38 weeks with DH deploying-advice?

Forum: Military Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Military Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 1st, 2009, 11:00 AM
ninja_mommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ok ladies this is not an uncommon topic for us so I am seeking some advice/support or whatever. Obviously no dates are really ever set in stone, but supposedly DH is going to deploy when I am 38 weeks pregnant. I am not getting my hopes up that LO will arrive before he has to go. We want a healthy baby above all. Anyone dealt with a deployment so close to their due date? How did you handle it emotionally?
I am also bummed because he was going to take two weeks leave during deployment, but they changed his deployment location and he won't be able to leave now It also kind of irks me that he is leaving two weeks earlier than a majority of the other guys. Just venting about that, we've all gotten the shaft at some point. I wish it wasn't our turn to draw the short stick

Oct '11 June '12
July 1st, 2009, 07:13 PM
Mommy4x4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mommy4x4
We drew the short stick this tour, my DH missed the last 21 weeks of my pregnant, the birth of our last baby, and Noah's first month of life. It freaking SUCKS ... totally not worth it IM[bitterly]HO.

Anyway ...

My best advice? Get a digital camcorder. Record everything you can because I know my husband has only survived with his sanity because of short videos and pictures. Sign up for gmail and use Picasa for their web albums. Get your DH a laptop if he's able to use one at his deployed location ...

Surround yourself with your family if you can - if not, then learn the contacts within your husbands command - the spouses, the commanders, the lower ranking guys who will come mow your lawn, etc.

My family is going an entire YEAR in 2011 without fast food. Join us on our journey at our blog or on the Facebook fan page for The 365-Day Challenge!!!

July 2nd, 2009, 08:31 AM
ninja_mommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks, DH has a laptop and hopefully we can webcam. We have an older camcorder that my sister gave me, so let's hope that works. I am going back home for about four months of deployment. I am in a wedding one month after my due date, that will be interesting.
I did have friends here to help do stuff, but most of them are going back home for deployment for my similar issue or we lost a couple to PCS'ing. Luckily we don't have a lot out here to take care of.

Oct '11 June '12
July 2nd, 2009, 10:13 AM
LadyLuck's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LadyLuck
Tony deployed 3 weeks before Evan was born and I wished so much that he could've been here for his birth. He was gone for training for 5 months before that though, so he basically missed most of the pregnancy too. He isn't able to come home for any R & R so he won't meet Evan til he's 6-7 mos old. So, I am definitely in the same boat and wanted to offer you some big HUGS, it's a tough thing to go through without your hubby.

If he has a laptop and you can webcam then that will be a wonderful way to keep him up to date. My DH is in a really remote location so we can only depend on snail mail and it sucks! I think making little videos for him or for him to see when he returns is a great idea. Take LOTS of pics and I'm sure you'll have no problem keeping busy with a newborn!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search