August Buddies: KaylynnandAddisonsMommy and EllenCarroll

Forum: Military Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Military Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 7th, 2010, 08:03 PM
Dakotas_mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Dakotas_mom Send a message via Yahoo to Dakotas_mom Send a message via Skype™ to Dakotas_mom
Here are a few questions to get your conversations started but feel free to ask as many questions as you'd like to get to know each other better. The goal is to try to get to know your buddy as well as possible during this month! Have fun.

-Name(No last names please)?
- SOs Name?
-Birthday?
-Where you are originally from?
-Where you live now?
-Kids?
-Pets?
-Branch of service/how many years?
-Hobbies?

Random Question of the month:
-How has your summer been going so far? Are there any NEW things that have happened this summer?

August 7th, 2010, 08:57 PM
KaylynnandAddisonsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ellen I vote you to start ours...I'm sure your much better at this

August 8th, 2010, 09:26 AM
EllenCarroll's Avatar Proud Army Wife
Send a message via AIM to EllenCarroll Send a message via Yahoo to EllenCarroll
LOL girl you crack me up! Ok I will go first!!! Im bored anyways!!!

-Name(No last names please)? Ellen

- SOs Name?David

-Birthday?Feb 26th, 1983

-Where you are originally from?Cape Canaveral, Florida. Where the space shuttles go off

-Where you live now?wonderful Fort Bragg..you know how boring it is here girl!!

-Kids?I have 1 son Peyton who is 6. Unfortunatly I am not very close with my older son. His father took him from me when he was 2. Thats why I dont really talk about him on here. Gabriel was born July 26th, as you know. He is my whole world!!! I will make sure NO ONE ever takes him from me!

-Pets?I have 1 little long haired Chihuahua, her name is Zena Rose! She is totally awesome!!

-Branch of service/how many years?Hubby is in Army just passed his 2 year mark, what you may not know is I was prior Army as well!! Thats how I met my DH!!

-Hobbies?Hobbies? wow...Taking care of Gabriel, I dont have much time for anything else. I do love to play WOW (World Of Warcraft) with my DH. Very cool online computer game!! Gabriel will sleep next to me! I do love to read Harry Potter books are my favorite. Facebook..is an addiction as you know!

-How has your summer been going so far? Are there any NEW things that have happened this summer? The only new thing is Gabriel, Nothing to exciting, I am just counting down the days until DH leaves for 6 months..stupid deployments. I wish he didnt have to go. I hope you had something exciting this summer..and not counting down the days until Your hubby leaves...
August 8th, 2010, 10:36 AM
Haha

-Name(No last names please)? Amy

- SOs Name? Zack

-Birthday? October 12th 1988

-Where you are originally from? Indiana

-Where you live now? Fayetteville/ Ft Bragg

-Kids? 2...Kaylynn is 3, Addison will be 15 months on Tuesday

-Pets? 1 dog, Shes an American Bulldog and her name is Molly

-Branch of service/how many years? Army/ 3 yrs so far

-Hobbies? Computer, games, music, reading, family time, movies...Girl I could go on and on!

-How has your summer been going so far? Are there any NEW things that have happened this summer?

August 8th, 2010, 10:47 AM
Where did you go for leave? I want to go somewhere so bad!!! I am going to be heading to florida when DH deploys, back to see my family and friends.
August 8th, 2010, 07:26 PM
We went to Indiana...Our hometown to visit our friends and fam...12 hr drive! :-/

August 8th, 2010, 08:12 PM
Thats cool. Yeah going back home to florida was about 12 hours too, but its so worth it to me, ALL my family and friends are back home. I wish I could go back more often then what I do. I would love to go every 2 months.
Where has been your favorite vacation spot?
August 9th, 2010, 07:49 AM
I've been to Florida when I was a teenager. Thats about it...And I've been to Myrtle...So I guess Myrtle....It's so much closer

August 9th, 2010, 09:07 AM
I've never been to myrtle beach..but I would love to go visit. I love being from Florida, especially so close to Kennedy Space Center, I love the space shuttles. My favorite vaca spot is probably Korea, since I was military I got stationed there and it was awesome! I have always wanted to go to Asia and when I found out I was excited!! It really is different from the USA, its like another world out there..no hint of america at all. But if i could go anywhere it would be Fiji, Bora Bora probably!!!
August 9th, 2010, 11:50 AM
Oh wow I bet it was differant...But part of Florida are you frm? I've been to St. George Island and Pensacola Beach

August 9th, 2010, 12:16 PM
I am from the east coast, central florida. Cape Canaveral. I LOVE it. Have you heard of Cocoa Beach? one of the most popular beaches in florida? well my family literally lives 5 minutes from there, right by Patrick Airforce Base. Really nice!
August 9th, 2010, 02:00 PM
No I've never heard of it....I'm so jealous...Your frm Florida
I would love to go to Florida for one of our leaves....We have never went as a married couple...I went before marriage...I have an aunt who lives by Pensecola Beach.

August 9th, 2010, 04:23 PM
Ok so lets talk Army Wives!!!
Last episode..I couldnt believe Jeremy did that! Kissed SPC Gabriel..but I knew she didnt have a fiance back at home! I just knew it.
Who do you think something will happen too? or do you think anything will happen? I've heard a lot of fans say something will happen to Jeremy or MAJ Sherwood, but Im kinda leaning towards General Holden..what do you think? and the last episode he wants to go into an unsafe territory..makes me even more suspiscious..IDK.
Next episode looks a little wierd to me..
August 9th, 2010, 06:23 PM
Yeah it looks a little Weird to me too!!! I was thinking something will happen to MAJ Sherwood...All because Denise is pregnant bit I don't know...Hmmm. Do you have any other favorite shows? I am a HUGE fan of Big Brother tht show keeps me on edge...I also am big on Teen mom...and on Monday nights DH and I watch All Worked Up...

