August Buddies: KaylynnandAddisonsMommy and EllenCarroll

Forum: Military Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Military Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 11th, 2010, 02:43 PM
EllenCarroll's Avatar Proud Army Wife
Send a message via AIM to EllenCarroll Send a message via Yahoo to EllenCarroll
OMG!! What a creep!! He really does live there and then still freaking rips you guys off?!! Wow....I cant believe it, freaking Fayetteville! I cant stand it here. I dont blame you for being scared, I remember back in january when david was gone in the field, some guy tried to break into our apartment at 1am!! Banging on the door, staring at me through the windows.. Its was soooo beyond scary. The closest friend I had here at the time lived in VA.. so I packed up my dog and I was pregnant still and drove to stay with her for a week!! Until David got home. To this day I am still scared to be left alone. I am hoping because we live on post I wont be as scared now when he leaves to go somewhere, but we will see. Im so sorry you had to deal with that. I was starting to wonder where you were!! I cant wait until David gets stationed somewhere else..hopefully safer then Fayetteville, do you know they rated Fayetteville one of the worst places to raise a family?!! because of the crime, drugs, nothing for families to do around here, barely any parks...it sucks. I am just glad Zack was here when all this happend!! Phew!!!.....David is deploying anytime after the 30th of this month and I am trying to get to Florida asap after he is gone..because I dont want to be alone with Gabriel while he is gone..because I had a scary thing happen to me too...so dont feel to bad for being scared..I have stayed up all night as well some nights, just like you and I sleep on the couch because I cant hear anything in my room either...I hope that dude stays away from you!!! uuughhh
August 11th, 2010, 06:47 PM
KaylynnandAddisonsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yeah and come Sept. he is going to Ft. Polk Louisiana for training...This should be fun! Yeah I hate Fayetville! Do u remember frm the news earliar this yr when that rapist was breaking into apartments? I lived in an apartment at tht time, so I was ready to get out...Where's your hubby deploying to? I hate Deployments!!! BOOO!

August 11th, 2010, 06:57 PM
That guy was the one who tried to break into my apartment!! People saw him walking around our apartment parking lot!!! He almost got in.. and I was home alone pregnant!! If it wasnt for my dog barking I wouldnt have woken up.. so we are getting a german shepherd now.
I hate deployments too.. this is our 2nd one.. its harder this time becuase gabriel is in the picture now. He will come back when Gabriel is 7 months old. He is going to Afganistan. He only deploys for 6 months at a time.. so it could be worse, but Im so upset already.. Im dreading it. My heart is going to break, and gabe looks just like David. Omg I need to stop or Im gonna start balling!
How long is your hubby going for? He is leaving this Sept? Are you going to stay here or go visit family?
August 12th, 2010, 07:49 AM
Yeah Deployments are miserable! Zack is just doing training so it will be for about 2-2 1/2 wks. I rly wanna go home to visit family, I just haven't decided yet since he will only be gone 2 wks...Decisions...Decisions :-0 So will you and Gabe be driving to Florida?

August 12th, 2010, 08:04 AM
Yeah we will be driving. So that we can have the car when we are in Florida. I wanted to fly because its so much faster, but then I wouldnt have a car there.. so driving it is! Its gonna be about a 12 hour drive! Shouldnt be too bad, he sleeps a lot and only eats about every 3 hours. So I can use that as my bathroom break! I dont blame you for wanting to go home, but for only 2 weeks that would be crunch time. I went home when david was gone for 7 weeks. He went to texas for training, so I went home. If its longer than 2 weeks I usually go stay with friends or go home. I dont like being alone like you.
Whats your plans for today? Since its pay day I gotta go pay some bills and do some errands. Oh yeah.. do you like football?! Football season is starting!! I LOVE football!!! New England Patriots are my team!! LOL.. Im a sports freak!
August 12th, 2010, 09:20 PM
Lol I actually hate sports...Zack is a pretty big fan of them Well tonight we decided on Wendys...I need to go to bed soon. I am so tired...I need to get up and make my grocery list so I can go to the store...Where do u shop at? I mainly go to Walmart, occasionally the commissary...

August 12th, 2010, 09:46 PM
We almost always go to the commissary, but there are some items we have to go to Walmart for, either they dont have it there or dont have a certain type we want.
We had Hardee's today a late lunch..we ate around 4 so dinner was late tonight and nothing huge. I hear ya about going to bed, Im feeding gabe now and then going to bed, we bought this new type of formula from Enfamil. Its called Enfamil Restfull, he eats it only at night and its a little thicker to help him sleep longer at night! I hope it works, tonight is our first night doing it!
August 13th, 2010, 02:06 PM
Yeah I like both places...Decisions, Decisions I went to Walmart today....I am soo tired now for some reason....So how did Gabe do on his new nighttime formula?

