August Buddies: ILoveMyMarine and rhill4455

Forum: Military Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Military Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 7th, 2010, 08:05 PM
Dakotas_mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Dakotas_mom Send a message via Yahoo to Dakotas_mom Send a message via Skype™ to Dakotas_mom
Here are a few questions to get your conversations started but feel free to ask as many questions as you'd like to get to know each other better. The goal is to try to get to know your buddy as well as possible during this month! Have fun.

-Name(No last names please)?
- SOs Name?
-Birthday?
-Where you are originally from?
-Where you live now?
-Kids?
-Pets?
-Branch of service/how many years?
-Hobbies?

Random Question of the month:
-How has your summer been going so far? Are there any NEW things that have happened this summer?

August 8th, 2010, 10:38 AM
rhill4455's Avatar Mom to 3 girls and a boy!
Send a message via AIM to rhill4455 Send a message via Yahoo to rhill4455
Looks like I get to go first!!!

-Name(No last names please)? Robin
- SOs Name? Paul (well him middle name is paul and that is what he goes by!)
-Birthday? November 17, 1977 (Yeah Im getting old!)
-Where you are originally from? Originally from CA. I grew up there HATING it my entire life. when I was 23 and had gotten laid off for the 4th time I said forget this, loaded up my car and hit the road for TN. Which was were I met DH. He was not in the military yet. He was getting ready to graduate from College.
-Where you live now? Fort Riley, KS
-Kids? 3 of them! Karen (7), Amanda (5) and Connor (9 mo). We plan to TTC our last one once DH gets home from Iraq.
-Pets? Just two fish
-Branch of service/how many years? Active Army and he hit 8 years this month!
-Hobbies? Scrapbooking, Blogging, Reading (Favorite author is Cathrine Coulter), Music (I play guitar and piano and can sing) Yes I moved to Nashville to try to become a country singer. That plan changed after meeting DH. I then wanted to have a family instead. Oh, and I am a bit addicted to Facebook lately!

-How has your summer been going so far? Are there any NEW things that have happened this summer? I am just thankful the summer is almost over!!! My kids are driving me nuts and I can not wait until the older two are back in school. (A week from tomorrow!). Over all our summer was pretty great! We went home to TN to visit family for about a month. We took two trips. One to Pigeion Forge TN to take the kids to Dollywood. The other trip was to Chattanooga, TN to take the kids to the aquarium and Ruby falls. I do consider TN home and not CA. We were still living in TN (Ft campbell, KY to be exact) when our first was born so it wasn't long after that my parents moved to TN to be closer to the grandbaby. Unfortunatly (Thanks to the army) we moved to GA after my mom moved to TN. We plan to retire to TN once our army time is done. But that wont be for a while since DH is career!

Your turn!!!

Last edited by rhill4455; August 8th, 2010 at 10:43 AM.
August 8th, 2010, 01:22 PM
Fluffy Baby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sorry, been busy today. I am going to do mine now!

-Name(No last names please)
My name is LeAnn.

- SOs Name?
He is Hector.

-Birthday?
My Birthday is coming up. It is Sept, 22 1984. I am turing 26 years old.

-Where you are originally from?
My husband and I are originally from FL.

-Where you live now?
Still in FL. DH just joined and he is still training. Then he will be reserves. He wanted AD, long story. If you want to know more, just ask! lol

-Kids?
Alyssa, 4, she is my little diva but she will get down and dirty in the mud.
Tristan, he will be 2 Nov 1st. Then I have Dominic, he was stillborn October 19, 2007. If you want more info on him, be my guest. I like talking about him, so don't be shy. I want another. DH don't want anymore. We have very high risk because of a blood issue we have when we are pregnant. Could be a possible reason for Dominic passing.

-Pets?
A betta fish, Swiper

-Branch of service/how many years?
USMC, less than 1 year
We were married 4.5 yrs before he joined.

-Hobbies?
I don't have hobbies, really. I like to be online and play with the kids. I used to like to paint. I like to clean. I am getting ready to take a class at the local Community college and get the last class for my AA. I am trying to organize a non profit organization to provide local hospitals with grief pampletes for stillborns and infants that pass away.

-How has your summer been going so far? Are there any NEW things that have happened this summer?

