August Buddies: jessesgirl24 and bubsmommy

Forum: Military Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Military Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 16th, 2010, 02:30 PM
bubsmommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
that is so sweet about the roses! I tried so hard to get Matt to wear his dress uniform when we got married, but he refused lol. I've only really got to see him wear it when my grandmother died. She had requested that he wear it to her funeral and he would have done anything for her, so he did. I don't get to see him in it near as often as I'd like. I've never been to a ball or dining out with him. He's always been TDY when it happened, deployed, or I was on bed rest and he had to go alone lol.

Overseas is a very slim possibility for us. It's not likely it will happen because other than the US, there's not really spots for his MOS at overseas stations (well other than war zones). Would I like to be, yeah, I'd like that experience. Will I be disappointed if it doesn't happen, not really, I'll enjoy the experience of traveling around the states . One place I really wish we could get stationed is Hawaii, but there is only one unit there that he could be with and it would all depend if they had an opening for his rank at the time. We're hoping to get back down south when his time here is up. (a little less than a year and a half)

My brain is on a vacation today I think and I can't think of anything else to ask at the moment! lol. Ask away to me!
August 21st, 2010, 10:26 AM
jessesgirl24
Hey girl! sorry we went on vacation for the week and I forgot to put it up here before I left . We didn't have very good wireless and now cell service. It was soo weird having no technology lol. We were in Arkansas at one of the state parks. It was so beautiful.

I know what you mean. Jesse NEVER wears his blues. lol. Once in a while now he'll have to wear them for an inspection, but that's about it. He'll wear it for five seconds and then comes right back home and changes. the base here, they have to wear them on Mondays, but since the hubby does outdoor work he doesn't have to.

We probably would have stayed in if we would have gotten orders out of this awful place lol. we were dying for overseas orders, but oh wells. I'm happy that he is getting out. I'm ready to have a civilian life lol. Although it is going to be sooo weird. He joined right outta high school and then we got married.

How has the weather been there? Are you as ready for fall as I am? lol. It is sooo stinkin hot. I'm ready for hoodie weather!
August 21st, 2010, 08:48 PM
Are you kidding, I'm counting down the days until we get orders to leave here lol. I'm praying that they don't decide to extend his tour here, if they do I might just hurt somebody. I really really really hope that we can get orders to go back down south. He has had some people who want him to come where they are (atm I'm not allowed to mention names or places) but it will all depend on if he can work it out when the time comes.

The weather here has been hot and humid. I am with you, I'm so ready for fall. I love cool weather. Just cool enough for a hoodie, but not cold enough for a full out coat. I'm all excited because while we are in Gatlinburg next week the nightime temps are supposed to be in the upper 50's, low 60's. I told Matt that I had to go to Old Navy and get a new hoodie to take with me since I have no idea where mine is lol. He called me a dork.

I have never been to Arkansas. did you take pics? You have to share!!!
August 23rd, 2010, 08:13 AM
jessesgirl24
Omgosh yes, bring on the cold. I'm just dredding moving back to New York this winter. I am going to freeze! lol. That's exciting that Gatlinburg is going to be so nice for the weather!

Arkansas was soooo nice.
This is the view out our window.

The view to the right, just the lodge

The beach.

The Degray Dam

The view on one of the moutains in Hot Springs.

We are thinking about going to Dallas next week to go to Medieval Times again. My son loved it when we went back in January. But I don't know if I could get him to sit still for that long again. He's a lot more mobile now.

How was your weekend? We didn't really do very much. On Saturday we pretty much just relaxed around the house. I started ready 'Jane Eyre' and I'm totally in love with it! Then yesterday we went to breakfast and then a lil shopping. They had a consignment store sale and I got like a million pieces of maternity clothes and clothes for my son for only $28. I couldn't believe how cheap they were and 1/2 the stuff there still had the tags on or you could tell had never been worn. We had an awful rain storm last night. I'm not normally scared of lightning storms, but I saw it hit right in our front yard. I was so scared a tree was going to fall on our house, but luckily it passed very quickly.
August 23rd, 2010, 09:13 AM
Wow, that view is amazing!!!!! You know, I have never been to a beach. I have been to St Petersburg, FL, and we drove BY a beach, but didn't stop and get out or anything. Yes, I'm so deprived. Medieval days sounds like fun! My brother always goes to the Renassiance Fair in Nashville every year.

My weekend was pretty uneventfull lol. Saturday DH took Gabe to Lil Kickers (soccer) and I got to enjoy a long shower, uninterrupted!!!!, ahhh it was heaven. lol. Then Matt worked on homework and Gabe and I just played with his trains, and watched Surf's Up, and did pretty much nothing lol. Yesterday Gabe decided he wanted to go to the "malled" and ride the "caroself" so we did lol. We spent a good part of the day just walking around the mall, "fingerprinting" as my grandmother in law calls it. JC Penny was having a good sale and Matt got him some Arizona jeans (the only kind he will wear and they were on sale for $13 and some change!!!). I finally found Gabe a belt and then we went to the Disney Store where Gabe got a stuffed Mater and a stuffed Buzz Lightyear (I told Matt we weren't buying ANYTHING, and yet, he didn't listen lol) and Matt preordered Beauty and the Beast. We both love that movie and our copy is kaput. Then, as we were leaving Matt said something about needing a pullover for the mountains and I mentioned that Old Navy was having a sale on their hoodies and next thing I know we are pulling into their parking lot. I about died because he NEVER VOLUNTARILY goes to Old Navy. He refuses to wear clothes from there. He's such a dork. But, we went in and he got a hoodie lol. I found Gabe a coat on clearance for $5 and a shirt for me for $3. I got a hoodie for $8. I was very happy with our finds.

