TTC, boost fertility with lactational amenorhea

Forum: Secondary Fertility Issues

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Secondary Fertility Issues LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 6th, 2012, 12:30 PM
My son is 23 months old and he shows no signs of slowing down on breastfeeding. I've been trying the not refuse, but not offer method and occasionally telling him that "milkies" are sleeping and distracting hom to another activity. That has gotten us down to about 4 feeds per day. I would like to start TTC baby #2, but still have not gotten a cycle.
Any suggestions on things to try to promote a return to fertility without fully weaning baby #1 from breastfeeding?
February 15th, 2012, 12:37 PM
Hi Sherrie,

I'm new here too with similar issues! Is there a TTC while breastfeeding area on this board? I saw one but after signing in I can't find it. Plus the post were a few years old, perhaps those ladies are busy chasing after their new little ones. :-)

Same boat with you - My son is 16 months and still no cycle yet. We cosleep and he nurses, or comfort suckles about 3-4 times a night. I can reroute him some days with other fun activities, however on those nights he makes up for it by nursing every two hours.

So wierd that some of my mommy friends nurse just as often and have had a cycle return already. I dont want to wean him completely, as if that was even possible right now. I adore nursing, and hope to get pregnant while still cuddling and nursing the little one.

I started taking Nature's Way Vitex 3x a day. I read on Kellymom that it could be helpful for those still nursing that wish to get pregnant.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search