Well, it hot here in FL. I hate the summer. I can't wait until fall. Nothing new. we are getting ready for Alyssa to start PreK. I am nervous, my baby going to school. My life is finally leveling out after our hell of the last 3 years. It been a ride with DH losing his job and being unemployed for 18 months. Then him trying to get into the Army and the fiasco that insued.

I am an open book, just ask :-)

My mom's brother lives in TN. He loves it up there. I have never been able to go visit him, but my family has. My DD has too, my son was to small to take on that long of a trip, so DH and I enjoyed a week without her last may. She went to the knoxville zoo while she was there. I hope to go there in the next year or so.

Have you been happy with your life as a military wife? My DH wants to go AD as soon as he can. He also wants to make it a career, so we are just starting our lives in the military.

I am a mixture of all that and a bag of chips... IJS

Rest In Peace Jennifer <3

August 8th, 2010, 03:51 PM
Awwww, so sorry to hear about the loss of your son Dominic. I can not imagine going through that. I am sure it has made you very strong! Both you and your DH. Do you see Dominic in your other children to help you keep him alive within? After losing a child (no matter the age) I would like to think that you can see them in your child to help comfort you but since i have never lost a child I wouldnt know.

How did you and your DH met? How soon will he be able to switch to active? Why couldnt he just go active to start with if that is what you guys originally wanted?

I haven't minded being an Army family. In these days its really nice having the stability of the military. Not having to wonder if he is going to come home saying he lost his job. Sounds like you and your DH had a rough bit of unemployment in the past. I hope that your family has recovered or is at least in the process of recovering from the hard times in the past. My biggest complain would be the health care. I have had a ton of issues with military doctors. (long storys but if your interested I am more than willing to share.) My other complaint would be spouses. I am not one to wear my DHs rank. (There are a lot that flaunt it.) I have had issues with several wives because our DHs were of different ranks. (long stoies again!) Besides those two issues its not bad. Deployments suck but you manage to make it through. Homecomings are awsome! The moving around it exciting to me. I love going to new duty stations and getting to know new places. Although we HATE Fort Riley, KS. (Were hoping to be PCSing after this deployment.) I have met some great people and made some great friends along the way. Its defenitly not the life for every one but we make it work pretty good for us. My DH LOVES his job and I would never take that from him. Besides it allows me to be a SAHM so I really cant complain.

I think the nonprofit organization you are trying to develope is awesome. I think that is a great service that is defenitly needed in EVERY hospital. I love to volunteer. Although I haven't had the time to do much of that (Besides being FRG leader) here at Riley. At out last duty station I was big into it but I also didnt have a baby. I am hoping to get back into that soon. Not sure when I will have the time really. I have put all the volunteering on hold while I work on school. School is a slow process. After this semester I will be 5 classes away from my AA degree. That is awesome that your on your last class to your AA degree. Do you plan on going further with your education? What is your AA degree in?

Any questions you have feel free to ask. I am an open book as well. I could go on but I really need to go start dinner. So I will leave it at that for now.

August 8th, 2010, 05:51 PM
I don't see Dominic in Alyssa at all. Tristan, I see Dominic in him more when he sleeps. That might be sick to compare, but when he is asleep, he looks just like Dominic. I never seen him move or take a breath, so compared to if I lost a live child, I don't really see that much in common. Besides, I always tell people Tristan sure helps me not miss Dominic as much, he is the work of 2 boys!

I used to go to my Grandma's house in the summers, 3 hours from where I lived. I met DH there, but in FL. DH and I met 12 years ago when we were teens. I was "summer flinging" this guy, which happened to be DHs best friend. We met by passing one day. For some reason, DH and I chatted over AIM for almost 2 years until we decided to meet face to face and hang out. He was just a friend then, I was still hung up on summer love. DH and I started hanging out alot since summer fling wasn't acting accordingly when I came on the summers. I went to UCF for college and we still talked online and hung out when I was visiting my gma. After a year at UCF, I realized I couldn't afford college so I moved in with my Gma and started going to another college. DH and I hung out alot and we were the best of friends. I knew he always liked me (since for about 5 years) but was to respectful to hit on me. One day for some reason, I say something in him and I hit on him. It took us 3 months to start dating after I moved in with my Gma. Then 4 months later I was preggo. Then 3 months later we were married (which I misscarried 1 week b4 the wedding). We had a very fast dating and engagement, but once we got together, we knew it was for real and things happen for a reason.

