional rollercoaster of a ride since day one, but he has been there holding my hand and supporting me through the entire thing. He treats me like a queen and would truely do anything for me and the kids. That just isn't something you see very often.

Finally, while it may sound strange, I am thankful for my ex husband. First, because without him, I wouldn't have my two great kids. More importantly though, if it wasn't for my ex and all the crap he put me through, I don't know that I would appreciate Matt, his family and all the good that I have now as much as I do. I heard someone say once that sometimes you have to walk through **** before you can smell the roses. I definitley walked through it with my ex, and I am so grateful for the roses I am smelling now.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. I hope you all have a wonderful and blessed holiday!

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my new siggy!

Click on my blinkies to tour some of my favorite boards!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search