Chit Chat thread for 2009

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Hangout LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 14th, 2009, 11:55 AM
Coach's Avatar Super Mommy
I so need to get my passport too. I've never had one but I really want to travel. Esp to St Thomas with a friend. You don't need a passport to go there but she says it's easier.

Hmm other name sites I go to: SSA, BtN, BNaBBT, BNW, Nymbler, ParentsConnect. I think thats it.

I don't really have any plans for the weekend. I have no money. Can't wait to get a job. I'll be in my mall for a whole weekend! Lol.

"I KNEW I BELONGED TO THE PUBLIC AND TO THE WORLD, NOT BECAUSE I WAS TALENTED OR EVEN BEAUTIFUL, BUT BECAUSE I HAD NEVER BELONGED TO ANYTHING OR ANYONE ELSE"---MARILYN MONROE
March 15th, 2009, 08:38 AM
enchantingdragon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Completely random but I hit my 1000 post largely thanks to the Baby Names board so I thought it was fitting to make that post here. Looking forward to many more names and hopefully a baby to name soon
March 15th, 2009, 08:42 AM
I_Run_with_Scissors
yay for 1000 posts!!!
March 15th, 2009, 09:54 AM
Yay, 1000 posts! Awesome.

What's everyone up to today? I gotta go to the grocery store-blah. Lol. And it's cloudy and yucky outside.

"I KNEW I BELONGED TO THE PUBLIC AND TO THE WORLD, NOT BECAUSE I WAS TALENTED OR EVEN BEAUTIFUL, BUT BECAUSE I HAD NEVER BELONGED TO ANYTHING OR ANYONE ELSE"---MARILYN MONROE
March 15th, 2009, 09:55 AM
I was lazy yesterday and didn't want to write papers so today I am stuck doing it. Hope to be done soon.

I need to go to Macy's to pick up my ring they repaired and I am hoping to hit the outlets for some shopping. I need a dress for my SIL's shower in August I am hosting. I also want to hit Carter's to see if I can get anything for my baby stash
March 15th, 2009, 09:59 AM
I_Run_with_Scissors
not much for me either, i went to walmart today it was a mad house now i remember why i wont go to the store on the weekends!!

DBF and i are going to go out for dinner tonight im not sure where yet but im pretty excited i dont have to cook!!
March 15th, 2009, 10:05 AM
Ooooh enchantingdragon, I looove Carters! They have the cutest clothes. Good luck with your papers

And Bree I never go to WalMart on the weekends either. Anytime of day really that place is packed. I hope you have a great dinner. I wanna eat out!

Last edited by Coach; March 15th, 2009 at 10:09 AM.
March 15th, 2009, 10:21 AM
I_Run_with_Scissors
I dont think ive ever been to a Carters we must not have those up here, i dont think we have Kohls either LOL

Kimberley, i know the place was nuts!! i felt like i was constantly running into someone or being stepped on by someone else!! i usually go to the store early in the morning, like before 9 or 10 DBF thinks im nuts but its the only time its not packed!!
March 15th, 2009, 10:42 AM
MidgeMadge's Avatar Queen Turd. Bow down.
Yay for 1000th posts!

No plans here, dh is working until 10pm. Alexis and I have been coloring and playing all day!

March 15th, 2009, 01:39 PM
Now that sounds like some lovely quality time with Alexis!

March 15th, 2009, 05:30 PM
Well I got a few things from Carter's so I thought I would share. We are not planning on finding the sex. I am planning a giraffe nursery as I love them and its a neutral theme.

This is what I picked up today

If you flip the yellow onesie over you see this

This is the only other thing I have in my stash. I bought it when I was pregnant 2 years ago after we lost "Peanut" I wanted something to remind me that I had an angel growing inside me.

And this is random but I thought my puppy looked so cute and I had to share

March 15th, 2009, 06:21 PM
Ohhh. What adorable clothes!

I love the giraffe theme for the nursery! Great idea.

Your puppy is adorable! What kind is she?

March 15th, 2009, 06:40 PM
I_Run_with_Scissors
oh i love that little giraffe onesie!! its so hard to find gender neutral clothes!!
March 15th, 2009, 06:57 PM
Thanks for the kind words everyone.

It is really hard to find gender neutral clothes Bree. My plan is to just buy a little clothes before the baby is born and then after its born and we know the gender to buy the bulk of the stuff.

I have 2 puppies and they both are Cavalier King Charles Spaniels. The one in the picture is my boy, Aidan.
March 16th, 2009, 04:31 AM
I_Run_with_Scissors
ya the only thing thats stopping me from starting a baby stach is that i havent found anything i really consider to be gender neutral, i guess i will have to save my baby shopping until im pregnant and know the gender...
March 16th, 2009, 05:57 AM
Aw, a baby stash! That stuff is too cute!

Good morning everyone DH is off work today, so we're going to the grocery store in a moment to do our weekly food shopping... I'm just glad to get out!

March 16th, 2009, 07:32 AM
Enjoy the weather it looks like its going to be nice the enxt few days here in the northeast.

The girls have half days this whole week so Ill be going to work earlier, in about an hour.
March 16th, 2009, 09:14 AM
I'm in the northeast, also... this morning is nice out! Just 44, but it feels like a heat wave!

March 16th, 2009, 09:17 AM
I_Run_with_Scissors
its supposed to get to 10C/57F today!! im excited!!
March 16th, 2009, 09:27 AM
It's nice here. Still cloudy though.

Had my interview this morning. I thought I was going to die. Lol. I've never had a real real interview. I mean they were asking tons of questions and THEY TOOK NOTES! Lol. So they have more interviews to do so at the end of the week, I'll find out if I get a second interview. And that one will also be with the branch manager of the branch I'll be working at and possibly the head teller. Nothing like 4 people staring you down.

Over all I think it went really really well.

Now I'm starving.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search