Well, to make a really long story shorter....
We lost Dominic in oct 07. Dh lost his job Sept 08. Moved in with my parents Oct 08. Nov 08 Tristan was born. March 09 DH decides to try to join the Army. After 6 months, they said no. He got through everything except the OK from the Army recruiting center. Turns out when he was 17 a recruiter wrote that he was ineligible because of asthma. DH never signed up, so there was some kind of mistake, but none the less, they wouldn't take him. We waited for 6 months. No airforce. No navy BC of Army mistake. No CG, to heavy. USMC was his last choice. He has always wanted to be in the military, its his calling, he loves the discipline. He loves the Corps now. He was getting to be cut off age for USMC. He is 27. You have to be at BCT before your 28th Bday. I knew it when we got married he wanted to serve, but I talked him into becoming a correctional officer and move next to my parents. Now he was laid off and after a year, we had no choice. Well, the recruiter told us that since we had kids, they wouldn't let him go reserves. What I think happened is they didn't fill their reserves quota and had AD back up for a year. So he got in faster doing reserves. Once he comes back, he has to wait 6 months to put in the request or volunteer to deploy, then he could stay AD when he gets back.

I have Tricare Standard, I haven't had any problems with it. I am happy. What happened that you don't like the health insurance? I definately do not like the dental, I had better dental as a civilian, cheaper too.

The wifey thing, haha, that reputation preceeds itself. I knew about how the wives could be. My BFFs DH joined the navy and she has had the problems of wives not talking to her because her DH was "only" a E-3. I am going to try to live my life outside of the military life. I never wanted to be apart of it, but I love my DH and I thank the Marine Corps for helping us in our lives.

I also like to move around, so this is cool for me, but I won't leave the USA. That was an agreement between DH and I before he went in. Me and my kids are to stay stateside.

How'd you meet your DH?

August 8th, 2010, 07:36 PM
Its not so much the insurance that I have problems with as it is the military doctors I seem to get stuck with.

Case #1
DH deployed a week after the birth of our first child. Shortly after I started have major medical issues. I kept having serious pain. Pain so intense that there were several times that I ended up calling 911 because the pain was so severe. They kept insisting it was GERD and would not do any further tests. All the medications they perscribed me failed to work and they just kept jumping me from one medication to another yet they could not find one to fix the pain. One episode I ended up in the ICU with a suspected heart attack because the only med they gave me that helped the pain was the same meds that they give heart attack victims. When I ended up in the ICU they ended up calling the brigade Commanders wife (she was the only one they could get ahold of) and she ended up coming and getting my baby since babies were not allowed in the ICU. In the end I ended up getting discharged from the hospital with no explanation of the pain. I went the entire deployment (one year deployment) with this pain. The first Episode that I had when DH was home he called 911. While we were at the hospital getting the exact same run around he left and went to his buddy's office (Surgeon that had done his surgery before he deployed and worked very close with during the deployment.) to get his help. He came down and listened to me for 5 minutes explain my issues and he diagnosed me with gallstones. An ultrasound verified it.

Case #2
This was the same time. After the birth of Karen my blood pressure was high. (Turns out it was high because of the gallstones) They tried one med after another but none of the meds would work. At one of the appointments my DR accused me of having an affair. He claimed that I was on the pill (It has a tendency to raise blood pressure) in order to not get knocked up while DH was deployed. I explained that he never prescribed me BCP so how could I be on it. He accused me of going to a free clinic to get it so that there would no paper trail for my husband to find when he got back. It was the way this doctor accused me off all this and claimed that it was in fact exactly what I was doing. I reported him and switched PCM but still saw him at my drs office all the time.

