Chit Chat thread for 2009

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Hangout LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 9th, 2009, 06:26 AM
::er!ca::'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I thought I'd start a chit chat thread for the rest of the year. Come here and talk about whatever you'd like!!!

What is everyone doing today?

I'm on spring break, so I'm very thankful to not have class this week. I am hoping to get caught up on laundry and other house work this week.
March 9th, 2009, 07:29 AM
I_Run_with_Scissors
I love chit chat threads!!! They are my faves!!

Not much going on here, were planning on moving in late april/early may so ive started some packing/spring cleaning.
March 9th, 2009, 09:01 AM
How far from where you are currently living are you moving? I hate moving!

I really need to get my computer desk cleaned. It is such a huge mess!!!! And, I think I'm getting a new computer desk too, so I need to organize some.
March 9th, 2009, 09:04 AM
I_Run_with_Scissors
not to far, only about an hour, to the same town where DH works he hates the commute, i dont mind moving to much, but im a little sad i have my friends and some family here and i know no one in the new place, but its nice that its only an hour away.

I hate cleaning and organizing, im just not an organized person maybe thats why LOL i always say im going to get organized but it never lasts very long
March 9th, 2009, 11:59 AM
DH and I want to eventually move out of the city we live in, but we're worried about leaving family. Both of our families live here. I'm really close to his sister, and my whole family... so at this point I can't imagine not living here where I can go see them at any time. I think once we do move, it won't be so bad. Hopefully you meet lots of new friends in your new town!!

How long will you be away from the computer on your move, or do you not know yet, since you aren't moving for another month or two
March 9th, 2009, 12:54 PM
I_Run_with_Scissors
ya im sure it will be ok once i actually move but right now thinking about it makes me a little sad!! Hopefully i wont be away from the computer too long, im such an addict, probably only a day or two, im sure we will have the internet ect hooked up right away as DH needs it to do some of his work from home
March 9th, 2009, 02:50 PM
What kind of work does DH do?

My DH is in sales.
March 9th, 2009, 03:22 PM
I_Run_with_Scissors
He works in dispatch and transportation. Basically he has to decide what goes on which trucks and where they will be going and then keep tract of them all. and of course listen to people whine and complain when things are late...
March 9th, 2009, 04:01 PM
I'm on the 60 minute count down to put the girls to bed for the night
March 9th, 2009, 04:07 PM
I_Run_with_Scissors
LOL
March 9th, 2009, 04:54 PM
enchantingdragon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi, Im here now. How is the move going to affect your commute Bree?

I hate cleaning too. I am on spring break from my classes next week.
March 9th, 2009, 05:20 PM
I thought being on Spring Break this week would be a good thing, but Brinlee was so rotten today!
March 9th, 2009, 05:20 PM
I_Run_with_Scissors
I dont work at the moment so its not going to affect anything for me in that area thank goodness i hate driving the 400!! So im just going to hold off looking for anything until we get settled down there.

Jasmine do you have any fun plans for your spring break? What are you studying?
March 9th, 2009, 06:09 PM
Im taking the last 3 classes I need for a state requirement. I am training to be an interpreter for the deaf working in school systems.

The classes are online so spring break doesn't really mean anything for me, just that I have time to catch up on the work load

I work as a nanny and in April I might get off for that as my family might go on vacation. If I do get that week off I might go to DC to visit my best friend.
March 9th, 2009, 06:16 PM
Coach's Avatar Super Mommy
Hi everyone!!!

I hope everyone is enjoying their spring breaks!

I took my grandmom to the grocery store today! Oh fun And then we took her to dinner for her 80th birthday!

And today for the first time my 2 year old niece told me she loved me. I almost cried!! Lol.

"I KNEW I BELONGED TO THE PUBLIC AND TO THE WORLD, NOT BECAUSE I WAS TALENTED OR EVEN BEAUTIFUL, BUT BECAUSE I HAD NEVER BELONGED TO ANYTHING OR ANYONE ELSE"---MARILYN MONROE
March 9th, 2009, 06:23 PM
Oh thats so sweet Kimberly!
March 9th, 2009, 07:09 PM
I_Run_with_Scissors
aww thats adorable kimberley!

Jasmine i used to work as a nanny! I actually really enjoyed it, once we move thats probably what i will go back to doing
March 9th, 2009, 08:05 PM
I love working as a nanny Bree. Its been over a year and I still love it so much. I have a hard time with 9-5's...I get sooo bored and just hate everyday. I love working with children because everyday changes which is why I want to eventually be an interpreter working with kids.
March 10th, 2009, 05:13 AM
I_Run_with_Scissors
Ya i love working with kids, ive thought about going back to school to take ECE or maybe even teaching. I get bored doing the same thing everyday too so i can understand where your coming from on that one.
March 10th, 2009, 05:51 AM
Kimberly, that is so sweet that your niece told you she loved you! I love moments like that! And I remember when my mom used to take my grandma to the grocery store every Friday. My grandma never learned to drive, so when my grandpa passed in 1991 my mom had to take over and drive my grandma around to her appointments, the grocery store, and the mall for her.

Is anyone else in school?

I'm currently in school for Medical Assisting (AAMA-CMA). Basically, we're trained to do everything that a nurse (LPN) does except our training is for a doctor's office and a nurse's training is for the hospital. We also are also trained and certified to do all of the front office work like billing insurance, medical coding, etc. So it's nice that we can do administrative duties or clinical duties. This semester I'm in clinicals (only 8 weeks to go!) and then over the summer I have a 10 week externship, then I'm finished. I think in October or December I'll be taking my certification exam. I'm ready to be done with school!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search