First deployment coming up

Forum: Military Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Military Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 5th, 2009, 04:00 AM
SummerBabies11's Avatar Mega Super Duper Mommy
sorry I kind of Ramble, it's hard to explain

DH has been in for 4 + years, he hasn't been deployed yet, out of basic he was brought straight to a non deploying base. He was infantry and just recently changed to somthing else.

His first deployment is coming up, and he says the only thing he is nervous about is just missing his family. The whole war thing doesnt even seem to phase him.

I talk to him a lot about different "scenarios" because war changes everyone for the better or for the worse, and I don't want the worse end of it. Basically he says that it doesnt phase him at all, and he will be fine, and nothing about it bothers him ( things that one might have to do over there). He is the type, that I really believe he wouldnt think twice about whatever he had to do. I am really beating around the bush, but hopefully you understand.

what do you think I should expect? do you think he will truly be close to normal when he gets back, or is this a front? What bothers those that come back the most, what they had to do, or the noise, or the anxiety?

July 5th, 2009, 04:03 PM
Mommy4x4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mommy4x4
We are at the end of our first tour and I can tell you - war changes them for better or worse. I can tell you in our case, it has changed my husband for the better but he didn't go off base nor did he see any violence or casualties like Army or Marines might expect to see since he is Air Force. He said the same thing before he left - the war thing didn't phase him so much, he just was worried about missing us and us missing him and him missing everything that happened here at home. My husband isn't home yet, but I don't expect him to have any long-lasting side effects from his tour that are negative - if anything, it has made him more of a family man and has really set his priorities straight. But my husband is the type of guy who can go through about anything and walk away with his head on straight, if you know what I mean.

My family is going an entire YEAR in 2011 without fast food. Join us on our journey at our blog or on the Facebook fan page for The 365-Day Challenge!!!

July 6th, 2009, 04:27 AM
SummerBabies11's Avatar Mega Super Duper Mommy
thanks I know what you mean. I really have no idea what the heck hubby will get into, I keep thinking of that movie, Grand Torino, when Clint Eastwood talks about having to kill a man, and that he doesnt want anyone to have that burden on them. blah! Who knows.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search