Case #3
After Amanda was born I went on the pill because there was no way we could afford another child on an E-4's pay. After my DH made E-5 and was accpted into OCS (Officer Candidate School) we decided we wanted to grow our family. So I went off the pill and never got my period back. So I went to the drs to find out what was going on. The first dr did some blood tests and called it a day. All tests came back normal so he claimed that its probably just temporary and they wont do any thing else until its been a year. I went from one dr to the next and they all said the same thing. So I waiting for the one year mark. I then went back to the drs and once again they took some blood to run some tests and all came back normal so they told me they wont do anything until its been 2 years. At that point were were about to PCS so I figured I would wait until we got all moved. When I did go back to the drs. they pulled up my records to see what test were done. They only did half the tests necessary to determine if it was a thyroid issue. So they did those tests and one came up normal (The one that my previous dr requested) and one came up EXTREMELY LOW (the one that my last dr did not request). So it turns out it was a thyroid issue. I was prego with Connor shortly after.

I have had really bad luck when it comes to military drs. I have had issue with EVERY single dr since DH enlisted. Those are just the 3 biggests cases. I agree that the Dental blows. I dont really think of that as insurance its just a small discout account for dental. You defenitly need additional dental insurance.

DH and I met through AOL. I was new to TN and didnt have to mant friends so I would get on line and chat just to pass time since I didnt have any friends to hang out with yet. DH would get on when bored. He had never met any one on line in person before (except for some one he bought tickets to a concert from. He met them to get the tickets.) DH and I talked through IMs for about a month. Never had any intention of meeting in person during that time. We were in the middle of talking once and he had to go so asked if he could call me so we could finish the conversation while he drove where he was headed. I agreed. We then progressed to talking on the phone. We talked on the phone for 2 weeks before we met. I was on the phone with him one night waiting for a guy I was dating to get home so I could go over to his house because we had plans. I was getting angry that he wasnt getting home and DH happened to ask me to come over. Out of anger and wanting to get back at this guy for not calling I agreed and went to meet him at his house. He was so nervous that it was cute. we had a nice evening and watched a movie together then I headed home. I knew he was the one when he didnt kiss me good night on our first date. (I had never gone on a date and not been kissed goodnight on the first date so I always said that the one that I was meant to marry would not kiss me on our first date.)

When Dh was first in the military we both tried to keep me out of the military. We lived off post so I wouldnt have to deal with it. When ever his company asked for my info he refused. We both started out thinking that he was in the military not me so we tired to disconnect me from the military as much as possible. That didnt last long. It took maybe a couple months to realize that we both are in the military.

You never ansered what your going to school for, and if your going to continue past your AA degree. I love school so I get excited when I meet other moms who are students as well.

Well Army wives is on so I think I am going to get my little man in bed and curl up on the couch and watch that. (Its DVRing right now. I DVR practically everything so I can watch it all after the kids are in bed.)

