Your dream sheet...

Forum: Military Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Military Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 29th, 2009, 01:03 PM
Josey's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Josey
I lurk in here from time to time, so I hope you don't mind me jumping in with a question. DH is cross training in the airforce and I have to come up with my conus dream sheet. I am so clueless so I was wondering what is your dream sheet and why?? Thanks ladies!!!

Thanks to ~* Helen *~ for my beautiful siggy!
June 29th, 2009, 03:36 PM
Mommy4x4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mommy4x4
We have Hill AFB in Utah, Buckley/Schreiver/Peterson AFBs in Colorado and Dyess/Lackland in Texas on our dream sheet ... we are really praying for Dyess though. We are getting out of the military though, which is why we want Dyess [we are planning to move to Austin, TX and I'd rather be at Dyess than Lackland].

My family is going an entire YEAR in 2011 without fast food. Join us on our journey at our blog or on the Facebook fan page for The 365-Day Challenge!!!

June 29th, 2009, 05:27 PM
oriel13's Avatar Tishauna
Only thing on his is Wright Patterson in Ohio. We spent 6 years on the west coast before getting to TX, but Ohio would put us right in the middle of both of our families - making it easier for them to drive and visit us and vice versa.

June 30th, 2009, 05:42 PM
lindseyp1019's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ours is Oki, MCB Hawaii and Germany We are getting out in a year so we will never see those places

*Lindsey, proud mamma to Kyle and Cade!*
July 8th, 2009, 07:23 AM
DH is Navy and we put anywhere on the NW Coast or NE Coast and the only thing that was open was Virginia. MMMM No thanks!! So it was between Italy, Japan, and Guam, and we chose Guam. Dh is hoping to get a ship next but if he cant we're stumped if we want to try for Washington state or closer to home (ohio) so probably Chicago since we're planning on having kids soon..hopefully
July 8th, 2009, 09:19 AM
alycat's Avatar Mommy to Jack
my husband is a ranger and they only have six locations, three are for training only, so there are only a couple places we can go. he has talked about signing on as airborne only and there is a base six hours from our hometown.
July 14th, 2009, 07:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mommy2lilman Send a message via Yahoo to mommy2lilman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy4x4 View Post
We have Hill AFB in Utah, Buckley/Schreiver/Peterson AFBs in Colorado and Dyess/Lackland in Texas on our dream sheet ... we are really praying for Dyess though. We are getting out of the military though, which is why we want Dyess [we are planning to move to Austin, TX and I'd rather be at Dyess than Lackland].
We're at Dyess right now. Been here for 5 years come August. We're actually getting ready to go to Kirtland for schooling, then on to Hurlburt Field for Spec Ops.

As far as our dream sheet, we had Alaska, Germany, Washington State, and Florida. Dh managed to get orders last deployment for Hurlburt come next Mar.

Good luck with coming to Dyess.

And Josey- Good luck with your dream sheet.

July 14th, 2009, 07:50 AM
ShanMarie's Avatar Is it spring yet?
We dont really have a dream sheet being in the Navy. He will be able to look at orders in September but we are hoping that there is something at the reserve base in Ft Worth, Texas so we can go back home. IF there isnt, we would want something close or Fl. Josh is converting to FTS so it opens up a lot of bases since he will be working with the reserves.
Preston-3
Cameron-1

July 14th, 2009, 07:03 PM
Platinum Supermommy
My DH has the following on his dream sheet. They're all because we think they would be interesting places to live.

Nellis AFB
MacDill AFB
Hickam AFB

Those are the ones I know about that are on his dream sheet. I have no clue what is on the rest of it.
July 14th, 2009, 08:12 PM
Platinum Supermommy
The CG works a little differently I think. When it comes time for them to transfer they give them a list of all open positions in their rank and rate, and then they get to make a list of where they want to go. We are transfering next summer and are hoping for Yorktown, VA, Wilmington, NC, Charleston, SC, or Savannah, GA. The things we looked at are location, if military housing is available or rental housing is affordable, and the type of job dh would do.

Oh and as far as the Air Force goes we lived on Patrick AFB in Florida for a year and it was WONDERFUL. Beautiful beaches, great weather, and an awesome base.
July 16th, 2009, 06:29 AM
Josey's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Josey
Thanks ladies!!!

Thanks to ~* Helen *~ for my beautiful siggy!
July 16th, 2009, 09:54 AM
Super Mommy
as far as we can get from both of our crazy families.

we are waiting to hear some news now on were we will be going once my DH comes home.
our #1 choise...CO
Our #2 choise....Germany
our #3 choise.....England
July 16th, 2009, 12:44 PM
Veteran
I was in AF for 6 years and the dream sheet is just that, dreams. Many people don't even see the locations on their wheets while others are lucky enough to see everyone of their locations on the sheet. My recommendation is to put regions instead of exact locations. For example, for my first duty location, I wanted NC I put locations like South East, Carolinas, North Carolina, and then put in the specific bases I wanted. It worked for me, but there is no guarantee. It is all about the needs of the service. Now that I am out and DH is still in the army, we are limited to only a few bases that house special ops identifiers. Dream sheets are a thing of the past for us. Hope this helps with your stategies!

BJ
July 16th, 2009, 05:53 PM
AmandaR
We haven't done ours. DH's job only goes to three places, and his particular language only goes to one. So we're stuck.
July 17th, 2009, 01:05 AM
SummerBabies11's Avatar Mega Super Duper Mommy
ah this scares me! I've never moved before and I'm so protective about our house.... come Next August after hubs gets back from deployment we will be in Bragg, but we could really go anywhere, and I have no idea where I would want to go, as moving in general scares me!

We thought about CO, and Hawaii, but I NEVER hear anything good about Hawaii,
DH also wants to go to Germany.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search