August 9th, 2010, 06:31 PM
Well Army Wives is by far my favorite!! I also love America's Got Talent. My favorite reality show is Amazing Race. I love "My Wife and Kids" of course I Love Lucy. I am a huge Lucille Ball fan! Minute to win it is good too. Dancing with the stars..you can tell I am a reality show junkie!!!
August 9th, 2010, 09:16 PM
Haha... I have never seen those shows...I also like Wife Swap

August 10th, 2010, 04:56 AM
ooooh wife swap! I watch that everyday for 3 hours!! lol...geez i need a life!
August 10th, 2010, 10:17 AM
Haha Its on alot of the day! I have't watched it in awhile though :-/ So whatcha doing today? The hubby went to the field today....Boooo!

August 10th, 2010, 10:29 AM
Boo!!! I hate when David goes to the field!! How long is your hubby gone for? Not too much planned today, Gabriel had his 2 weeks check up. He weights 10ibz 1oz and is 21.8 inches! He is doing really good, but unfortunatly I HATE the doctor he saw today, so his next appt in another 2 weeks (his 1 month) is with a different pedi, so I hope I like this one better. Its sooo friggen hard to find a good pedi! He was telling me to feed Gabe 2oz every 3 hours!! are you kidding me?!! I know my child and that isnt enough!! Ugghh!! so I will continue to feed him the amount I am now. We have another appt today at 3 at the WIC office, formula is expensive!! LOL..whats your plans for the day? Im getting ready to eat lunch now and watching a movie and Gabe is sitting next to me in his bouncy/vibrations seat!
August 11th, 2010, 11:21 AM
Sry I didn't make it back on yesterday a Big incident happened her Monday night but it's so long I will copy and paste in in here in a sec so you can read it...I posted it in my other board today...That is crazy I hate Womack they also told me that for Addi...but she always ate way more so I stuck with what she wanted I cant believe you had u a 9 lber!! I was 9'11...Yeah both my girls still have WIC we go to the one in hope mills...No plans for today...Big Brother is on tonight at 8 so thts where I'll be

I told the Girls in my MOG board today...So I've copied and pasted...Heres the long story...

So I'm sure I have said this before but DH an I are both frm Indiana...Zack started his Army Career in May of 2007 a month after I had Kaylynn, that's when he left for Ft Benning GA for Boot Camp. He did that and then graduated frm that in September. November is when he came to Ft Bragg, he was immediately deployed to Iraq and came back in March of 2008 just in enough time to make it to Kaylynn's 1st Birthday in April...So he came home to Indiana for that, afterwards he came back to Bragg to look for us an apartment...He found one so Kaylynn and I moved here that April of 08....We stayed in that apartment, Zack deployed to Haiti Feb 3rd this yr(On his Bday) He came back April 27th. Well our lease was up for our apt this yr in March so while he was deployed some of his family came down frm Indiana to find a house to rent..Which we found one which was good because that apt was $810 a month for a 3 bdrm 2 bath, and the house I found is Big, has a deck 3bdrm 1/2 bath for $650...Well once I moved in March 1st is was just me and the girls here until he came back the end of April...I was constantly scared to be alone even though we have an alarm, I spent the whole time here w/ sleepless nights on the couch because I felt that my room was too far away for me to hear anything...There were nights that I stayed up until the sun came up at 6 just to make me feel better...Well Monday night at 10:00 I was up on the computer doing Addison's Life In Pictures, Zack was in here in the LR sitting in his game chair watching tv, the girls were asleep...I heard soft knocking well I didn't turn around and look at Zack because I thought it was him knocking to get the dogs attention, I heard it again and this time so did he, So he gets up and goes to the front door, It was a white male maybe between 30-40...He asked Zack if he smoked, Zack said yes and gave him a couple of cigarettes, I went outside to listen...He introduced himself and so did we, and Zack was telling him about he was in the Army and stationed here, The man said he lived across the st diagonal frm us...after talking he left. Not even 5 min. later he knocked on our door again to ask if we had change for a $20. I looked we did not so he left. 5 min. later he is back and knocking for a third time...This time he is asking if he can give us 4 5's for our $20(Which at that point we didn't catch made no sense) So I guess Zack gave him the $20 and he never came back to our yard with the change...We were ripped our last $20 in front of our face....So Zack comes in and tells me what happened...He tells me to lock the door, he will be back...He took of in his car which made me nervous because he carries a pistol, It has never used it but would if we were in danger. He comes back and said he didn't he him, but he did run into a group of about 10 black males who said they seen him coming back and forth to our yard....then the last time seen him cut through a back yard...Well a little later we heard alot of commotion outside, Zack goes outside and the black males drug the man to our yard and made him hand Zack the $20 and then let him go...So at this point we were thinking the man lied how can you rly live across the street that close and do that? Made no sense...I was upset because the next night (last night) My husband had to go stay out in the field for the night. So I decided I was gonna pack the girls and I up and go stay at my bestfriends house for the night...As I was leaving I ran into another neighbor she is a nurse and she was coming home from work so I told her. She told me he rly does live there!!!! She says she believes he has a drug problem...But I was way to scared so I left my dog here and my alarm on and came back this morning when my husband got off. I just hate that I was already chicken enough before this happened and when DH is gone I always feel like I live in Fear and I hate it, I am rly lucky to have a bestfriend here about 5 min away...I rly wish family lived here at times...So that's whats been going on and I didn't wanna be over at her house and take over her computer...Ya know? But I am home and defiantly back to get my chat on I just didn't want ya'll to think I ditched ya...I was actually having withdrawals...LOL

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search