Donna

Forum: Secondary Fertility Issues

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Secondary Fertility Issues LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 28th, 2010, 05:52 PM
MountainMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MountainMomma
How is David? I saw somewhere on here that he was in the hospital last week. I hope everything is okay.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my new siggy!

Click on my blinkies to tour some of my favorite boards!
November 28th, 2010, 07:20 PM
OurSweetLabs's Avatar I LOVE My Boys!!
To make a long story short he is doing much better. He has lost 5 pounds ( He only weighs 30 ) The doctors are wanting test him him for Celiac Disease after his arms heal. However we on day 2 of solid stool.

I will type out the whole story tomorrow

November 29th, 2010, 03:28 PM
Oh, wow. I hope that they can get to the bottom of things soon. Poor little guy. Poor momma too!

November 29th, 2010, 07:15 PM
OurSweetLabs's Avatar I LOVE My Boys!!
The Long story

On Friday the 19th I got a call from Daycare at 2:45 pm that David was throwing up. Dh could get there faster than I could so he went to pick him up. In less than 15 minutes he had picked him up and started home, at this point David threw up two more times so I head home from work. ( I thankfully didn't have duty) When I got home at 4:00 David had thrown up 4 more times and started having diarrhea. I called his Dr. who said a virus was going around he should be better in 24 hours to call back if anything changed.

By 6:00 we had changed over 10 diapers and DH had to go buy a new pack. Poor David kept throwing up and having diarrhea. At midnight he had had over 25 dirty diapers and looked like water was just pooring out of him He also had a rash on his palms and the bottoms of his feet.

Saturday Morning his Dr agreed to see him so we took him in only for them to tell us that as long as he was urinating once every 24 hours that he was ok, just to keep trying to get him to drink.

Saturday night he started refusing all drinks and continued to have a crazy amount of dirty diapers.

Sunday morning his poor bottom was splitting open and blistered from all of the diarrhea. He also had not urinated since 5:00 pm on Saturday. Most of the day he just layed around and wouldn't drink at all, not even to nurse, so I called our Dr. who agreed to send us to the ER.

When we got there they started running trying to run test but could get any blood out and he didn't have any tears. At this point they decided to start an IV. It took them four tries to get one to work as his viens would blow each time they got the needle in and started to try fluids. After getting a little bit of blood for blood work they decided to admit him. We were sent upstairs to the children's unit . He got almost a whole bag of fluids before the night was out and he still didn't unrinate. He did not urinate until midday monday even though he was on his second bag of fluids. His diarrhea also continued at a faster rate than fluids going into him ( I know because they started saving and weighing all of his diapers )

The doctors ran all kinds of test but could not figure out what was making him sick. He had to stay on IV until late tuesday night when they decided to let us come home.

November 29th, 2010, 11:46 PM
Oh wow. I can only imagine how scary that must have been. I really hope that he continues to improve and that they get to the bottome of things quickly.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search