August 9th, 2010, 09:30 AM
Sorry you had such bad doctors. :-( That sucks, that was one of the reasons I stayed with Standard, I didn't want to be stuck with Miltary Drs, but I have to pay more, so it sucks either way lol.
As far as school, I started college when I was a junior in HS. Our school had a dual enrollment program with our local community college. I actually went to College Full time my Senior year. I only had a Spanish class at the HS, which I never went because it was a joke, I went once a week to turn in my work and pick up work I missed. After I graduated HS, I transferred over to UCF. I did computer engineering for a year. I loved my engineering classes, but I SUCKED at physics. So I was faced with a major change. I also decided that it was not affordable for me to stay there any more and then I went to FIU and started a physical therapy major, which after a few classes, I wasn't interested anymore. Then the 2nd semester there, I did elementary education. Then shortly after I started spring 2005, I lost my job, got pregnant and got married. I never went back to college. I was so tired of it and I had no idea what to do. I didn't have a passion or even cared about anything, honestly. I was so burnt out on school. Well, DH and I moved to my hometown in '06 and he became a correctional officer. Good job, good pay, we were happy.
Anyways, I didn't really have a desire to go back to school until last year. But the problem I had was I had defaulted student loans, so I couldn't get any type of financial aide. I had to pay for the class I am taking to finish up my AA, but w/e. I have paid off almost 5K and I only have 1700 to go before I can get my fin. aide back.
It is just a general AA. It has all kind of classes in it. I have almost 80 credits, but I needed to take a certain class to get my AA and that's what I am doing! hehe.
I am not sure what I want to do next. I kind of want to do criminal forensics. I like stuff like that. I would like to be an RN. I want to be a nurse midwife. I believe in natural birth and encouraging women. I want to help the ones that were like me. I had a midwife with my first. I carried my DD until 42 weeks. By law, she had to turn care over to her back up OBGYN. Long story, I was scared into an induction and was induced for 3 days, no epi. When I got to 10 cms, her head was stuck sideways in my birth canal and there was no way she was coming out that way. Her head started swelling and her heat rate started to crash. My OB watched for a few minutes and she never recovered and he looked at me and said, we can't do this anymore, she needs to come out, NOW. I oked and the next thing I know, I am signing a consent form for a c/s and people are running around me, running me down the hall and threw me in an OR. I was put to sleep, no time for spinal. I woke up not knowing whether my daughter was dead or alive. Thank god, she made it, but my OB did a how slew of things that shouldnt have been done. I was 21 years old. As much as I thought I knew, I learned a ton having going thru that. I stayed with that OB with my second child, Dominic. He was supportive for a VBAC, but alot of minor things happened (not negligence) that led up to the demise of my son. I volunteered for another c/s because Dominic wasn't very flexible and he was in the wrong position. I honestly did not want to labor with him. I went to sleep for that c/s also. After I woke up, my DR was so not supportive. He told me not to get preggo for at least a year (it took me 4 months!). He also told me he hopes I realize how important check ups are. I did miss a check up the week before due to my husbands boss being an a s s. Who knows if that check up would have saved him. My mom cussed him out after he said that to me. He came in an apoligized about his bedside manner. All in all, I don't want another women to experience the lies, the half truths, the negativity, the unspportive crap that came from my OB and many more are just like him. After I had Dominic, my OB "fired" me. He is the reason I want to be a midwife. BTW, did I tell you that the midwife I started with and my OB were married? Yeah. She told me he believed how she believed, but I don't know if she really knew her husband behind his office door. My whole crazy expierence makes me want to never let another woman go thru what I did. I carried my first two kids 42w2 days. I never had a hint of labor.

I found a practice that I liked. They found out about my isoimmunization from my pregnancies. I know my other OB did the tests, but there was no reason to do antibodies test after the initial bloodwork if they were all Neg, so I don't blame him. I had to get blood drawn every week and get a 3d/4d ultrasound (at a perinatologist) every week to every two weeks, depending on how baby was looking. If you want to know more about my "condition" just ask. I never heard of it before me. I also am not allowed to carry any future children to 40 weeks either, so I have to have c/s. Kind of ironic, I fought so hard not to have one and I never did get my vaginal birth. BTW, my 3rd c/s was my best c/s and I was awake when my child was born for the first time and I didn't have a single ounce of pain afterwards. Making up for all the pain and heartache over my first two.

Thats cute you met online. :-) When I tell people DH and I talked online, they kind of look at me like I am crazy. We met thru a friend but never hung out until a few years later.

Is your Dh an officer now? Does he like it better than being enlisted? DH and I have discussed officer school, but he says he don't think he would like being an officer and he defiantely would not be an officer in the USMC. He said if he wanted to be an officer, he would probably go to the Army or Navy. But I don't think he will ever be an officer, he likes being told what to do, lol. And he isn't very good with decisions, it would be scary if he was an officer, lol.

Ok, well, your turn. What are you doing in school?

Oh, I noticed you like to blog. I recently started one too. LeAnn's Life

I haven't wrote in it in 2 weeks, after I finish this, I should go update.

I also like FB. I am on there alot, so here is my FB, add me if you want :-)
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000364626021

I read, but I read things like prophcies, conspiracies, anti gov't, and about child rearing. I am anti gov't in our lives and one of the reasons I fought so hard with DH about going into the military. The one thiing I didn't want IN my life is RUNNING my life now. But you gotta do what you gotta do. :0

I am far out there to some people, so its ok if you think I am too! LOL I am who I am and I don't change for anybody. I love meeting new people and doing new things.

I am all for parents making their own choices as long as they are educated on the subject. I don't vax, circ or FF if I can BF. My DD was FF and son was BF for 16.5 months. I am anti anybody telling me what to do.

