August Buddies: NavyWife05 and Dakotas_mom

Forum: Military Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Military Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 8th, 2010, 09:52 AM
Dakotas_mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Dakotas_mom Send a message via Yahoo to Dakotas_mom Send a message via Skype™ to Dakotas_mom
Here are a few questions to get your conversations started but feel free to ask as many questions as you'd like to get to know each other better. The goal is to try to get to know your buddy as well as possible during this month! Have fun.

-Name(No last names please)?
- SOs Name?
-Birthday?
-Where you are originally from?
-Where you live now?
-Kids?
-Pets?
-Branch of service/how many years?
-Hobbies?

Random Question of the month:
-How has your summer been going so far? Are there any NEW things that have happened this summer?

August 8th, 2010, 10:05 AM
Send a message via MSN to Dakotas_mom Send a message via Yahoo to Dakotas_mom Send a message via Skype™ to Dakotas_mom
-Name(No last names please)? Jennifer
- SOs Name? Joshua
-Birthday? Feb 13, 1987
-Where you are originally from? Columbus, GA
-Where you live now? Barksdale AFB, LA [Shreveport,LA]
-Kids? Dakota -- 14 months
-Pets? 3 dogs
-Branch of service/how many years? Air Force -- Almost 5 Years
-Hobbies? Scrapbooking, Cooking, Jogging, Travaling, Watching Movies, Shopping, Hanging out with friends, and playing with Dakota.

-How has your summer been going so far? Are there any NEW things that have happened this summer? The summer is okay.. just boring. As far as new, I took my medical transcription final and I'm just waiting on my score, I've registered to go back to school, and I've put Dakota in mothers day out which starts in Sept... That's about it. Really nothing exciting.

August 8th, 2010, 03:15 PM
NavyWife05's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Name(No last names please)? AMBER
- SOs Name? JOSH
-Birthday? MAY 13th 1987
-Where you are originally from? shelby ohio
-Where you live now? chesapeake va
-Kids? yep 1 daughter named haylee whos 14months
-Pets? nope
-Branch of service/how many years? Navy almost 4yrs
-Hobbies? scrapbooking!!! and shopping

-How has your summer been going so far? Are there any NEW things that have happened this summer?
*Summer has been great!!! new thing is i moved back to virgnina and hubby comes home from deployment soon yay!!!

August 8th, 2010, 03:30 PM
How long has your dh been gone? I love hearing people say they dh is coming home. My friends DF will be home Friday and I'm super excited about it. LOL

We just found out that my dear husband will be gone on his 4th deployment in Oct. umm... 4 deployments in 4 1/2 years. It amazes me that I am still putting up with the military life style.

August 9th, 2010, 10:44 AM
dh has been gone since jan. omg 4th deployment already? how long is he gone each time?! im super excited myself..i went out and bought some lingire and stuff lol..sucky thing is that my inlaws are goin to be here tomorrow and staying til thursday so our first nite alone after 7months they will be here..GAY!!! lol

August 9th, 2010, 12:19 PM
yeah -- 4 deployments in 4 1/2 years. The Air Force loves to deploy my dh! Our first deployment was 4 months (more like 5 months)... then a years... then 6 months. LOL This one coming up will be 6 months also.

I can't BELIEVE your in laws are going to be there! Do they not realize what happens on that first night!! LOL.

August 10th, 2010, 08:40 AM
lmao no crap thats what im saying!!!! they dont care they just invite themselves to stay and im to nice to say no and dh is a huge mommas boy so u know he wont say no lol!! hopefully they bring ear plugs lol!

August 10th, 2010, 10:48 AM
That's crazy! I would be so mad at Josh's parent if the just invited themselves over. When Josh come home from Korea he flew into our hometown bc I was staying there during the deployment, and he's parents didn't bother us the first night. They didn't go with me to get him or even call that night. LOL They knew it would just have annoyed us.

Does Haylee realize that daddy is coming home soon? I'm scared to the death about Josh leaving Dakota. Dakota loves his daddy. I just don't know how Dakota is going to held it.

August 21st, 2010, 01:58 PM
CONGRATS to ur hubby for making staff sargent!!! tell him congratulations!!!

how long has he been in the army?
how many states have u lived in?
do you like being an army wife?
doesnt our hubbies in their uniforms look sexxy lol

August 22nd, 2010, 01:13 PM
Thank you!! I'm so proud of him!

My dh has been in the Air Force for almost 5 years [Sept. 6 is his enlistment date.. i think]. We've been stationed at Cannon AFB, NM and Barksdale AFB, LA... plus my dh was stationed in Korea for a year, but I didn't go. I like that my family is taken care of and we have the money we need but I hate that my husband deploys so much. Some Airman don't deploy at all.. but my dh always gets hit with deployments. We have one coming up in Oct and it will be our 4th in 5 years. I'd be perfectly happy with the Air Force, if they would stop deploying my dh every year!! lol

How about you?
[how long has he been in the army?
how many states have u lived in?
do you like being an army wife?]

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search