Chit Chat thread for 2009

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Hangout LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 16th, 2009, 09:28 AM
I_Run_with_Scissors
that would have made me so nervous too! Im glad its all done now, im sure you did awesome, you have to keep us updated!!!
March 16th, 2009, 10:00 AM
Coach's Avatar Super Mommy
Thanks Bree. It was nerve racking as hell. For my interview with the bank I had worked at before everyone already knew me so when I met the boss he was like great this is your salary and you start on this day. Lol. It was in and out. When I applied at another bank job a while ago they just talked about their benefits and what I liked and disliked about the job. Not this interview. They don't even discuss benefits or salary till the second interview. And I may have one more to do! Jeez. Talk about pressure!

"I KNEW I BELONGED TO THE PUBLIC AND TO THE WORLD, NOT BECAUSE I WAS TALENTED OR EVEN BEAUTIFUL, BUT BECAUSE I HAD NEVER BELONGED TO ANYTHING OR ANYONE ELSE"---MARILYN MONROE
March 16th, 2009, 10:25 AM
MidgeMadge's Avatar Queen Turd. Bow down.
I hope it went well!!!! Can't wait to hear!

March 16th, 2009, 06:28 PM
enchantingdragon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope it went well as well.
March 17th, 2009, 04:12 AM
I_Run_with_Scissors
Happy Saint Patrick's day!!!
March 17th, 2009, 08:47 AM
Happy St. Patrick's Day to you, also

March 17th, 2009, 10:15 AM
Happy St. Patricks Day!

I will never forget this: I was really little and at my grandmoms house and her sister was there. I was in the living room watching tv. And my grandmom and aunt called me into the kitchen. And my aunt told me she wanted to show me her underwear because they were green. I musta been embarassed as hell because everyone laughed like crazy. And everyone still talks about it. Lol. Thankfully I think I was too young to really remember it, I just remember what people have told me. Lol.

"I KNEW I BELONGED TO THE PUBLIC AND TO THE WORLD, NOT BECAUSE I WAS TALENTED OR EVEN BEAUTIFUL, BUT BECAUSE I HAD NEVER BELONGED TO ANYTHING OR ANYONE ELSE"---MARILYN MONROE
March 17th, 2009, 02:47 PM
I_Run_with_Scissors
LOL thats really cute!!
March 18th, 2009, 10:32 AM
Hehe, Bree everyone loves to bring that story up. Everyone thought it was hilarious. I musta been horriflied or something. Lol.

Ok mini rant! I'm dying to hear back from my interview. It's like come'on you know I'm the best just call me back. Lol.

Whats everyone else up too?

March 18th, 2009, 03:34 PM
I_Run_with_Scissors
id be so anxious too!!

Not much going on here, im so boring LOL its my friends birthday tomorrow she turns the big 2-0 LOL im not sure if were going to go out since shes in school and has class tomorrow and friday
March 18th, 2009, 04:55 PM
The usual.. spent the day cleaning, cooking and playing with Lexi

I'm watching American Idol right now, I DVR'd it last night and I'm just now getting to it

March 18th, 2009, 05:05 PM
Woo Hoo, Bree the big 20 is a big deal. Lol. I hope ya'll have fun if ya'll go out.

Nothing wrong with the usual, MamaToAlexis. Got a question for ya! Have you potty trained Alexis yet? She's only a few months older then my niece. And my niece wants NO part of it. Lol. Wondering if ya had any tricks?

March 18th, 2009, 07:03 PM
You can call me Erika I usually have that in my signature (my name).. I guess I don't right now!!

And no, she's NOT potty trained We're trying.. of course, we've bee trying for a YEAR. Alexis is very, very stubborn.. and for months and MONTHS (and months and months) she refused to even GET on the potty, let alone DO anything on it.

I have a "tool" to now get her ON.. she isn't using the potty (i.e. peeing or pooping in it ) but that's ok .. it's a step in the right direction to even get her ON and sitting. I figure one time something will click and she'll go. I created a sticker chart for chores (we were battling with her to pick up her toys at the end of the day).. part of her "chores" is sitting on the potty, so whenever she sits down (regardless of whether she does anything) she gets a sticker... and she's gone on every day this week b/c she LOVES stickers.

Sorry, I wasn't much help! I wish I had some of my own!!

March 18th, 2009, 07:13 PM
Erika! I knew I knew your name, but I haven't remembered everybodys here yet.

Oh good, we aren't the only ones! Lol. Valearia is so stubborn as well. She'll tell my mom(my mom does day care so we have her all day!) Mommom I pooped/peed! She'll tells us but she won't get on that potty. And the other day my sister was at the mall with her and she put her on the changing table and Valearia said mommy I don't fit and poor Michelle was like use the potty!! Lol. It was funny. But goodness, these kids these days are just stubborn

March 18th, 2009, 07:24 PM
Hard to remember everyones names, I know!

And no, she's definitely not the only one. There are other kiddos Lexi's age in my 'playroom' that aren't trained, either. They seriously have a mind of their own! If you guys are battling to even just get her ON like we were... definitely try a sticker chart of sorts. If you google "toddler chore charts" you'll get some blank ones.. I printed it out and then put "going on potty" as one of the spots. I hang it on the fridge, and let HER put a sticker on when she goes on the potty.. make a HUGE exciting deal over it, and she loves it. I wish I thought of doing it 6 months ago!

Potty training, for me, is honestly one of the hardest aspects of parenting for me thus far It's awful! I can't wait until she's not in diapers. (FTR- she does the same thing Valearia does.. she'll say "I'm going poopies!" RIGHT before she goes.. or right after.. as if that helps, lol!)

March 19th, 2009, 12:12 PM
Oh kids these days! Lol. You just never know bout them. I'll tell my sister bout the chore charts. Thanks!

So still no word from my interview. Seriously, are they trying to kill me?

March 19th, 2009, 12:12 PM
Oh kids these days! Lol. You just never know bout them. I'll tell my sister bout the chore charts. Thanks!

So still no word from my interview. Seriously, are they trying to kill me?

March 19th, 2009, 03:43 PM
I_Run_with_Scissors
I hope you hear something soon!!
March 20th, 2009, 11:39 AM
They called! They called to let me know they are interested in me and want a second interview. She said they will call me next week to set up another interview.

Thank goodness! Annapolis Mall here I come! (I'm DYING to go shopping!!!)

And I texted one of my old coworkers at my old bank to let her know and she told me that another coworker has an interview with the same bank I did, this Wednesday. That would suck if she out beat me for a job, lol. But it would be lots of fun to work with her again!

March 20th, 2009, 12:09 PM
I_Run_with_Scissors
thats awesome news!! Good luck on your next interview!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search