August Buddies: ILoveMyMarine and rhill4455

Forum: Military Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Military Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 19th, 2010, 07:02 AM
rhill4455's Avatar Mom to 3 girls and a boy!
Send a message via AIM to rhill4455 Send a message via Yahoo to rhill4455
I am so sorry to hear that! We all come across bumps along the way but in time it will smooth out. No matter what happens between you and your DH things will work out the way they are supposed to. You have been through so much in the last few years (loss of a child, unemployment issues....) I feel so bad to see you have to go through this as well. Hugs girl!!

August 22nd, 2010, 06:58 AM
I have been thinking about you!!! I hope things are improving between you and DH!!! I actually know several military wives who have gone through the same thing. DH goes away for school and lives the "single" life for a bit and all of a sudden want a divorce. Of course all those that I know ended up changing thier minds. I hope that is the case with yours. No matter what is going I am thinking about you!!

August 22nd, 2010, 08:40 AM
Fluffy Baby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That's what I am thinking it is. The whole "single" life must have got to him. Ha, we have been around each other 24/7 for almost 2 years, being away from me must be a dream right now. Whether or not, it's that, it is not acceptable for him to talk to me the way he did. I am feeling better. DH called me off of his buddies phone to tell me he broke his because he was mad at me when we hung up. LOL. I didn't do anything but try to get some support from him after a hard day. I have been supporting something I don't agree with and I can't have a supportive comment when I am crying on the phone because my kids stressed me beyond my point that day, which is not usual. He's **** right I let him have it. But our problems stem back awhile, so we have alot to work out. I basically told him to dang bad about his phone, we can't afford another. I told him that WE have to compromise and work things out. It isn't a one way street. I think it is all testosterone after I had some time to think about it. I am not really worried about it anymore. I think when he gets home next month, we need to have a long talk. Thanks for the support. I don't have many friends (2), one is a military wife but she treats me like since her husband is in afganistan, I should be happy that mines not, she also talks about her husband like he is the next rambo and he is out their fighting terrorists blind and by himself. He's a navy corpsman. So, I can't really talk to her. She's delusional. The other talks to me maybe once a week. I need more friends. :-(

How are things going? Forgive me, I forgot, but did your kids start school? How are they doing? My DD starts tomorrow. I cried a little this morning. Thinking about it makes me want to cry right now lol. I bet your getting excited, your DH coming home soon!

I am a mixture of all that and a bag of chips... IJS

Rest In Peace Jennifer <3

August 22nd, 2010, 02:38 PM
The girls started school this past monday. They are loving school. Amanda thinks its the greatest thing ever getting to go to the same school as her sister. I cried the first day. I did however manage to hold in the tears until I was in my car driving home. I also cried the second day of school when I watched them both get on the school bus. I am missing them already. I didn't realize how much they occupy Connor until now. All he seems to do is follow me around maying momma all day long. I get nothing done. I also started on Monday. I have managed to get 2 weeks worth of school done this week. I want to get two weeks ahead so that while DH is home for R&R I dont have school to worry about. I hate both my classes. Accounting and Economics are just not my cup of tea.

Expect to cry tomorrow when droping her off for school. It's hard watching them go off to school for the first time. Its ok to cry.

Things seem a little bit better between you and your DH. Having a good talk once he gets home will be a good thing. I don't have a ton of friends either. I have 2 friends here. One has no kids and her DH just got home from iraq so I dont see her much. The other pretty much stoped talking to me when we moved on post. (We used to be neighbors). I know how it goes not having friends to talk to. I am always here.

Good luck taking Alyssa to school. I cant wait to hear all about her first day!!!

August 23rd, 2010, 08:51 PM
Well, How did it go???? Did she have a great first day? Was she happy to see you? Was she sad to go home? How was your day with one less child?

August 24th, 2010, 03:48 PM
She had a blast yesterday. She cried more today when I left her, but she did well after I was gone. Kinda nice not to have both of them running and yelling all the time. My class went well.

How are you?

August 25th, 2010, 06:44 AM
Getting reallly excited for R&R!!!! It will be nice to have another adult here to help even if its only for 2 weeks. I also can't wait to see the kids reactions. Were not telling them he is coming and they have no idea how soon he will be here. I have a ton of things I am trying to get done. I have baby proofing I need to get done and I need to hang the last few pictures around the house. (I moved on post while DH has been gone.) So DH has never been in our current house. He has always been the one to push us to get all the pictures around the house hung. I did most of them but I didnt do a few because they were missing Connor in the pictures. So I have been trying to redo the pictures so they include our newest family member. he would not be happy if he knew all the pictures were not up around the house. I need to go grocery shopping to get all his favorites and I have cleaning to do. The cleaning I am not worried about becuse I keep this place fairly clean on a day to day basis. I have my outfit all picked out. Its jsut getting so close. Yay!!!

