August Buddies: KaylynnandAddisonsMommy and EllenCarroll

Forum: Military Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Military Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 15th, 2010, 09:14 PM
EllenCarroll's Avatar Proud Army Wife
Send a message via AIM to EllenCarroll Send a message via Yahoo to EllenCarroll
Ok, so you stay on Reilly and go through the intersection? I use reilly gate quiet a bit actually. Have you guys ever lived on post? We have lived off post and recently just moved on post. We actually moved on post June 28th. We live in St. Mere. I love it here! Its like a town house, upstairs and downstairs. 2 bedroom 1 1/2 bath. Not bad. We have a little fenced in yard. Perfect for starting out together and starting a family.
But honestly i miss living off post, the extra money we got from BAH, really helped us. Yes we have free housing, electric, water, all of that.. but its still really hard on our wallets. As soon as we get a chance we are moving off post again and probably staying off post unless something happens.
How much longer do you guys have here? do you have an idea of where you want to go for your next duty station?
August 15th, 2010, 09:20 PM
KaylynnandAddisonsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yep straight through the light, going the opposite direction as the gate of course. I actually go to pay our rent at Morganton and Reilly We have never lived on post I guess for tht reason...So far we are here until 2014 unless he re-enlist but right now he kinda doesn't want to so who knows.... Yeah and I moved into our house March 1st while he was in Haiti...So he never seen it until the end of april...We have a 3 Bdrm 1 1/2 bath for $650 and it's nice and big...I love it...At the apartment we were at it was a 3bdrm 2 bath for $810! Ouch...Tht hurt the wallet...LOL

August 15th, 2010, 09:28 PM
WOW!!! 2014! Looong time! David is re enlisting next month.. well he was, but we are talking about him maybe joining the Coast Guard. They dont deploy over sea's but they do leave for like the stuff that happend in Haiti! but its better then being in a freaking combat zone! If he does re enlist he is going officer! and then pilot for apaches and blackhawks. I would honestly rather him go Coast Guard, More family time. He told me if I really wanted him out just say it and he would get out, but Im afraid we wouldnt survive with the economy as bad as it is right now. So Im trying to just deal with it and realize we are better off in the military then in civilian world. But the bases we are most interested in are, Florida, Alaska and Hawaii. If he does re enlist we are going to Eglin Airforce Base in the Panhandle in Florida, there is a special forces unit there. So we have a lot of options right now.
I will have to go look at pics of your house! 810 a month?! wow...thats a lot especially for an apartment!! wow... glad you got a good deal on the house!!
August 16th, 2010, 09:18 PM
Yeah I defiantly have my worries about going back to the civilian life...So who knows we may stay So what did you do today? Zack is at the range til 1am so I went to dinner at Cici's w/ my BF! We have had tht alot lately...I think I'm all pizza'd out!LOL!!!

August 17th, 2010, 07:23 AM
LOL Cici's is good! I love their cinnamon bread!! OMG when its warm and out of the oven..Mmmm
Yeah I think David is re enlisting, but I think he is going Coast Guard, they dont deploy, they do leave though, for humanitarian duties, like your hubby left for haiti, but at least he isnt in a war zone! So I will take that. We will still have all our benefits and same pay. So its nice. I didnt do anything yesterday, we just went to walmart to get some groceries, just stuff we needed and then watched a movie. Since David has been on leave we dont do a lot! lol...
Isnt there a 4 day weekend coming up? the beginning of Sept? for labor day? Im pretty sure its Sept 3rd until Sept 6th is the 4 day. That would be nice! =) So what are you doing today? anything exciting going on? How did you meet your bestfriend here?
August 17th, 2010, 12:24 PM
Today I'm doing nothing Lol I made pasta salad this morning for tonight to go with our burgers...Yeah I believe that's the next 4 day...Can't Freakin Wait!!! When Zack got stationed here he became bestfiends w/ one of the guys in his company....When I moved down and we got an apartment he was actually our roommate, Then his fiance moved here frm her hometown and stayed w/ us until they found a place, and she's been my bestfriend ever since

August 17th, 2010, 01:59 PM
Awwww!! Thats so cool that his BF fiance is your BF too. Thats gotta be cool when you guys hang out! Like a double date!
I just my first alone outing after Gabe was born! WOW... it was nice! Even though it was only to Starbucks to get a coffee and back home, but it was nice!! AND of course he slept hte whole time until I got home and then....wakes up! David didnt have to do anything with him while I was gone. LOL...life of a mother!..oh well.
I think were having shake and bake chicken tonight for dinner with mashed potato's and green beans. Mmm I love chicken, I could eat it all the time!
I only have basically 1 friend here she actually lives across the street from me. Her name is Bre, she is on this board too. She is 1 of my bestfriends here. Its nice we live right next to eachother we watch eachother's babies when we have stuff to do, but believe I am excited to go home to florida, where all my friends are!! I wont be lonely there..Uggh David only has a week and half of leave left..sucks.. Im so heartbroken but Im ready for this crap to start so i can be done with this deployment. I cant wait until feb or march when he comes home!! Good days!!

