September Buddies: LovnMyLabs and Mommy To 3 Boys

Forum: Military Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Military Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 6th, 2010, 04:14 PM
Dakotas_mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Dakotas_mom Send a message via Yahoo to Dakotas_mom Send a message via Skype™ to Dakotas_mom
Here are a few questions to get your conversations started but feel free to ask as many questions as you'd like to get to know each other better. The goal is to try to get to know your buddy as well as possible during this month! Have fun.

-Name(No last names please)?
- SOs Name?
-Birthday?
-Where you are originally from?
-Where you live now?
-Kids?
-Pets?
-Branch of service/how many years?
-Hobbies?

Random Question of the month:
What are you looking forward to this month?

September 7th, 2010, 10:26 AM
Mega Super Mommy
-Name(No last names please)? Catherine
- SOs Name? Joe
-Birthday? June 23
-Where you are originally from? Midlothian Texas (It's 25 miles south of Dallas and 25 miles east of Ft Worth)
-Where you live now? Fayetteville, NC just outside Fort Bragg
-Kids? Just 1 little boy from a previous relationship
-Pets? 6 labs and a papillon
-Branch of service/how many years? Army. He's been in 4 years now
-Hobbies? I like to write. It's the only way I ever feel comfortable really expressing myself. Love movies.

What are you looking forward to this month? I don't know yet. Hopefully it will be drama free.
September 7th, 2010, 10:50 PM
Super Mommy
YAY!!! Finally a Sept buddy!
-Name(No last names please)? Kim
- SOs Name? Anthony
-Birthday? Jan 28th
-Where you are originally from? Covington, WA... it's south of Seattle
-Where you live now? Yokosuka, Japan
-Kids? 3, all boys
-Pets? Was misinformed when we moved here and so gave our little girl Dixie (mini daschund) to a good home
-Branch of service/how many years? Navy, he's been in 7 years
-Hobbies? When I get time I love to read. I enjoy shopping and going to the gym also.

What are you looking forward to this month? My eldest starts pre-school next week... I'm excited and sad at the same time.

Here are some questions from me!
How long have you and Joe been together? How do you like military life? Is Joe home a lot? How old are you? Do you want more kids? What is your son's name?
I have a squirmy baby on my lap so that's all for now lol.

September 8th, 2010, 05:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
How long have you and Joe been together? We have been together a couple months so far. However it feels like years. LOL! We never had that dating phase, it just kinda went into the married routine early on.

How do you like military life? I don't mind it, however I have learned that I have to pick and choose who I really become friends with. It is very drama filled here with a lot of the military moms, and I really don't like drama. But other than that, I like it

Is Joe home a lot? Joe just got back from Iraq in June. He deploys to Afgan. October 2011, he flies black hawks

How old are you? I am 29. I'll be 30 next June

Do you want more kids? I do want more kids. We are basically doing the not preventing not trying tactic right now, so if it happens it happens. We both want a huge family.

What is your son's name? Karston. My son is half Greek, and his name is Greek meaning One Who Is Blessed

Ok, my turn for questions....

How old are you? Are you done with having babies or are you going to try for a girl? How do you like Japan? Favorite book, movie, food-to cook and to eat? Don't you miss Washington? I lived there for 2 years-Lakewood, and absolutely miss it! It's so pretty over there, never really hot, and I actually love rain so it was perfect for me.
September 9th, 2010, 03:17 PM
Super Mommy
I understand about not really having the dating phase, although Anthony and I didn't wait long to make it official. We were only together a couple months before we got married lol. I think no matter what there is drama. No matter where you go there is someone that craves the drama and creates it. I try to avoid those women but with being overseas, everyone knows everyone.

