If you are married/engaged/or whatever else lol

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Hangout LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 19th, 2007, 12:50 PM
Baby Names Host
Send a message via AIM to carlyheartsphil
Just thought I'd add this in here since my best friends wedding is coming up so I was thinking about it! So here are some questions about your wedding/soon to be wedding:

Did you have a small or big wedding? How many guests?
What kind of flowers did you have?
What color did your bridesmaids wear? Did you let them pick the dress?
Did you have it in your hometown or somewhere else?
Did you do any family traditions during your ceremony?
What was the first song you and DH danced to?
Did you go on a honeymoon? If so where to?

--------------

Did you have a small or big wedding? How many guests? We had a small wedding, it was about 50 guests, thats what I wanted, just family and very close friends
What kind of flowers did you have? hot pink gerber daisies
What color did your bridesmaids wear? Did you let them pick the dress? I only had my sister and my sil as bridesmaids, they wore simple tea length black dresses, they helped pick them out.
Did you have it in your hometown or somewhere else? we got married in Long Island, NY where my dh is from (we were married at the Southampton Inn)
Did you do any family traditions during your ceremony? no, not really
What was the first song you and DH danced to? ours was "I Knew I Loved You" by Savage Garden
Did you go on a honeymoon? If so where to? we went to Disneyworld, it was so much fun!

September 20th, 2007, 06:25 AM
Acadia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It will be extremely small (even by my standards; I think 150 is huge). There will be the two of us, a JP, and our two best friends.
I'll have whatever the florist has in stock that weekend. I'm not picky!
I think she'll wear green. Yes she picked the dress, she's just not sure what color she wants to order it in yet.
In the town where we live now. But it's not my hometown.
Well, outdoor weddings are kind of traditions in my family.
Not sure what it will be yet.
We'll spend a night at a B&B here in town and later we want to plan a trip to the Grand Canyon.

</div>
September 22nd, 2007, 01:20 PM
Miracle's Avatar ♥ Melissa ♥
Did you have a small or big wedding? How many guests? I guess it was medium sized. About 100 people
What kind of flowers did you have? Roses.
What color did your bridesmaids wear? Did you let them pick the dress? Azalea. It was a deep, dark pink color. They all wore the same dress from Davids Bridal.
Did you have it in your hometown or somewhere else? We had it about an hour and a half away from where we lived. We had a lot of out of town guests so it didn't matter much. We just wanted to do it some place warm since it was in November and we wanted an outside wedding. So we ended up having it in Palm Springs and it was GORGEOUS! It was hot and sunny !
Did you do any family traditions during your ceremony? Nope. We had our great, younger pastor do the ceremony and he made it very short and funny. He's entertaining. We knew nobody would get bored.
What was the first song you and DH danced to? The ONLY song we danced to was "To Make You Feel My Love" By Garth Brooks (the Hope Floats song). It was the "first dance". But I'm not a big dancer otherwise.
Did you go on a honeymoon? If so where to? We went to Sedona, Arizona. We only stayed a few days since Thanksgiving was coming up and a lot of family that came from out of town was staying for Thanksgiving, so we wanted to be back in time to celebrate it with them. It was a nice, relaxing honeymoon, but definitely not long enough!!!

September 22nd, 2007, 11:05 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mom2Nat&Ry
Did you have a small or big wedding? How many guests? I would say small because we didn't spend much but there were about 100 people there between family and friends
What kind of flowers did you have? fake
What color did your bridesmaids wear? Did you let them pick the dress? Navy and White, yes they picked them out
Did you have it in your hometown or somewhere else? in DH's hometown, I had been living there for about 6 months
Did you do any family traditions during your ceremony? no
What was the first song you and DH danced to? didn't dance, reception was just cake and punch
Did you go on a honeymoon? If so where to? Yes, to Branson, MO did some sightseeing

November 3rd, 2007, 04:18 PM
Crystal423's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Did you have a small or big wedding? How many guests? Not small, but not big. About 100 guests.
What kind of flowers did you have? Roses
What color did your bridesmaids wear? Did you let them pick the dress? Periwinkle and I picked the dress.
Did you have it in your hometown or somewhere else? Our hometown
Did you do any family traditions during your ceremony? Not really
What was the first song you and DH danced to? "A Moment Like This" by Kelly Clarkson
Did you go on a honeymoon? If so where to? Disney World in Florida.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my wonderful siggy!
December 21st, 2007, 06:46 PM
Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to newmom24
Did you have a small or big wedding?small,we got married at the mayor's office
How many guests?1
What kind of flowers did you have?none
What color did your bridesmaids wear?I didn't have bridesmaids
Did you let them pick the dress?n/a
Did you have it in your hometown or somewhere else?hometown
Did you do any family traditions during your ceremony?no
What was the first song you and DH danced to?we didn't have a reception
Did you go on a honeymoon? If so where to?we still haven't gone on a honeymoon and it's been a year since we got married

<div class='codetop'>CODE</div><div class='codemain' style='height:200px;white-spacere;overflow:auto'></div><div class='codetop'>CODE</div><div class='codemain' style='height:200px;white-spacere;overflow:auto'></div><div class='codetop'>CODE</div><div class='codemain' style='height:200px;white-spacere;overflow:auto'></div>
December 28th, 2007, 01:44 PM
Hey There's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Did you have a small or big wedding? How many guests? Big. 200
What kind of flowers did you have? Tulips. My favorites and it was a miracle since the wedding was in a small town in October.
What color did your bridesmaids wear? Did you let them pick the dress? Red/Burgundy. Very Fall colors. They didn't pick them but I let them all vote. All but one picked it so it seemed they liked them.
Did you have it in your hometown or somewhere else? In my original hometown. Not where we live now.
Did you do any family traditions during your ceremony? Just that my Uncle sang and he sings at all the family weddings.
What was the first song you and DH danced to? At Last by Etta James
Did you go on a honeymoon? If so where to? Mexico and it was great!
December 28th, 2007, 02:18 PM
Bedazzled's Avatar Mommy to my own superhero
small...maybe 60-70 guests
deep red roses
deep red...I picked the dress
my hometown
nope
"I'll Be" be Edwin McCain
a cruse to Mexico...best vacation ever!
January 4th, 2008, 12:42 PM
Veteran
Big- We had 250 guests
Variety, mainly gerberdaisies
We had Harvest Gold (they were a deep coppery gold) and I picked a few dresses and then the girls made the final decision
my hometown where I grew up
not really
"amzed" by Lonestar only because that was the very first song that we danced to when we dated
we went to Montego Bay, Jamaica to a Sandals Resort..... aaahhh I want to go back!!

May 13th, 2008, 08:56 PM
tatumchar@yahoo.com's Avatar Super Mommy
me and DH didn't have an actual wedding, we eloped. only my parents went with us and we were married with just a preacher and them under a big gazebo in the middle of a flower park. i wanted to wear a dress w a hawaiian blue flower print and flip flops and DH wore a hawaiian shirt w flip flops lol. i wouldn't have changed a thing either!!

</div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search