August Buddies: Jen1409 and Amchelle

Forum: Military Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Military Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 7th, 2010, 08:05 PM
Dakotas_mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Dakotas_mom Send a message via Yahoo to Dakotas_mom Send a message via Skype™ to Dakotas_mom
Here are a few questions to get your conversations started but feel free to ask as many questions as you'd like to get to know each other better. The goal is to try to get to know your buddy as well as possible during this month! Have fun.

-Name(No last names please)?
- SOs Name?
-Birthday?
-Where you are originally from?
-Where you live now?
-Kids?
-Pets?
-Branch of service/how many years?
-Hobbies?

Random Question of the month:
-How has your summer been going so far? Are there any NEW things that have happened this summer?

August 9th, 2010, 09:34 AM
Jen1409's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Jen1409
-Name(No last names please)? Jen
- SOs Name? Mark
-Birthday? Nov 4
-Where you are originally from? Norwich CT
-Where you live now? stationed at Groton CT subbase
-Kids? 1 DD, Nicole 19 months
-Pets? 2 dogs
-Branch of service/how many years? Navy April 2011 will be 8 years
-Hobbies? reading, fishing, relaxing

-How has your summer been going so far? Are there any NEW things that have happened this summer?
nothing exciting been fishing alot with hubby and some friends
August 10th, 2010, 06:30 PM
Amchelle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
-Name(No last names please)? Amber
- SOs Name? Justin
-Birthday? Dec. 14th
-Where you are originally from? I was born in a little town in GA. but raised mostly in AR, TX, and MO
-Where you live now? OK.....least until DF goes AD....unless we get stuck here lol
-Kids? 2 boys....Tristan 6yrs and Zayne will be 4 in Oct.
-Pets? 1 mini pin.
-Branch of service/how many years? DF has been in the ARNG for 11yrs.
-Hobbies? scrapbooking when i have the time, writing poems, taking pics. all when i have time

aside from baseball earlier this year....not too much just alot of swimming and bbq's.

August 11th, 2010, 12:50 PM
how long have you and your dh been married? are you stationed near family? do you and DH plan on having more kids?

feel free to ask me questions.

August 11th, 2010, 01:00 PM
We've been married 5.5 years. I actually met Mark while he was stationed here for school then assigned to a sub so we are near my family. Mark wants a boy so we may try for one more but I don't really want more than 2 kids. Nicole is enough for me right now LOL.

How did you and your DF meet? What do you do for fun? Are you planning on having more kids? Where do you want to go for your dream vacation?
August 12th, 2010, 02:46 AM
Justin and I actually meet in a yahoo chat room when he was deployed in Iraq...he would call me, we would exchange pics, we would IM with webcams just about everyday for about 8mos....so his mom flew me and my oldest son up to IA for his homecoming to surprise him.....i know that sounds crazy....lol...but here we are 4.5yrs later.

well my two boys keep me pretty busy....so when i have free time to have "fun" but i LOVE to take pics and scrapbook....it helps me relax.

Justin and I are actually TTC right now and have been for almost 2yrs. now, i had a miscarriage a little over a yr. ago...which only fueled my babyfever... we would really love to have a little girl...i have always wanted to have a large family.....maybe 6-8 kids....but Justin and I have agreed on 4....but we shall see who wins in the end....lol.

I have always wanted to travel Europe. It would be awesome if when DF goes AD was to get stationed in Germany! Since we plan on getting married within the next month, since he is going AD.

Last edited by Amchelle; August 12th, 2010 at 03:08 AM.
August 12th, 2010, 02:52 AM
if you could pick anywhere in the world to live where would it be and why? what is your favorite color? how would you describe yourself in 10 words or less? what do you feel your biggest accomplishment is?

August 16th, 2010, 09:22 AM
hey jen just thought i would get on here and see how you are doing. How was your weekend? We have spent the whole weekend down in Fort Worth, TX. We took the boys to the Zoo yesterday, and are going to the Dallas Museum and mall today, and then whatever else we can find to do. Well I hope you had a great weekend and hope to hear from you soon.

August 17th, 2010, 09:38 AM
sorry I've been MIA. Weekend got super busy and I went to the Dr yesterday because I have a sinus infection so I didn't get on but I'm here now.
August 19th, 2010, 08:59 AM
Can you believe August is almost over?! I swear 2010 is going by tooooooo fast! What are your plans for this upcoming weekend? We're doing a yard sale on Saturday, hope to make some money Plus its nice to be able to clear out stuff we're not using
August 19th, 2010, 10:13 PM
I hope your feeling better...we really dont have plans for this weekend....we went to Dallas and Ft. Worth for most of last week to the zoo, museum, etc. so we are just going to stay at home and relax this weekend lol. I have to go tomarrow to enroll my oldest son in school he will be in first grade this year. He starts school the last day of this month....i never thought i would say it....but I can't wait for school to start...lol! I am going to do a little "home school" stuff with my 3yr. old...since he wants to go to school soooo bad.....so i bought a little booklet to work with him here at home this year. He is sooo excited, he had to get a color box, backpack, folder, etc. just to be here at home...lol.

August 23rd, 2010, 09:52 AM
thats so cute that he wants to go to school too! Nicole is already so smart. She knows where her ears, eyes, mouth, nose, hands and feet are. Her pedi thought she was 2 by how much she was talking and saying last time we went in. She loves to 'read' too. She already has so many books, she's probably going to be like me (I love to read).
I can't believe summer is already almost over!
August 24th, 2010, 12:34 AM
your little one sounds like my oldest son who is now 6 1/2yrs old, he was like that at 10mos old he had the vocab. of a 24mo. old....his dr. was sooo surprised.....especially since he was 6wks premature. my youngest and him are soooo different....my oldest is more into the whole book kind of learning, my youngest is more into the mechanical side of things, my youngest learned to walk, climb, and get into things earlier, where my oldest learned to sign, talk, abcs, 123s, read and write much earlier. but what is really funny is that my youngest Zayne can tell you the names of most of the bones in the body (he is totally fascinated with the human body) but can bearly count to 6 and refuses to say his abcs and he is 4yrs old, but Tristan has known his abcs and 123s, colors, basic body parts by time he was 10mos old. I love to see how different they are. I truly believe the being a mother gives us a chance to be a kid again, just through their eyes, and with having more then one its really fun and crazy all at the same time.

September 1st, 2010, 05:10 PM
how was your weekend and week so far? Tristan started 1st grade on Monday....and is already getting into trouble for talking all the time...lol...i knew it! Zayne started "home school" on monday as well...he wanted to go to PreK this year but since he wont be 4 until Oct. he couldn't so i picked up a little PreK book and we have decided to do that here at home.

September 2nd, 2010, 09:32 AM
Never long enough! At least this weekend is a 3 day weekend. No plans since Earl is approaching. May do a cookout or something, dont know yet.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search