Chit Chat thread for 2009

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Hangout LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 10th, 2009, 08:59 AM
MidgeMadge's Avatar Queen Turd. Bow down.
Hi! Just noticed this for the first time today.. so peeking in

March 10th, 2009, 10:41 AM
MamaBx3
Hey girls!!
March 10th, 2009, 03:07 PM
Coach's Avatar Super Mommy
Thanks ya'll.

I've thought about being a nanny. I looked into it when I was trying to move to NYC. But a lot of people want someone with a lot of experience and certified in first aid and all that. I could get certified though. But I don't have much experience.

But I'm trying to get to NYC for college! I want to study film/cultural studies/physcology. I'm currently in training to become a sexual assult adovcate at my local rape crisis center. So I want to do that when I move to NYC and look into becoming a therapist/counslor.

"I KNEW I BELONGED TO THE PUBLIC AND TO THE WORLD, NOT BECAUSE I WAS TALENTED OR EVEN BEAUTIFUL, BUT BECAUSE I HAD NEVER BELONGED TO ANYTHING OR ANYONE ELSE"---MARILYN MONROE
March 10th, 2009, 04:19 PM
enchantingdragon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh NYC is only about an hour away from me. Where are you in Maryland? I have family and friends in that state.

I would suggest going with an agency if you want to be a nanny. They can get you some of the certifications and it never hurts to have another set of eyes looking for work for you. I found 1 of my families through a referral through an agency. I can recommend sites as well to find work as I used them to find my other 2 families.
March 10th, 2009, 04:41 PM
I looked into some parts of Jersey to live in. But it's just as expensive to live in NJ as it is in NYC.

I live on the Eastern Shore. Bout an hour from Ocean City and 1-3 from Annapolis/Baltimore/DC. If you've been to OC more then likely you've driven right through my town.

I did try some online nanny site. Where you fill out this long profile and they try to match you with families. Since I'm hoping to go to college in the fall I probably won't try to be a nanny. But if I don't go to college and just move up there I'll probably be really interested again.

What sites did you use?

"I KNEW I BELONGED TO THE PUBLIC AND TO THE WORLD, NOT BECAUSE I WAS TALENTED OR EVEN BEAUTIFUL, BUT BECAUSE I HAD NEVER BELONGED TO ANYTHING OR ANYONE ELSE"---MARILYN MONROE
March 10th, 2009, 04:47 PM
I_Run_with_Scissors
Hi Erika!!!!
March 10th, 2009, 08:20 PM
Yeah northern Jersey close to the city is quite expensive. I have a lot of friends who work in the city and rent up near it and its pricey.

My family lives in Montgomery County but I have a friend or two in Baltimore as well.

I used nannies4hire.com, sittercity.com, nad care.com. Craigslist is another option.
March 11th, 2009, 07:31 AM
::er!ca::'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What is everyone up to today?

I need to run to the grocery store and get milk, a jug of water, and produce. I might go to my SIL's house so the kids can play. She has two little girls, one a year older and one a year younger than Brinlee... so it's nice that they're close in age
March 11th, 2009, 08:03 AM
Cleaning.. and relaxing No plans today- dh is working a nasty 6-6 today.. so Alexis and I are just staying in (it's raining) and playing lots!

March 11th, 2009, 09:03 AM
I have work at 2:30...got the morning off yay!
March 11th, 2009, 09:37 AM
MamaBx3
Not much of anything. It's been pouring here all morning. ugh
March 11th, 2009, 11:14 AM
Thanks enchantingdragon!!

Well today I have an interview. I left for NYC in January but had to return home and my bank said they weren't replacing my position. So I put in applications at every bank in town. After a few weeks of not hearing from any of them. I want to Ruby Tuesdays where I worked for 5 years before my old bank job. Well as soon as I came home one of the banks I was hoping to hear from called me and I have an interview with them on Monday. But in a couple hours I gotta go to the second interview at Rubys and be like 'well I have another interview, blah blah'

So I'm a little nervous because I don't want to turn down the job at Ruby's but I don't want to take it either because I'm sure I'll get the bank job. But there is always a chance I won't so I don't want to burn my bridges. Urgh!

Whew sorry for the mini rant! Lol.

March 12th, 2009, 03:55 AM
I_Run_with_Scissors
How did your interview go Kimberly?
March 12th, 2009, 05:36 AM
Yeah, I was wondering the same!!!!!

March 12th, 2009, 07:26 AM
Yes I was wondering too.
March 12th, 2009, 08:31 AM
I_Run_with_Scissors
Erika i like your new siggy Lexi is too cute!!
March 12th, 2009, 09:08 AM
Thanks I love it, too... so spring-like! Makes me want the stinkin snow on the ground goooooone.

March 12th, 2009, 09:10 AM
I_Run_with_Scissors
LOL i hear that all our snow started melting then yesterday and today it had to go and snow again!! How poopy!!!
March 12th, 2009, 11:00 AM
Thanks ya'll! I have my bank interview on Monday morning. I'm feeling pretty confident that I'll get it though. I went to two interviews to work at a Ruby Tuesdays. But we are waiting till after my bank interview to see if I'll work there full time or part time. I can't wait to have money again!! I already have a list of things I want to get. Lol.

I'm so glad our snow is all gone! Yesterday it was in the 80's and tonight we are supposed to get snow. I was like ***? Lol. I'm soooo ready for summer!

March 13th, 2009, 06:15 AM
Good luck on Monday FTR, I loooove Ruby Tuesday's, lol

Our weather here is like that, also.. snow one day, 50's the next.. I can't wait for spring.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search