Thinking about trying right after having #2 for #3..

Forum: Secondary Fertility Issues

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Secondary Fertility Issues LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 9th, 2011, 02:18 PM
JadeS's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to JadeS Send a message via Yahoo to JadeS
I was talking with my neighbor today (who is due in April) was saying that she might try like as soon after her 3rd is born for #4.. (this is b/c she is in her mid 30's and rather not wait another 3-4 years to have another baby since she will be closer to 40 if she did that.. ) any ways.. I used to think that i only wanted just 1 more baby.. but I think since it took so long (and still working at it..) for #2 I might just wait until the baby is like 3 or 4 months old.. and maybe try for #3.. or might wait until when the baby is almost a year old.. what do you girls think.. any one with kids close together like less then 2 years apart? (in other words 2 in diapers)
February 9th, 2011, 04:34 PM
n/m

Last edited by omgTTC3; February 10th, 2011 at 07:45 PM.
February 9th, 2011, 04:40 PM
OurSweetLabs's Avatar I LOVE My Boys!!
I have thought about not preventing after we are able to have a baby.

February 9th, 2011, 04:56 PM
MountainMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MountainMomma

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my new siggy!

Click on my blinkies to tour some of my favorite boards!
February 9th, 2011, 07:14 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
checkin in on you girls and wanted to throw in my experience

my first four were all born within 29 months, last three are adopted, then we ntnp since Feb 09 and now I'm 14 wks pg--I have both primary and secondary infertility, unexplained.

This baby is due in August, and my oldest will be 5 in October. Honestly, I'm busy, but its not too bad. I was busy with one child, and am busy with four, and I'll be just as busy with five. I'll be 38 when this baby is born and we'll just TTA for the next four years, but I'm much older than some of you I know, so I'm running out of time anyhow.

If you're ntnp, obviously it can go either way, I went from a failed IVF cycle in Feb 09 to being 14 weeks pg 24 months later, completely unassisted-be ready for a surprise
February 10th, 2011, 06:54 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We NTNP after my son was born b/c it took us 6 months to conceive him and we wanted our kids close together anyway (obviously THAT didn't work out for us). But I never got AF the entire time I was BFing and finally weaned my son at 10 months (before I was really ready to, but we were really ready to have another baby) so we could start TTC again. Well I'm certainly glad we started trying back then and that we never prevented b/c we'd feel pretty dumb if we had wasted time preventing when obviously getting pregnant is a miracle for us anyway. When (IF?) I get pregnant and stay pregnant and give birth to #2, I will probably nurse for a max of 6 months and then we will start hardcore TTC again.

IF I would miraculously end up with #2 and #3 REALLY close together, nothing would make me happier We really wanted Mason to have a sibling by the time he was 15-18 months, 2 years at the most. We are now looking at a minimum of a 3 year age gap , so nothing would thrill me more than to have a closer age gap next time.

My Ovulation Chart

Last edited by wishfulgal; February 10th, 2011 at 06:56 AM.
February 10th, 2011, 05:35 PM
OurSweetLabs's Avatar I LOVE My Boys!!
Marie ,

PLEASE come see us more often.....

February 12th, 2011, 02:19 PM
blessdmommy's Avatar Happy mama to 3!
Send a message via AIM to blessdmommy
I hope that it's ok I post a reply, I popped over from Donna's siggy!

I have 2 in diapers (born 21 months apart). It was challenging at first but once you hit that groove it gets so much easier. If that's what you want to do, go for it! Like, Marie said...if you have fertility issues, I'd be ready for a surprise. Anything can happen!! Have fun!

Mama to 3, expecting #4 in December!

February 13th, 2011, 05:54 PM
JadeS's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to JadeS Send a message via Yahoo to JadeS
Well.. I know you can TTC while breast feeding.. I have had a few friends that have.. Anyways.. I think I will see how things go wih this next pregnancy and go from there.. I really would love to have 2 closer together.. I might just go for NTNP after #2 is born..I used to say that i wouldn't want 2 in diapers.. but I really will not care.. I am doing cloth diapers this next time.. so I will not have to buy 2 different sizes.. I think it would be harder to get used to.. but I think it will work out for the best..I+ have also seen girls that have had trouble getting pregnant and get pregnant right away on the next time.. i have a friend that had been ttc#1 for like 2 years.. and now has 2 girls.. one is 1 1/2 and the other is like 2 months old.. so anything is possible..
February 14th, 2011, 04:33 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by OurSweetLabs View Post
Marie ,

PLEASE come see us more often.....

I lurk, but I feel a bit awkward jumping in too much, I know how hard it is to see those grad tickers, and secondary infert really hurts. I promise I'll play more
February 15th, 2011, 09:08 PM
MountainMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MountainMomma
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieJ View Post
I lurk, but I feel a bit awkward jumping in too much, I know how hard it is to see those grad tickers, and secondary infert really hurts. I promise I'll play more

It does hurt sometimes, but more often than not...... it gives me hope. You definitely need to come around more often!

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my new siggy!

Click on my blinkies to tour some of my favorite boards!
February 16th, 2011, 07:14 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Just popping out of lurking to comment on this. My third was a Clomid baby and we became pregnant with our fourth a short time after she was born while NTNP. I'm currently BF'ing our fourth so TTC can't happen (BF'ing is completely preventing my cycles and I won't do meds while BF'ing), but we're still NTNP and will TTC our fifth right away when my cycles resume. My two youngest are only 11 months apart and I wouldn't change it for the world. It can be hard at times, but no harder than it was with the usual 3 year gap.

March 1st, 2011, 09:25 PM
nikki52687's Avatar Super Mommy
I know this was posted a while ago, but i figured I would reply because I have already decided that I am not going to prevent after #2...if #2 ever comes that is!!! I have been pregnant 3 times, 1 m/c, 1 DD and 1 ectopic. First pregnancy happened after 3 months of NTNP, second pregnancy happened 5 months of hardcore TTC later. Then 9 months later on BC I got pg again. So I know I never had trouble conceiving before, but here we are at about 11 months and nothing, SO frustrating!!!!!!
Our TTC journey: I went off the pill April 10, 2010. I have had irregular cycles ever since. We have tried everything from soy isoflavones, fertili tea, fertil aid for both, sperm count and motility boost for DH, femera, relaxing, giving up...no luck. SA 06/2011-5mil, 05/2012-no live sperm, 07/2012-17mil!! HSG 7/25/12, all clear. Next cycle, Femara 3-7, scan cd 11, 5 follies 17, 12, 12, 11, 10, trigger cd 12, IUI (8/30/12) cd14: BFN, AF showed 9/13/12 -On to cycle 2 with medication and IUI. 9/28 quit groqing, cycle cancelled. 2/6/13 follistim cd 3-12, follies 19, 18, 17, 12, count 1.7 mil, BFN. Skipping this cycle.

http://nikki52687.blogspot.com/ Donate to our IVF fund here: http://www.gofundme.com/210zuw

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search