Well, there is my book. haha

How do your kids like living the military life? How do they do with the moving?
When your kids are asleep, what do you like to do for you?

This was a good idea whoever thought of this. I enjoy meeting new people and I suck at making friends because I have been in a house and at home for 5 years. I didn't have a car when DH used to work at the prison, so I have been a hermit. lol

August 9th, 2010, 09:16 PM
Wow, you defenitly had quite an experience with some horrible drs. I can defenitly see why you want to be a mid wife. I am actually pretty familar with your condition. My best friend has the same condition. Her last pregnancy sounds pretty similar to yours. I have been pretty blessed with my pregnancies and labors.

My first was natural. I wanted to try naturally even though I didnt take any labor classes beacsue I was pretty sure I could do it because I have a high pain tolerance. I dont feel contractions until I hit 8cm. Then they hit like a truck. With my first I asked for meds but it was too late so It was a natural birth. Since I dont feel contractions until late, with my second they had me go into L&D 3 times a week to get checked to see if I was dialating. Knowing what I know now, there is no way I would ever agree to getting checked that often. One of the times I went it they found I was 6-7cm dialated so they kept me. I asked for meds with that one the second they said they were keeping me. I had an epidural and never had a bit of pain. My 3rd did not go so well but still was not bad. I was considered high risk so I had to have nonstress tests 3 times a week. One weeks the baby was not responding the way they hoped. Very little movements. So I was sent to L&D that night. They monitored me for several hours. After no change and very little movement from the baby the enduced. I had an epidural but it was not inserted all the way. They tried a second time and it wore off super fast. In order to up it they had to have the anistegiologist come to do it. So they called down and it took forever for her to get there. By the time she got there the nurses were cleaning off the baby. This labor was worse than my first. Not only was it natural because the epidural wore off but Connor's head got stuck. I loved my OB! She was an old school kind of dr. She told me upfront that she was old school and would do things that they usually dont do anymore because most drs rely on machines and stuff too much. When most drs resort to getting the suction or forcepts to used old fashion means to help get Connor out. She was by far my favorite OB ever.

I agree that I am all for parents making their own choices as long as they are educated on the subject as well..... I did formula feed all of my children. I wanted to BF them. I tried with all three and worked with a lactation specialist and even with thier help was unsuccessful. I will once again with my next try everything in hopes of BF. I am so heartbroken over not being able to. I vax my kids. That was a huge issue between my DH and I and caused lots of disagreements between us durring my first pregnancy. We also circ. We both were for it in the begining but we throughly researched it as well then based on what we gathered chose to go ahead with the circ.

My Dh is an officer now. He was enlisted for almost 5 years. He always dreamed of being an officer in the army (His dad was so in a way it was like following in daddys footsteps.) He enlisted first because he wanted to experience life as enlisted so he would know what his soldiers go through on a daily basis so he could realate better to them. He figured it would make him a better officer. I think a big part of him regreats making the switch. I think he was happier as an NCO. He Loves teaching his soldiers and misses it so much. He loves being with them and leading them through missions rather than being the one to issue the mission then send them off in harms way. Dont get me wrong he is excellent at his job. He gets told he is one of the best at his job. But I think his heart lies with being with his soldiers. Then again it could just be his current job. He hates the unit he is with. Let me rephrase that. he dispises the unit he is with. So maybe when he is working with individuals he likes he may be happier as an officer.

I think my kids have grown accustomed to moving a lot. They do handle it very well for kids thier age. They do miss "home" reffering to our last duty staiton (ft benning, ga) and ask if we are ever going to move back home. Karen has a harder time with deployment but I think that is becasue she is a BIG time daddys girl. Amanda is a mommys girl and handles the deployment better than any one else in the family. I think for them its just life. The don't know any better beacuse this is the only way of life they know of.

I am going to school for business. Although it changes alot. I enjoy too much and bounced from one focus to another and finally settled on business after talking with my DH. He told me that I can always keep going and get more than one degree if that was really what I wanted. So I may just end up a professional student.