How old are you? I'll be 26 in Jan but I say I'm turning 24 again lol.
Are you done with having babies or are you going to try for a girl? We are probably done having kids but if we decide to have another we won't be trying for a girl, we'll assume it will be a boy and be pleasantly surprised if its a girl.
How do you like Japan? I like it here, it's nice and def a unique culture. They people here are so different from Americans... they are actually nice and will go out of their way to help a person in need. I've had a Japanese women get off her train to show me to the one I needed.
Favorite book, movie, food-to cook and to eat? I mainly read true crime books but I really liked The Lovely Bones. My favorite movie is The Notebook, it's one of the only "girly" movies I can get my husband to watch. I love to cook everything. I like to try different things and if it turns out good, great, if not, I know better next time. It will be easier to cook when we get back to the states, we are very limited here because the commissary always runs out of things and doesn't have other things and we can't just go off base to get things because we don't read Japanese. As for eating: Italian but traditional Italian food isn't usually very healthy and since I'm still 18lbs from my goal weight, I only eat it occasionally. My favorite thing to eat out in town here is sushi!
Don't you miss Washington? I do and I don't. I like the change in seasons and want the boys to see snow at some point lol. The rain never really bothered me. It rains here a lot too but even when it's raining it is still hot because it's so humid here and that I don't like. I don't miss it because I want to live all around the world and had been there almost my whole life so it was time to move on. I'll be going there in April to visit my parents but even they don't plan on staying there, they want to retire to the East Coast. I also don't miss Anthony complaining about the cold and rain lol. He is from FL!

Sorry if something in that doesn't make sense. I've had only a couple hours of sleep and am very tired but I didn't want to take a long time to respond back.

September 11th, 2010, 07:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
No I completely understood everything you were saying. Joe is having to head down to Georgia again, that's where he's from, this weekend. His family has been going through a lot of stuff. Last week his sister ended up in the ER, this week his dad's health is in question. So it's been a lot to take in. I can't wait for it to just finally settle down and feel normal and routine again. I miss routine.

So I had Karston dedicated last week at church. It was an emotional thing for me. But I think it was the right decision at that moment. I have no idea what's in store this week. I really need to go through my spare room and get stuff ready for a yard sale. I hate yard sales.

Ok, well I need to start my day. Hope everything is well on your side!
September 12th, 2010, 03:11 AM
Super Mommy
I'm sorry about Joe's family. I understand how stressful that can be. Anthony's family has had a lot of heartache over the past year with his Grandpa and Great Aunt dying and then his Grandma just had a quadruple bipass a couple weeks ago but thankfully she is doing good now. I hope Joe's dad is fine and that you can be there for him for whatever he needs. How is Joe with emotions? Is he the type that keeps it bottled or is he pretty open with you?

What does it mean to have Karston dedicated? Is that like baptised?

Tomorrow Blake starts pre-school and I think I'm more nervous/excited than he is lol. The program they had here was supposed to be 4 1/2 hours a day, 5 days a week but that got shut down because the building it was in didn't pass safety regs and since it's a government building, they couldn't make the repairs necessary. So another program was started elsewhere but it's only 4 hours a day 3 days a week which is fine, I was just hoping for something more. I want him to be prepared when he starts kindergarten next year. I could have put him in a Japanese pre-school but since we aren't going to be here for much longer, it seems kind of pointless for him to start learning Japanese and then go back to the states.

I'm trying to go back to school so it's going to be interesting having both Anthony and I taking classes plus taking care of 3 kids but I think we'll manage... at least until we go back to the states and Anthony goes on deployment lol.

Well Vinny wants attention so I better go but I hope you're day is great and that Joe and Karston are well.

September 12th, 2010, 11:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
No, Joe does not express emotions or feelings well. Sometimes it's like pulling teeth to know what is going on in that head of his. I just get so frustrated, but I get like that too sometimes, so I know it's got to be hard on him, too.

Dedicated is similar to baptizing, except you make the decision in place of your child until they can do it themselves. It's giving your child to God and promising to raise your child with the Lord as guidance.

