Learning German

Forum: Military Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Military Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 21st, 2009, 01:45 PM
BBKT's Avatar Veteran
Hi All,

Anyone know where I can get free German language learning software (like Rosetta Stone)? DH and I are thinking about getting orders to Germany in a couple years, so I wanted to start learning to language. Does Military One Source or the base library have some programs?

Thanks!

7/2013
September 28th, 2009, 08:28 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to WendyBird Send a message via Yahoo to WendyBird
Is your husband Army? Is so, he has access to Rosetta Stone online. Every language they have, he can do. But, it's just for him. So maybe you can sit beside him and do the lessons together? It's on the Army Portal. Just not sure where, I can't remember.

September 28th, 2009, 09:05 AM
Super Mommy
I have to say...the best way of learning a language is by being in Germany.
I learned German in school for 10 years and when i was in Germany i had no idea what they were talking about.Just by being in the country and hearing German everive helped me to learn it really fast.But that's just me.i did not know how to speak ore writhe in English when i met my DH,but after having no choice but learn i did pretty fast.
I know my writhing is not that good yet,and spell check cant fix everything,but I'm working on it.
so sorry if i make no sense sometimes.

for me...the best way of learing the language is by being in that country.
September 28th, 2009, 12:23 PM
rose198172's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I know that I'm able to get into Navy Knowledge Online (I guess this is what Army Portal is for you guys?) and use the Rosetta Stone software). Might be an option for you?

September 28th, 2009, 09:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Very true about being in Germany and speaking it... I currently live in Germany and you have so many different dialects. The German here is like broken German... kinda like being in the south in the US... But its pretty easy to learn. I can understand most of it... but speaking it is way different! Find a german friend when you get here and they will help!

Thank you Jacquie for the beautiful siggy!

Getting ready to do what I do!!!! One day at a time! Protecting your freedom!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search