August 13th, 2010, 02:48 PM
Yeah I feel ya on being tired!..lol.
Gabe slept for 4 hours!! Fabulous!!! worked like a charm! still tired as heck though!! How was your day today? Mine was ok..didnt really do anything to exciting. Im getting ready to dye my hair.. so thats exciting I guess! Dying it shimmer black. I love black hair! but if I could have any color of hair it would be red!!
So if you could live anywhere where would it be? I would say for me it would be either Montana, Wyoming, Colorado..somewhere with moutains..and horse country!!
Gonna watch a movie tonight "Death At A Funeral" I've been dying to see it!! Hope all is well girly!! we need to get together before I go to Florida!
August 13th, 2010, 08:24 PM
I actually did nothing besides the grocery....LOL and I'm gonna declare tomorrow a lazy day...I'm pathetic haha, although I'm sure I will catch up on laundry...but I rly would just like to watch lifetime movies all day! Yeah my hair is naturally red, on Block Leave in July I got blonde highlights...Zacks aunt is a hairstylist so I always have her do my hair when I see her...If you want red how come you don't try red? Yay for Gabe sleeping long! It's always an amazing feeling to get up and hold your new baby, but very tiring (not a word I guess but hey ya know what I mean) If I could live anywhere I would have to say Florida, or somewhere that I've never been like California Yeah we will defiantly have to meet up sometime I'm sure we don't live far at all

August 14th, 2010, 09:35 AM
Hey Lazy days are ok in my book!! Although I dont get them much anymore! LOL..I have dyed my hair red A LOT actually. But I wish It was naturally red, like a nice auburn red, but oh well..
I like lifetime movies as well, they can get really addicting!! Especially when we are Army Wives and dont work!! Speaking of Army Wives I cant wait until Sunday! How many more episodes? like 2 more I think? uuugh Im so bummed and how long is it until the new season comes back on? Im planning on buying the season's on dvd to watch while david is gone, watch like an episode at night before I go to bed with the baby. Im really hoping the 5 or 6 months he's gone will go by quickly..especially becuase I will be so busy with the baby and going to florida. Any word on when your hubby is leaving next month?
August 14th, 2010, 10:04 PM
Yeah sadly I think only about two more episodes of Armywives :-/ Zack has no idea when he leaves for training...which sucks:-/ So what was for dinner tonight? I made my very first Buffalo Chicken Pizza We loved it! I normally make a Mexican Pizza which is also rly good!

Here's the Mexican Pizza
[IMG]

Here's the Buffalo Chicken Pizza
[IMG]

August 15th, 2010, 06:04 AM
WOW!! Good job girl, it looks really good!! We had Chicken stir fry. I LOVE chicken stir fry with white rice.
It sucks when they done know the exact date until the very last minute, it drives me crazy with David being Special Forces too, they will tell him he is leaving at the very last minute!! Most soldiers will have time to know they are deploying..Nope not david's unit. A lot of marriages dont last when they are married to special forces soldiers, because its so hard on the families vs regular army.
So what do you usually do on sunday's? We dont do anything.. My husband and I are very much homebodies!! We like it that way..Any plans for the week?
August 15th, 2010, 07:39 AM
Thanks! Making pizza's are very fun!!! Oh I know the Army defiantly has it's Pro's and Con's Today we are doing nothing...just lying around Not sure about this wk...I rly need to get some cleaning done for sure! I've been slacking lately! Haha

August 15th, 2010, 08:03 AM
Well i am for sure taking a nap!! I know that Gabriel does sleep good at night, but lately I havent been sleeping that well. There is a lot going on and my mind wont stop from racing all that much. So I try to sleep as much as I can even if its during the day. I've been really depressed and crying a lot, not so much the baby blues..but other stuff going on. Sucks...Maybe we can talk about it through Facebook IM...uugh.
I think I need to go out today by myself to get a break.. Im thinking about going to Starbucks to get a coffee..
August 15th, 2010, 08:31 PM
I understand that especially w/ your hubby getting ready to leave. Hopefully time will go by fast...My phone is broken and I should have my new one in the mail tomorrow or Tuesday, I dunno if you have a cell or text but Once I get it I'll pm you my number if you want it And I love me some Starbucks I rly love the new Frappes at McDonalds

August 15th, 2010, 08:35 PM
I would LOVE to have your phone number! I could always use a friend to talk too, even when I go to Florida..still be nice to have a fellow army wife I can call and cry to or laugh with!
Ok we need to go to starbucks together, especially when I need a break from the baby..I love the coffee or caramel Frapps!! and yes the Mcdonalds ones are awesome too! I was actually suprised how good they are. I LOVE Dunkin Donutes Iced Coffee as well!!! very good!! Mmmmm Ok Im craving coffee now! My 2 favorite drinks and addictions are Coffee and Diet Coke! OMG.. I could drink diet coke for the rest of my life!!..lol bad addiction!
Whats your favorite drinks? if you had to choose?
August 15th, 2010, 08:50 PM
I love the Carmel Frappes, Double chocolate chip frap at Starbucks, and I love Dr. Pepper I don't know how familiar u are w/ Reilly rode but I live super close to the McDonald's at Reilly and Cliffdale!!!

August 15th, 2010, 08:55 PM
Yeah I know where that is!!! where are you in regards to the mcdonalds?!! I go there quiet a bit!!!
August 15th, 2010, 09:03 PM
If you go though the light at Reilly and Cliffdale passing McDonald's on your right I am just a little bit down...The neighborhood is called Southgate

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search