Chit Chat thread for 2009

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Hangout LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 13th, 2009, 07:27 AM
I_Run_with_Scissors
ive never been to a Ruby Tuesdays i dont think we have those up here.... boo on that
March 13th, 2009, 09:25 AM
Coach's Avatar Super Mommy
Thanks! I looove Rubys too. I'm surprised I still love it considering I worked there for 5 years. I never got sick of the food. We learned to mix it up. Like instead of eating the Queso dip with the totilla chips we'd get french fries instead. OMG that is soooo good! Lol.

Ok so I was freezing all last night and when I woke up I realized that the yesterday morning I forgot to close my window all the way shut. This stupid weather is driving me nuts. 40's one day 80's the next.

"I KNEW I BELONGED TO THE PUBLIC AND TO THE WORLD, NOT BECAUSE I WAS TALENTED OR EVEN BEAUTIFUL, BUT BECAUSE I HAD NEVER BELONGED TO ANYTHING OR ANYONE ELSE"---MARILYN MONROE
March 13th, 2009, 03:06 PM
MidgeMadge's Avatar Queen Turd. Bow down.
Mmmm their fries are the best fries! They got something on them- what's on them? they're like garlic-peppery. Mmm! Bree.. come see me and I'll take you!!!!!!!

March 13th, 2009, 03:09 PM
I_Run_with_Scissors
Erika dont worry i will make it to your house (or at least to buffalo) one of these days!! When its warm i dont drive in the winter!!
March 13th, 2009, 05:17 PM
Coach's Avatar Super Mommy
Oh yes Bree you should come, Rubys is yummy.

I ended up having brocolli and chesse soup. Chicken tenders with chesse fries and a loaded baked potato. And me and my friend spilt a chocolate desert. I'm bout ready to pop. Lol.

"I KNEW I BELONGED TO THE PUBLIC AND TO THE WORLD, NOT BECAUSE I WAS TALENTED OR EVEN BEAUTIFUL, BUT BECAUSE I HAD NEVER BELONGED TO ANYTHING OR ANYONE ELSE"---MARILYN MONROE
March 13th, 2009, 06:01 PM
Bree, I believe we're going to the falls in the summer! I won't be able to cross the border like we normally do.. I think in June is when we need passports to cross there?? DH has one.. but mine is still in my maiden name, I never changed it.. sigh. And Lexi doesn't have one yet. So, we'd stay on the American side.. and around Buffalo.

Kimberly, you're SO making me hungry!!!! We have a Ruby Tuesday's just 5 minutes from us.. I wanna go now!

March 13th, 2009, 06:37 PM
I_Run_with_Scissors
you will have to let me know when your planning to go down there... im not sure about the passport issue, i know you need them to fly but im not sure about crossing by land, i have one anyways so i guess thats why i dont pay attention to that stuff LOL
March 13th, 2009, 07:03 PM
I will!!
Yeah, it's going to be a new law.. Americans need a passport to cross into Canada by foot/car. We've ALWAYS just used our license/birth certificate... but that's changing this summer. We need passports, anyway, for when we visit the Inlaws in Holland.. but we can't afford them for the both of us before the summer, so we'll have to stay on this side. We're SO meeting, though

*goes to bed* hope everyone has a great weekend!

March 13th, 2009, 07:52 PM
enchantingdragon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Mmm Ruby Tuesday's...I have one around the block. I go once a month as thats where my book club meets. I love the ice teas with fruit in them and the sliders.
March 13th, 2009, 08:32 PM
Miracle's Avatar ♥ Melissa ♥
Hi Ladies! Mmmmmm... french fries sound SO good right now!

March 14th, 2009, 04:46 AM
I_Run_with_Scissors
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaToAlexis View Post
I will!!
Yeah, it's going to be a new law.. Americans need a passport to cross into Canada by foot/car. We've ALWAYS just used our license/birth certificate... but that's changing this summer. We need passports, anyway, for when we visit the Inlaws in Holland.. but we can't afford them for the both of us before the summer, so we'll have to stay on this side. We're SO meeting, though

*goes to bed* hope everyone has a great weekend!
You have to pay for passports? thats weird LOL we dont but we are most definitely meeting!

french fries do sound good i still want pizza ive been wanting it for days LOL
March 14th, 2009, 05:40 AM
You don't have to pay for passports? Wow! Yeah, we pay here.. they've gone up so much since I got my first one! It's $100 now, Alexis' would be $85. Chris has one, but it's expiring at the end of the year... and we have to renew HIS in NYC (at the consulate) because he's not a citizen.. so we have to drive 3 hours just to do his. Passports are a pain in my butt.

But, I'll take some fries now..

March 14th, 2009, 05:41 AM
You don't have to pay for passports? Wow! Yeah, we pay here.. they've gone up so much since I got my first one! It's $100 now, Alexis' would be $85. Chris has one, but it's expiring at the end of the year... and we have to renew HIS in NYC (at the consulate) because he's not a citizen.. so we have to drive 3 hours just to do his. Passports are a pain in my butt.

But, I'll take some fries now..

March 14th, 2009, 05:55 AM
I_Run_with_Scissors
I dont think we do, i should check now i dont remember paying anything for mine
March 14th, 2009, 07:50 AM
Happy Saturday everyone! Any fun plans?

Side question too...where else do you guys look at baby names? I use the Baby Naming Wizard, Name Berry, and lurk on Baby Names as I dont have a subscription (use to).
March 14th, 2009, 09:13 AM
I_Run_with_Scissors
thinkbabynames
Behindthename
babynamesworld
Nymbler
SSA.gov

thats where i usually look up names

no real plans here im boring LOL
March 14th, 2009, 09:16 AM
::er!ca::'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have to go to the grocery store today, and drag the kiddos along with me. I enjoy going by myself much more, but DH has to work all weekend And we need to eat So I can't put it off any longer.

Anyone read the Multiple Blessings book by Kate Gosselin? (Jon & Kate +8)
March 14th, 2009, 09:23 AM
I_Run_with_Scissors
No i have not read that but i cannot stand her so i dont think i will be picking that up anytime soon... lol
March 14th, 2009, 09:26 AM
I use to love Jon and Kate but I really think now its more of a money making thing rather then a show showing how parents are trying to raise their multiples. I think Jon and Kate have both changed and I dont really care for it anymore. I still watch the old episodes when they are on but not the new ones.
March 14th, 2009, 10:07 AM
Babynamer.com and SSA.gov for me

No plans here, I don't think. DH works all weekend, too (had yesterday off, and has Monday off).. he does get out soon today, though, because it was an early day (works 4am-1pm) but he's gonna take a nap when he gets home since he only slept 4 hours.

Erica, I'd love to read that book ... I really, really enjoy their show. Have you read it?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search