So who are your favorite actors? I love Kate Hudson, Zoe Saldana, ooh my fav Actor is Tracy Morgan!!! OMG he is hilarious!!! and I love Gerard Butler, and of course Ryan Reynolds **drool** is my favorite sexy actor!!! HEEELLLOOOO......LOL
August 18th, 2010, 08:47 PM
Well my Bf and her hubby eventually married back in 08 I hope your time doesn't pass to slow while David is gone!!! Yeah I can't wait to get out myself...BF will be 21 in a couple of wks so we are goin out...yay! Today we actually picked out our outfit to wear...The heels will be the death of me!!! I actually don't have a favorite actor...I'm pretty lame...LOL We had Jersey Mikes for dinner...It was very yummy

August 19th, 2010, 03:51 PM
LOL any tips for keeping a baby awake during the day?! I need some advice on that. Gabriel has his nights and days mixed up!! LOL
August 19th, 2010, 06:35 PM
Oh no!!! Sadly I don't Addison never went through that, when she came home she pretty much slept all day and night and woke up every 2 hrs! Ouch :-/ Girl waht am I gonna do? It's supposed to be a 3 day and Zack has CQ tomorrow! Totally bummed :-/

August 20th, 2010, 06:23 AM
UUGh CQ sucks!!! hmm whats your BF doing? maybe you can have a movie night? she can come over, you guys can get a pizza and watch movies? After the kids are in bed? I dont really know what to tell ya girly, David barely ever has CQ because SF Unit but when he does I usually just stay home. Whats the 3 day? Friday and the weekend or the weekend and Monday? Im pretty sure its today. LOL ever since David has taken leave I cant keep up with the 4 days or 3 days. So whats your plans for the weekend? Why did you name your daughters their names? any specific reason?
August 20th, 2010, 07:47 AM
Today started the 3 day...No I wouldn't ask her on this night her husband is off or else I would have I may just order a pizza tonight...lol and then when the girls go to bed watch movies....Tomorrow night I am going to a jewelry party at 7 w/ two of my friends...then before the weekend ends I would like to see "The Last Song" w/ Zack I will probobly get frm Redbox I read the book when he was in Haiti....So good So what r your plans? I named Kaylynn that because my middle name is Lynn. Her middle name is Elaine which is Zacks grandmas middle name. I have always liked the name Addison, first Zack did not...now he does We call her Ad, Addi, and Adster...lol she's gonna hate us LOL! Her middle name is Haze which was my grandmas middle name I love it because you never hear of it...How did you get Gabe's name?

August 20th, 2010, 01:28 PM
Aww so cute! I love Addison Haze! beautiful! Gabriel's middle name is Harley. Harley is for David's dad who passed away when david was really young. At first Gabe's first name was Ashton. It was Ashton forever!! Ashton Harley. BUT I have always loved the name Gabriel, at first David didnt, but then, I just thought one day.. OMG Harley is for his dad who passed away.. Gabriel was an arch angel. The messenger. How perfect was that?! An angel's name for his dad. So I told David and he said yes he liked it, I started to cry!! Literally cry.. thats the emotion I wanted in my son's name. So he became Gabriel and honestly it suites him soooo good!!
Movie night sound awesome!! Im thinking David and I might do that soon, I want to see Date Night so bad, but redbox never has it! lol.. We recently watched Death At A Funeral, Cop Out, Repo Men.. all were really good movies!!! cop out was HILARIOUS! I recommend that one and Death at a funeral. Im getting those when David leaves..so I have some funny movies to watch.
Do you want anymore kids? We want 1 more. Were going to try when David gets back in feb or march. We want them close in age.
August 20th, 2010, 05:30 PM
Oh the name is perfect then! I actually wanna see Death at a Funeral!!! As far as kids we are kinda undecided....I have always wanted a boy...but I'm starting to think it's not in our genes! LOL I personally would like to once both of my girls are in school...It would be easier since I already have two. So I take my BC faithfully LOL

August 20th, 2010, 06:02 PM
LOL were the opposites! You have 2 girls and I have 2 boys!! I want a little girl so bad! but Im starting to think that wont happen for me either! But we are going to try again.. so we will see what happens!! Maybe I will be blessed but if not.. oh well I have 3 boys!! LOL oh and no BC here either!! so yeah...
August 21st, 2010, 09:04 AM
OMG Girl no BC?! Lol
I have forgot a pill once not long ago and absolutely freaked! So I took it later on but I don't even know the correct thing to do if you miss...but come to find out I was safe, so it was all good
Girl you are brave haha!

August 21st, 2010, 06:37 PM
LOL yeah Im being a bad girl! and having sex before my 6 weeks is up! But you know how it is..my hubby is deploying..and when I get off of my medical resriction he will be gone! We want another one anyways, and want them close in age so if it happens it happens..but after the next one, its it!! LOL this baby making factory is closed! So im hoping its a girl!
HOw is your weekend? Oh yeah are you active in your FRG? My hubby's section is so small, there basically isnt one.
August 23rd, 2010, 07:37 PM
Oh ouch it was so painful to me to have sex before the six wks was up:-/ Yeah I guess bc would be a waste of time if you don't mind having one soon...I hope you get your girl!
My weekend was pretty lame, I went to a Jewelry Party that was fun but sadly tht was all I did...
Armywives was AMAZING! Such a good ending!
As far as FRG we rly hardly ever have meetings but when they do we both go, It's not as active like I think it should be:-/

So I just made Cookie Brownies, I had never heard of them before...

August 23rd, 2010, 08:07 PM
I have never heard of brownie cookies before! they look really good especially with some milk! Army Wives was amazing!! Chase was awesome saving General Holden! That part was awesome! and finally a happy ending for army wives! no major cliffhangers! I cant believe Jeremy is engaged!! Im so happy for him.. they make such a cute couple! OOOOh Go team Pam and Chase!!
August 25th, 2010, 03:10 PM
Haha I had never heard of brownie cookies either...
Yes I loved everything about Armywives
So what have you been up to? Dh left for the field yesterday morning and will be back Friday...So I have defiantly been bored! Tonight Big Brother is on...Can't wait

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search