On another note, I hate my classes. Accounting I and Macroeconomics. They are just not my cup of tea and Acctounting is really going to give my 4.0 GPA a run for its money!

How is everything with you? Things getting better between you and DH?? I think about you often.

August 25th, 2010, 09:35 AM
LOL, I don't want to talk about DH. He is doing better but making very irresponsible money decisions. I am going to give him an allowance account. He spent to much money and almost cause a check to bounce for my DDs school. I was so upset. I called the bank and they helped me out, but DH is in trouble with me. He forgets I am running a household and E-2 don't make that much, so yeah. I have never bounced a check and I was crying because it was her first day! Could you imagine how embarassing "Excuse me, ma'am. Your DD can't start school today, your check bounced." I was livid. THEN he had the NERVE to call me and ask if he can take 200 next check for a laptop his buddy is selling. Uh, we have Sept 1 and Sept 15 and then he is reserves. I have to save money. I asked him has he lost his mind. I don't understand what he is thiking! It bothers me that in the last 6months he has become this jealous neanderthal. I don't like to stereotype things, but he is living up to that marine stereotype. We are going to have a huge talk when he gets home. I don't know what I want to do. I can't trust him to make responsible decsions when he is gone. He is drinking alot and he knows how I feel about that. I completely 100% trust him when it comes to women, but I can't trust him to control his debit card. I have read about women giving their DHs seperate accounts and I felt like it was treating them like a child. I know why now. My bad. I guess some men need to be treating like a kid.

Ugh your classes make my head hurt, so I cannot imagine taking them. I took Eco ! before and I made a B. I really like my teacher. She is much more expierenced then the first time I took this class with a teacher's aide. I hated that girl, it was like she had a point to prove and gave us the hardest stuff she could. I made an F. My GPA sucks, I let it fall. ALOT.

Thats exciting that your DH is surprising the kids! I can't wait to hear about it! Ha, I suck at moving and DH does teh hanging, so hardly anything is hanging or even moved in the house. I moved in June 1. It seems longer than that.

I am picking Alyssa up in about an hour. She wasn't thrilled about going to school.

August 27th, 2010, 06:04 PM
How are you? How's the baby? I read about his puking on FB.

August 27th, 2010, 07:20 PM
I am busy as can be!!! Just trying to finish up last minute things before DH gets home. Then I am trying ot get a bit ahead in school so that I dont have to focus as much time towards homework whil ehe is here. My dad (Step dad but I call him dad because he is the only dad I have) is here visiting for the night! He starts a new job on wednesday and its in another state. So he is on his way to his new home. My mom and him have to do the long distance thing until they can sell there house.

Yeah I had a nice bought of vomit. I think he drank his bottle way to fast last night and it just didnt sit well on his tummy. On the way up to bed he started burping and I knew what was going to follow but I had no idea it was going to be like that. It seemed to last for ever. I even had the thought "I cant believe this is happening. This is gonna blow." I finsihed the thought before he was done vomiting. I could tell it was just his bottle because he has speghetti for dinner and there were not chunks nor was it red. It was pure while liquid. By the time he was done him and I were both covered and it was dripping off of us on to the carpet. The girls came out of thier room to see what the hell just happened. My youngest daughter burst into tears because I was also bringing her blanky up to her. So her blanky was also covered. I had Karen strt the bath and I stripped both of us right there to keep it all in one place. I gave him a bath and go thim in bed, then I cleaned the floor, then got me in the shower. Mind you I did it all naked! I recleaned the floor today because I just wanted to make sure it was in fact clean. He has been perfectly fine since so I am even more sure his bottle just did not sit well on his tummy.

How did Alyssa do with school now that her first week is over?

August 31st, 2010, 09:07 AM
I have enjoying being your buddy for the month. Glad we are friends on FB too so we can continue to keep in touch!

August 31st, 2010, 09:51 AM
OMG! Thats right. Today is the 31st, dont we go until the 5th? Oh well, I have enjoyed it too. I am sorry I haven't been a better buddy. I am bad at remembering! Yes, we definately can keep up on FB! Enjoy your DH when he is home! Oh and I wanted to tell you that you have been really good to me. I have heard horror stories on how officers wives treat enlisted wives and I am glad that I got to know you, it has helped remind me that not every woman wears her DHs rank. <3 Take care.

August 31st, 2010, 12:50 PM
Awww thanks. Of course I am not like the rest seeing how DH started off enlisted. There for I have been in your shoes. So to me there really is no difference between the two of us. We both military wives and that it! Were down to 2 hours until DH will be home. I can not wait to surpirse the girls. It was killing me yesterday. I wanted so badly to tell them that daddy would be home today. But I managed to keep the secret!!!! Now if I can just get the surprise on Video I will be happy. I am so worried I will miss it!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search