update: pregnant naturally with low morphology.

Forum: Secondary Fertility Issues

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Secondary Fertility Issues LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 6th, 2011, 09:10 AM
Veteran
Hey ladies,

I wanted to give you my story because I looked for stories similar when my DH and I were experiencing morphology issues (2% morphology to be exact) and I recently found out that I was also ovulating WAY to early (day 10 on average) and my acupuncturist was planning on pushing my ovulation back a few days to that the egg could mature enough to be successful.

We tried to conceive for about 2 years with no success. I took the summer 'off' from actively trying but was planning on going to acupuncture in September and the acupuncturist asked me to start temping. I was in my second cycle of temping and honestly was just recording my temps on fertilityfriend without really knowing much about what the temps mean. I was educated enough to know that if my temps stayed up, it could be a hopeful sign. I noticed that my temps spiked and stayed up so I tested positive with an IC at 11DPO and am now close to 7 weeks pregnant. So for those of you ladies who are struggling with the same issue that we were, there IS hope!

A quick run down:

Things I changed about my lifestyle that may have contributed to the BFP:
*I started taking an omega 3 fatty acid blend every day (1000mg)
*I stopped drinking caffeine (it was really tough to kick coffee but I felt so much better and even keel once the withdrawal let up a few days after). DH gave up caffeine too.
*DH and I REALLY cut back on booze. maybe 1-2 beers/glasses of wine a week

my symptoms:

*my first clue that I was preggo was when I fell asleep at the table at a moroccan restaurant (you sit on the floor on pillows) while the belly dancer was performing (lol!). We were with friends and I was so embarrassed! (10dpo)
*11DPO BFP
*We went on vacation the day after my BFP and I HAD to nap for two hours every afternoon (and I NEVER nap) and I HAD to eat when I was hungry or I would get nauseas and very moody. No food aversions but VERY sensitive nose already, esp to cigarette smoke.
*morning sickness hit pretty hard right at the 6 week mark (the day we were traveling home, yay!)
*now I have serious food aversions and experience nausea on and off all day. It's pretty bad but I'm just so thrilled to have this baby in my belly I know it's 100% worth it.

I really hope this gives you ladies encouragement to keep the faith and keep trying. Wishing you all the very best and success.
August 6th, 2011, 09:45 AM
Veteran
I meant to post this in the male fertility issue forum and can't figure out how to move it or delete it...
August 19th, 2011, 10:11 AM
kayakr's Avatar Persuaded by POAS’ers
wow - what a great story. I am so glad I came across it.

My hubby has only 2% normal morphology. Do you remember what you hubby's % was? This gives me hope.
Thank you
Cycle 7 SA results abnormal morphology 2%, 50 mg clomid = BFN
Cycle 8 sonogram normal 50 mg clomid + trigger = BFN
Cycle 9 SA results abnormal morphology and motility. Count 200 mill, 100mg clomid + trigger = BFN
Cycle 10 natural = BFN
Cycle 11 hsg tubes clear, natural + trigger+IUI = BFN
Cycle 12 repronex + trigger + 2 IUI = BFN
Cycle 13 natural ovaries to stimulated for more meds = BFN
Cycle 14-22 natural cycle with Acupuncture and planning ivf/icsi/DE = ALL BFN
Cycle 23 Clomid 50 mg & Progesterone = BFN
Cycle 24 Natural = BFN
Cycle 25 BCP, SA result 7% morphology = BFN
Cycle 26 BCP and Lupron preparing for IVF
Cycle 27 IVF Acupuncture, DE Retrieval April 7, Transfer April 12 =
7 eggs retrieved, 3 fertilized, 2 transferred - zero snow babies
BETA # 1 16DPO or 11dp5dt = 569