let the meltdown begin! (warning....it's long)

Forum: Secondary Fertility Issues

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Secondary Fertility Issues LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 7th, 2010, 11:29 PM
MountainMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MountainMomma
We were doing so well. We had spring class schedules completed. Matt's schedule and my own meshed quite nicely so that we only needed one car for school, and we only had to go three days a week. I has my work-study schedule hours set and they meshed nicely with both my class schedule and my hours at the store. Matt and I both got the classes we wanted, at the times we wanted, with the instructors we wanted. We registered for classes more than 3 weeks ago. Everything was done. It was so easy. Too easy.

Let me first say that finding instructors that I want isn't too hard. There is one that bores me to tears. I'd rather avoid his classes in the future if I could. Other than that, I haven't had any problems. I have been warned about one other who assigns unreasonable amounts of homework, but that class isn't one I have to take, so scratch that off the electives list and no problems. There is only one exception. One instructor who doesn't grade papers for MONTHS at a time. One instructor who cancels class regularly but forgets to inform students. One instructor who was so miserable that I reported him to the dean. one instructor who I will NEVER take another class with. ONE!

Today the bomb goes off. Someone mentions an instructor who hasn't shown up for class in over three weeks. I quickly rewind through the last couple of weeks in my head, trying to figure out who it is. I quickly realize that I haven't seen the woman who is going to be teaching my Composition 2 class in the spring. I slip into the inner office and confirm this with the site director. Great. I voice my concern over the situation and having her class next semester. The site director assures me that it won't be an issue. I sigh with relief and said "good! I was just afraid she was just flaking out......" and I am interrupted with "Because she won't be teaching next semester". Great.

So of course, I ask what happens with her classes. They are being split up between two instructors. Part of them go to the one that bores me to tears. (There have quite literally been days I wanted to do real physical harm...... just not sure whether that should be to myself or to the instructor! lol) and part of them are going to ...... you guessed it...... THE ONE. Anyone want to place bets on who is taking over the section of the class that I have registered for?

No big deal though, right? It's still early. There is another Comp 2 class with the other guy. I can still change this. Except....... one of my other classes overlaps the other Comp. 2 class.

Ok. Maybe I can just hold off on Comp 2 for another semester. No biggie. Except....... (are we seeing a pattern here?) Dropping Comp 2 puts me down to 10 hours. I have to have 12 to be full time and qualify for my full financial aid.

After spending HOURS pouring through the catalog trying to find something else to fit in that window of time I realize that either I am going to have to:
a. take an online class and have a 2 hour window between classes every Tuesday and Thursday where I am stuck at school with no classes or
b. completely reconfigure my schedule.

So while I *SHOULD* be doing homework and preparing for finals, I am *INSTEAD* pouring over the college catalog and trying to consider the different possible scenarios, and hoping that the class I do settle on is available. I can't tell that for sure because *of course* the scheduling site is down for mainenance tonight.
:ba dpc:

So while I did everything the right way and this was all take care of WEEKS ago, now I get to do it all over again.

I really need a smiley dude who is wearing a straight jacket!

If you made it this far, you really deserve a cookie, an award, or more appropriately a check for your time and suffering for making it through all this. Ranting did help a little though. I think. Hopefully I get this all sorted out in the morning so that I can get back to the insanity that is preparing for finals while working two jobs!

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my new siggy!

Click on my blinkies to tour some of my favorite boards!
December 8th, 2010, 05:59 PM
OurSweetLabs's Avatar I LOVE My Boys!!
OH Gosh

On the upside if you get stuck at school you could work on homework right?

December 8th, 2010, 09:07 PM
MountainMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MountainMomma
So I ended up taking the Comp 2 class online. That does leave me with a big gap between classes, but I will just use that time to work on homework and my online classes.

In the end it wasn't nearly as stressful as it seemed yesterday, but I was hormonal, so yeah, I melted down. lol That was the first meltdown of the semester (and hopefully the last) and since finals are next week, I think I did pretty good.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my new siggy!

Click on my blinkies to tour some of my favorite boards!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search