Well I guess I belong here

Forum: Secondary Fertility Issues

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Secondary Fertility Issues LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 7th, 2011, 12:43 PM
Hi everyone! My name is Vicky. I have a beautiful little boy who will be 4 in December. My husband is active duty military. We did not have any problems with getting pregnant with our little boy.

We tried to get pregnant 2 months in 2010 right before he deployed and we have been trying all this year as well since he got home from deployment. However, he is about to deploy again.

I have had very irregular periods this year. Mostly 6 week cycles, two 4 week cycles, one 3 week cycle and I actually just finished an 88 day cycle. I finally went to my primary doc about a month ago and go a referral for my GYN. I went to the GYN last Monday and they sent me for blood work which I got the results for today.

Thyroid 2
Glucose 79
Normal WBC and RBC counts (She didn't tell me the actual values)

So all that was normal and then she got to the FSH and LH
FSH 4.4
LH 18

Before she gave me the values she told me that my ovaries were "confused"

I then asked her "So does this mean I have something funky going on like PCOS?"

Her response was "Most likely."

They gave me a script for Provera to take November 1 for 5 days and then Clomid to take CD 1-5. Have sex days 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, and 18 and then go in on CD 21 to check Progesterone levels to see if I ovulated.

Unfortunately this means that I will have my period right when hubby comes home from the training that he is at, but otherwise looks like November will be a good month for us to try since he'll be home for that 10 day period of BD every other day.

I'm just confused and frustrated and upset. I am trying to do some research on PCOS but don't even know where to look.

Oh a little about me... I am about 5foot 6, 162 lbs. I've been struggling with my weight this year. I was right around 150lbs when hubby came home in January. I'm trying to eat healthier but that is so hard when hubby is home because he is very much a meat and potatoes kind of guy. I've been doing decent while he has been gone the last 10days. I've actually lost about 4lbs! Ear more fruits and veggies. Trying to eat less processed stuff but I love my white bread and pasta over wheat.
October 10th, 2011, 04:33 PM
LilSunshine's Avatar ♥ Super Moderator ♥
Welcome to the board! Good for you for trying to lose weight! 4 lbs is a GREAT start!!

I'm Lisa and my DH and I have a son who will be 4 in February. Like you, he was easy to conceive. We've been trying now for a little over 2 years with unexplained infertility.

September 2009 @ 6 weeks May 2011 @ 11 weeks
October 11th, 2011, 12:59 AM
captbabs's Avatar Arrgghh we be knocked up!
Hello and welcome. This board is pretty slow just so ya know. We've been TTC for 15 months now. My 5 year old Abby came along during a few months of on and off again BC.
11/11/11 after 16 months TTC!
#2 to arrive 7/21/2012

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search