I saw that you went and updated your blog! I have gotten a bit behind on blogging but we havn't really done much that is blog worthy in the last few weeks. Out month long vacation wore us out so we have been just hanging out at home. Besides its been over 100 degrees every day since we got home. Been a little too hot to do much of anything. I remember when my first started pre-k. I cried after droping her off. She went half days 5 days a week for pre-k. What are the pre-k hours going to be like for Alyssa? Is she excited? When does she start?

When the kids go to bed I usually spend some time on the computer, watch TV shows I DVRed, blog, clean and do P90X. When school is in then I use that time as well to do homework if I didnt manage to get it done during Connors nap time. What about you?

Well its now 11pm so I am going to head to bed.
here is my blog: Robins life as an Army Wife
I will go send a friend request now for FB!

August 9th, 2010, 09:59 PM
I had alot of issues with BF Alyssa. My kids all have been tongue tied and I have bigger nipples, so the combo makes it really had for a baby to sucessfully BF. I had PPD with Alyssa too. We tried for her and she was very much wanted, but after she got here, I felt like she tried to kill me. I didn't really want her, I didn't want to hold her. I didn't want to even look at her. I think I was PPD over the c/s as crazy as that sounds. I felt like she was going against me because I wanted a natural birth. >.< Tristan, I tried so hard to make BF successful. Which we did :-) My DH helped me tons with nursing in the beginning, so if he wasnt home with me, I doubt I would have been as successful. No PPD with either boy.

I have P90X but yet to start it. I would like to lose like 80 lbs. It is so hard with DH being gone.

Alyssa starts the 23rd. I am sending her to a learning academy. They take 2 and up. Its 5 days a week and she has to be there before 8:30 and I believe she is done at 2, but I am not sure, lol. Something to ask at open house. She can stay until 6 tho. She is excited and I am a nervous wreck. I am scared she is to little to go, she JUST turned 4. Most of the kids will be 5 soon. I am not sure if she is ready, I think she is, but I really have no idea.

I got your friend request
I will check out your blog tomorrow.
Good night!

August 10th, 2010, 09:02 AM
When my yougest started pre-k all the school in the area were pre-k to 5th grade. Which meant that pre-k was at the elementary school. Which meant she would be riding the bus. She was 4 1/2 when she started pre-k. I drove her for a while because just the thought of her riding the bus would throw me into a panic. After about a month of her begging to ride the bus I finally caved. Of course I followed the bus in my car the first day, to and from school. It was hard for me to let go. I am sure Alyssa will do just fine.

I actually find it easier to work out when DH is gone. I think the reason for me is I would love for him to come home to this fit hot looking wife. He left only 2 months after Connor was born so I still had some baby weight to lose. I currently weight less than when I got pregnant with him. My goal is to lose about 15 lbs. I dont think I will reach that goal before he gets home (Atleast for R&R). I think I can either reach that goal or get really close to it by the end of the deployment!

I am starting to get really excited for DH's R&R. We have decided not to tell the kids when he is coming home. We are hoping he will get here in the middle of the day on a school day so that I can go pick him up when the kids are at school and have them walk into the house and see daddy sitting on the couch! (Of course I will have the camera set on record!) We also have tons of stuff planned out to do as a family. Lots of blog worth stuff to write about.

Well I need to run. I gotta go finish baking. I am baking a ton of stuff for some single soldiers in my DHs company. Have a great day!

August 10th, 2010, 02:11 PM
Lol, rationally, I know she will be great. I am glad that we have to pick her up and drop her off everyday. I am not ready for her to be on a bus, like you said, the thought panics me! Her elementry is literally a block away, right across the street from my subdivision, so next year, she won't ride a bus either! I can imagine that fight because she wants to ride on one.

I think when Alyssa starts school, it will be easier to work out since I won't have both of them. We'll see. I need to get motivated. I feel so beat down.

Oh I read abotu ruby Falls on your blog. My Gma and mom went there when they were visiting my uncle. I would like to go. Looks like you guys had fun!

Aww, that's sweet to do with your kids and their daddy! Is he coming soon?

August 10th, 2010, 08:24 PM
DH is coming home for his R&R (2 weeks break) within the next 30 days. It will be great to see him. I am so excited to see him with his son since Connor was only 2 months old when he left. We have all sorts of things planned. So excited!!!

