I'm new* hypothalamic amanoreah

Forum: Secondary Fertility Issues

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Secondary Fertility Issues LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 21st, 2013, 12:25 AM
Hi everyone, I'm new to jm and I wanted to share my story.

I have one beautiful daughter she is 3 and was conceived within 3 months of stopping bc pills back in 2009. I didn't know then how Lucy we were that getting pregnant was so easy. I say "was" bc this time that's not the case.
About a year ago I lost my period.. I was on bc at the time and had missed a couple of pills. I thought I had thrown my cycle out of the loop and wasn't overly concerned. In April I stopped taking bc hoping for a second child. My period never came back. Long story short(er) I went to my on who did blood and put me on estrogen and progesterone hrt. She was a terrible on didn't say anything to me with regard to what may be causing it and what I could do. I took the pills and nothing happened for 3 months. After 3 months I got a period but only on the hrt. I called my ob excited that I had gotten my period finally (even though it was only a withdrawal bleed) and wanted to start clomid. She didn't return my call for 3 months. I finally called back.. Again asking for clomid and I got a call from the nurse who told me there was noting more the dr. Will do for me and I am to "try on my own" I was devistated obviously "on my own" wasn't working that is why I was seeing the dr.
Anyways I finally started going to a fertility clinic... The ob ordered much of the same tests and lots more... I did a sono ultrasounds and lots of blood work on specific days ... I was told my hormone levels were in the normal and always had been that I need to stop hrt.

I should add that when I lost my period I was working out hard daily sometimes 2 times per day. I was 5'2 114lbs and bmi 19. I was restricting my diet Iwas consuming no starchy carbs and as little fat as possible... No cheese or meat (low fat tofu).

I began eating meat and just more of everything... I was told by the nasty ob that this has nothing to do with why my period stopped and said "we'll models have babies"

I got my bmi to 23 ... And stopped doing intense cardio based workouts and stuck to yoga and Pilates ...it has been so hard not to run or dance and feeling "fat"

After my fertility ob ran all the tests and ruled everything else out he said to take clomid day 3-7 and I would come in for monitoring he said if I didn't have a good body fat to muscle ratio that none of the fertility stuff would work including clomid and injectables...

So ... Here I am my first cycle of clomid... I have gone in every day for blood tests to check my hormone levels and transvaginal ultrasound to check my folicles...I had 2 mature folicles and ovulated on my own (I mean no trigger shot required) ... Now I wait

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search