Frustrated

Forum: Secondary Fertility Issues

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Secondary Fertility Issues LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 16th, 2014, 10:05 AM
Sunshine0918's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi ladies. My name is Somer and I am TTC my second child. We got pregnant with my son in 2011 after 7 months. I'm pretty sure AF will be here in a few days therefore staring cycle 10 for baby 2. I getting so frustrated. Like I saw another poster say, my OB was all, "you got pregnant on your own three years ago. Just give it time." I'm charting so I know I ovulate and I know we are timing things right but for some reason it still isn't happening. I am so thankful for my son but really want to give him a sibling. Ugh. This is so hard and frustrating. Thanks for letting me vent.

April 2014

My chart: My Ovulation Chart
March 1st, 2014, 11:32 AM
Veteran
Hi Somer,

I went through the same thing when trying to conceive my 2nd child. Our first was a surprise so obviously came easily. When we tried for our 2nd, we did everything, charting, OPK testing, fertility drugs, the whole works. What finally worked was our 2nd round of IVF with ICSI. Our first round of IVF failed because no eggs fertilized on their own with my husband's sperm. It was devestating especially because we had gotten pregnant easily before so having fertilization issues was never thought it be a problem. In fact, before our first child, we got pregnant 2 times before that which miscarried early on. Anyway, our 2nd child is now 2 and I am 3 months pregnant with a surprise baby! So, as much work as we went through to have our 2nd, our 3rd came effortlessly again. Doctors can't explain what happened, but there is hope for you that it can happen on its own, if not with the 2nd child, maybe with the next. I know how frustrating this can be and there aren't a lot of resources out there for secondary infertility. Good luck to you!
March 11th, 2014, 07:49 PM
Thank you so much! AF should be here Saturday this starting our 11th month/cycle. I weaned my son from nursing during this time so here's to hoping that caused the delay and I will have my BFP before cycle 12 ends.

April 2014

March 14th, 2014, 07:53 PM
Veteran
Hi Again, My miracle IVF daughter's name is Summer, like you, different spelling! Yea, I also got very frustrated when people would say stupid things like, "it happened before on its own, you just need to relax!" That has nothing to do with it. My obgyn told me when I was going through this that if we have been charting and timing intercourse right for 6 months and still not pregnant, that indicates a problem, so this is when she recommended us for fertility help. I wouldn't continue trying on your own forever and making yourself crazy. Maybe the nursing has made a difference, I know that throws off your hormones somewhat. After maybe 6 months of no nursing, if you still aren't pregnant, you could try some fertility testing. IVF rates are very good, especially with the new technology in the last few years, if you do end up needing to go this route. IVF is able to get almost everyone pregnant, which is reassuring. It wasn't that taxing on me and it was actually a relief to know that I was actually doing something that could make a difference rather than banging my head against the wall every month trying to figure out what we were doing wrong. Although our fertility testing came back normal, clearly something was going wrong or I would have gotten pregnant on my own. Somehow after the birth of my daughter, this "fixed" me and allowed me to be fertile again. Hormones work in funny ways. Have you had your thyroid levels checked? After my IVF, it was found that I had an under active thyroid. I wonder if now that I'm on Synthroid and my thyroid levels are under control, if that helped me to get pregnant on my own too. Just a thought. I didn't have any symptoms even though my levels were low.
April 6th, 2014, 07:50 PM
This will be our 12th month. The last two months my cycles have been short and my LP has shortened so I have an appointment with my OB on Tuesday. I'm hoping that he will check my hormones and figure out what is going on. Hopefully it will be an easy fix.

April 2014

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search