I love consignment shops! We have one here that I LOVE and that's where I get the majority of Gabe's jeans. The lady that owns it is very picky about what she will buy and sell and I can always find near new stuff there for a little of nothing! The only thing is getting there right after she has bought a bunch and sets them out, because they go quick! I'm going to go when we get back from vacation and see what all she has for this fall/winter.

What's going on for you this week?
August 23rd, 2010, 03:27 PM
jessesgirl24
Nothing too much this week. Grocery shopping tomorrow b/c we have no food, we ate everything b4 vacation! lol. I have an OB appointment on Wednesday. Then the hubby will be on on Wednesday and Thrusday I think. We may go play some mini-golf. We've been dying to play and it's so much fun. Oh and I really want to get to the library so after I finish reading this book I can pick up another. I had forgotten how much I LOVE to read and I want to get as much of it done as possible b/c I'm about to start school again to get a certificate as a Medical Assistant.

anything exciting for ya'll?
August 25th, 2010, 01:39 PM
I'm at our library all the stinking time lol. I usually go every week or two and check out several books. I spend way too many nights up late reading. I'm such a nerd i swear.

The only things we have going on this week is docs appointments and getting ready for vacation. We switched PCM's so Gabe and I are doing the whole getting established visits this week. He had his yesterday and I have to say I like this doc a LOT better than the one we left. Mine is on Friday. Yesterday was also my birthday (31, god I'm getting old lol) and when DH got home we went to Cracker Barrel for supper and then Target afterwards to get a few things. He went on his lunch hour and got me an ice cream cake from Dairy Queen. My favorite, yummy!!! I have GOT to do laundry and start packing. I always put it off till the last minute that way I know everything that I want to carry with us is clean lol.
August 25th, 2010, 03:55 PM
jessesgirl24
Happy Belated Birthday!!!!!!!! I love those cakes... mmm now I want ice cream lol.

I am exactly the same way when it comes to do the laundry at the last minute Well I do everything last minute lol I'm sucha a procrastinator!!

Right now I'm just sitting around w/ my Sebby watchin Phineas and Ferb and trying to decide on something for dinner. He's flipping through the hubby's XBox magazine. I love when they try to do grown up things when they are so little.

I had my OB appointment this morning. *Best Appointment Ever* lol I was only there for 30 minutes!!! Craziness. Then the doc said in 4 weeks at my next appointment we should be able to find out the gender. I'm sooo excited. I can't believe how fast this pregnancy is going on me.

Do you have any plans made for stuff to do on your trip?
August 26th, 2010, 07:18 PM
thank you!

We are a Phineus and Ferb house too!!! I think I like it more than Gabe does though lol. I think it's cute when they imitate us too. I was cleaning the bathroom today and he was right behind me with a rag doing everything I did lol. He thinks he's alot bigger than what he is lol.

I'm glad you had a good appointment today and I can't wait to find out what the little bean is!!!!

I have all of Gabe's stuff, with the exception of his allergy medicine and toothbrush, packed and ready to go. I have most of my stuff laid out and I just have to finish that and then tomorrow evening when Matt gets home we are going to get him and Gabe haircuts and then we will finish packing and load up! Gah, I'm so excited! lol. We have several things planned actually. We are going to Dollywood one day, doing the Ripley's Aquarium of the Smokies package one day, (as a military family we get tickets to the aquarium and 7 other attractions, mini golf, museum, etc, for $13 a piece, Gabe gets in free. Civilians have to pay like $75 or $80 a person.) going hiking, my MIL and Matt are going zip lining I think. Other than that we are just going to do whatever. The inlaws are riding their motorcycle there (they live almost in Memphis so they just have to drive across the state lol) so I'm sure they have a ride or two planned. I think it's going to be a good trip.

On a side note, today has been......interesting. lol. Got up this morning and started cleaning so I could get it done and found out that my vacuum is broken. I turned it on and started going and felt stuff hitting my leg and it was shooting everything out the back, not picking anything up! Then Gabe got up onto the counter in the kitchen and got a bottle of water, got the cap off, don't ask me how, and poured it everywhere. By the time Matt got home I was ready to run away lol.

Do you ever have those days? Tell me I'm not alone!! lol
August 27th, 2010, 08:27 AM
jessesgirl24
Omgosh I have those days wayyy more than I am willing to admit! Especially now that I'm pregnant and my son is getting sooo defiant! I know he doesnt understand but he is driving me nuts. lol. He tore down half of the pieces in one of the blinds. He is always hitting me in the face w/ his toys and pulling my hair. He was doing so much better and then all of a sudden outta the blue he is just being such a monster. I think it's b/c his daddy was on leave and was home all day everyday and now he's not here anymore and he's acting out. But still somedays as soon as the hubby walks thru the door i'm like get in here now I need to go scream! lol.

The hubby wants to go to some parenting class thing they have on base.. i dunno I don't really want to go... but obviously i need some help! ugh we'll see.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search