My 5 year old will be riding the bus to kindergarden this year. She has been begging to be able to take a bus to school everyday. Now that she will get to, she doesnt want to. I would be all for taking her and picking her up if it were just me, but the thought of having to get up get Connor all ready just to run the girls to school makes me tired and its just a thought. So it will be interesting to see how she does. Thankfully she will have her big sister to teach her the ropes.

August 12th, 2010, 03:29 PM
That's great he is coming home very soon! Sorry, I have been busy, I haven't had time to get onlne. I took DD up to her PreK and hung out there with her to get her adjusted and she had a school physical. My son is super moody. I am exhausted. I will be back later tonight. How has your last few days been?

August 12th, 2010, 06:17 PM
Busy as can be. Since Obama promised to take out so many troops in Iraq half my DH's battalion in coming home. Which means that half my DH's company is coming home tonight! (The planes have landed but the ceremony is not for a few more hours.) Since I am the Company FRG leader I have been working my booty off getting the barrack rooms for the single soldiers all set up. Monday and Tuesday I spent all day in the kitchen baking brownies and cookies. Yesterday I spent all day making the bags to stick all our stuff in. Then yesterday evening our FRG group went over to get everthing in thier rooms. So happy we are done! I am sad that my honey is not one of them coming home. O'well I can be happy in a few months when it is my honey. You can read more about all that in my blog!

Today was actually a very relaxing day. Nothing really on the schedule ecxept this evening we had to go over to the girls school for thier open house. Find out who thier teachers are and see thier class rooms. Both of my girls teachers seem really nice. I am a bit worried in regards to my oldest. At her last school they worked very close with me to make sure that my daughter was challeged the entire time. This school I get the feeling they will not be as easy to work with. When asking my questions I got the feeling that they were annoyed with me. Not a very good first impression!

I am so thrilled that school starts on Monday!! YIPPIE!!!!

August 15th, 2010, 12:53 AM
I have a quesiton for you! You had said "I won't leave the USA. That was an agreement between DH and I before he went in. Me and my kids are to stay stateside." What happens if he goes active and gets orders to PCS outside the US? Would you and the kids stay behind?

August 17th, 2010, 10:57 AM
what other boards do you visit at JM?

What do you do when your online? What are your favorite sites?

August 17th, 2010, 07:10 PM
occasionally visit the Nov 2010 PR but dont visit there much since all the regualars left and created our own site so we can cuss, argue and speak our minds freely.

The sites I visit when on line are usually JM, TPM(the site I was talking about), FB, ft riley yard sales, AKO. I dont spend much time surfing the web. When I am on the computer its usually to get my homework done. My favorite sites are FB and TPM. What about you?

August 17th, 2010, 08:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhill4455 View Post
I have a quesiton for you! You had said "I won't leave the USA. That was an agreement between DH and I before he went in. Me and my kids are to stay stateside." What happens if he goes active and gets orders to PCS outside the US? Would you and the kids stay behind?
I missed this for some reason. Yes, we are to stay behind. Number one, my kids are not vax and they are to stay that way, so my kids cannot go to base schools or CDC. Number 2, well, I am terrified of planes. Number 3, I cannot get on board with living outside of the United States for any reason. I love my husband but I didn't want to be a military wife, still don't, but I support him and his choices. I want him to follow his dream. Maybe I am coming off as selfish, I don't know. When we got married, he wanted to join and I vetoed it because of the life military wives live. I hate him being away but I deal. We have been married 5 years before he joined, so we made an agreement before he joined.

I am usually on JM and FB.

August 18th, 2010, 07:16 PM
What other threads on JM do you visit?

Hows your week going?

August 18th, 2010, 09:05 PM
Not having a good week. My kids fight constantly. I don't know if I am even cut out for this. I don't think it matters anymore anyways. DH decided he wants to split up. Because I am a B!tch, I guess. Well, I went thru alot with him. He was unemployed for 18 months and wouldn't look for a job. Yeah I am bitter. I am bitter that I had to live in between his parents and mine. I am bitter I had to sell all my jewelry to throw my son a first birthday party. I am bitter because we are living a sh!tty life and HIS decisions are directly impacting it all the time. I guess it was over when we lost our son, but we didn't want to believe it.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search