New to this Board with New Choice OPK Issue...

Forum: Secondary Fertility Issues

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Secondary Fertility Issues LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 21st, 2012, 07:49 AM
I bought the $store OPKs. Since we know my issues and really don't expect to get pg, we are just trying to get a handle and an idea of what is going on with my cycle, we thought we would just use these. Well, I am thoroughly confused. I took one yesterday, thought it was neg since there was a light test line. Read the box though and it said as long there is a line - ANY LINE - its positive. Then I had another box, and it said the test line has to be the same darkness as the control line! UGH!!! So confused!! Any experience with these???
February 21st, 2012, 09:22 AM
BabyX's Avatar TTC #2
In my experience all OPK test lines should be as dark as or darker than the control line. I have used a couple of the $ Store OPKs. The ones that I used said that the line needed to be as darker or darker. Does this help?

Thank you JMC1988 for my awesome signature!
February 27th, 2012, 04:13 PM
Marksgirl0502's Avatar Veteran
Hmm. Are you sure you didn't accidently take one of the New Choice pregnancy tests by mistake that first time? The boxes look a lot alike! If it said ANY line is a positive, I agree that doesn't sound like a OPK. Could you have had a positive HPT???

February 28th, 2012, 12:54 PM
Actually, the boxes were different. Only bought opks, but 2 with sooner exp dates said ANY line was a BFP. The rest said the control and test line had to be the same or the test line had to be darker. Got a BFP last Thurs (2/23) and AF showed today.

Really glad AF showed, because have not had since Nov 2 so its about time! Using the opks was really just an experiment and to get an idea where my cycle was. Although a failed experiment, nice to see the two lines!!!

Now we have the chance to start fresh, which we have decided to do. I need a break - mentally and physically (will give my story another time, but will give my story) so next cycle we'll start with RE #3 completely from scratch. We are happy about that.
January 7th, 2013, 02:28 PM
BostonmamaSue12's Avatar Veteran
Ive tried those dollar store OPKs and yes some of them say that any line is a positive. I have heard people calling customer service to check and they say it is correct. So, I guess it does depend on the brand. Good luck!

Expecting #3 on September 30th! ITS A BOY!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search