First time clomid

Forum: Secondary Fertility Issues

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Secondary Fertility Issues LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 17th, 2014, 08:21 AM
Hello ladies. I'm 29 yrs old with 2 beautiful boys conceive naturally. DH and I are trying for our 3rd and final child. We have been TTC for over a year and half and no luck. We finally went to see a doctor and found out I'm not ovulating. Its so depressing to I know that I wasted all these years trying and nothing was ever going to happen. I kind of kick myself in the b*** because I should have known better and I should have went to the doctor. My question is ladies is there anyone out there that had a good run on Clomid. I go see my doctor on the 20th to get started on some medication. I don't know if I'm going to get put on Clomid but I've read a lot online that this is the medication they normally put people who do not ovulate on. I do not have PCOS as far as I know.

What should I expect with this medication and what are the chances of twins? I don't really mind if I get pregnant with twins and my DH is just as excited as I am. I'm hoping that we get pregnant on the first cyclecycle. Fingers crossed.
January 22nd, 2014, 10:01 PM
jshizz's Avatar PMA all day!
I am on Clomid as well for my first IUI cycle. I can tell you that I was bloated, very moody, and had insomnia some nights (Until I started taking melatonin supplement).

Clomid and Twins: What are your chances of having twins if you take Clomid?

Secondary Unexplained Infertility

August 2000 (natural)
Nathan Albert 3/19/02 (from ex-husband)
October 2006 (D&C)
NTNP since November 2010 (off BCP due to migraines)
TTC since 12/3/11 (our wedding day) Started fertility testing summer 2012 (HSG, SA, blood panels, SIS: all normal)
TTCMA January 2014
IUI #1 - 1/20/14 - w/ 50 mg clomid
New RE!
IUI #2 - 3/23/14 - w/ 75 iU Gonal-f
IUI #3 - 5/16/14 - w/ 150 iU Gonal-f

Final IUI TBD

January 22nd, 2014, 11:54 PM
Mother of twins here from a 2nd cycle of chlomid. I do have PCOS. Agree with jshizz, all my sysmptoms were the same and the melatonin help ALOT! Good luck!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search