Good luck with school. I know with me in school how hard it gets sometimes, but you do what you have to do. I can't imagine it with three kids though. One is tough enough. So what are you studying?

Well, my kiddo just took off his diaper again, so let me go chase him down and get a new one on. You gotta love this stage, huh?
September 13th, 2010, 11:08 PM
Super Mommy
Luckily I'm just taking my time with school. We're not planning on me working until all the kids are in school. I'm getting a bachelors in psychology with a minor in communication studies. What about you?

I am a HUGE fan of the naked stage lol. Owen loves to take his diaper off, luckily he should be potty trained soon. He has shown interest but his daycare won't let kids under 2 wear underwear so we've been waiting. He turns 2 next month so in a few weeks we'll start trying to get him potty trained. It will be great to only change one childs diapers again and since it's an infants, they don't stink as bad lol.

Are you guys doing anything for Halloween?

September 15th, 2010, 04:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Well I just ordered his Halloween costume. He's going to be a little grey plaid elephant. I am so so so stinking excited. And I am planning to get his 18 month pics, Halloween pics, and some new mommy and me pics done that first week in October. Also, his biological dad has asked if we could come down to Georgia so he can see Karston for the second time in his life, and I feel like I would be a complete witch if I said no, so I'm trying to convince Joe into coming too and we can go by and see his family while we are there. So here's hoping.

I completely cannot wait to potty train. Karston loves to play with his potties. He has 2 one at my house and one at Joe's. But he doesn't wanna go on them, lol. I am so over changing diapers. And the whole taking off the diaper and going to the potty some random place for mommy to find. Yeah, I'm good, lol.

So what are your Halloween plans? Planning the big 2 birthday yet?
September 15th, 2010, 09:57 PM
Super Mommy
Aw, pictures will be fun and his costume sounds very cute! That sucks his bio dad hasn't been in his life much. Is he not able to? If you don't mind me asking. My brother is actually my half brother and he never saw his dad from 3 until 17 (and then not again and he is 30 now) so my dad was his dad. Blood doesn't make a parent!

A hunt for where Karston went potty does not sound fun at all lol. Owen took his poopy diaper on just this morning. It really sucks because then I have to put Vinny in the crib that is in Owen's room (Owen sleeps in a toddler bed) and he always cries while I'm stuck cleaning up everything and it's always a hunt to see if Owen walked around at all after he took his diaper off and if there are any little pieces of poop hiding around his room.

I ordered the boys' costumes. Blake is going to be buzz lightyear, Owen will be Woody and Vinny is going to be the alien squeeky toy from toy story. I can't wait, they are all going to look so cute. The only size they had for Vinny's costume was 12 to 18 months and we got it in the mail yesterday and it almost fits Owen so I'm making some major alterations to it. There isn't much to do here for Halloween but they have a few things on base so we'll go trick-r-treating.

We're going to go to DisneySea for Owen's birthday. It's only here so we figured it would be nice and we already took them to Disney so this will be something different. We're also going to go stay in Tokyo a couple nights but thats to mark that off our list. We want to try blowfish while we're there. I can't wait! We've been talking about it for years but haven't been able to because I was pregnant last year and was breastfeeding the year before. It's a seasonal thing so we're def going this year. We are still doing cake and oh so many presents for Owen but we decided not to do a party this year, it's just so hard trying to get everything shipped here and trying to plan fun things for kids of all ages. Plus a lot of his friends have left and I don't want to have a party and have it mainly be Blake's and Vinny's friends.

We're also doing pictures, at the end of Oct though. We're mainly doing family pictures but we'll do some of just Owen for his birthday and some of all the boys and I was thinking maybe of doing some of them in their costumes. We're planning on using one of the family pictures as our Christmas cards this year. I'm hoping to lose more weight before then, I hate looking at a picture and thinking I look fat and not liking it only because I'm in it!

I saw you have a weight loss ticker. How are you doing? Are you able to get to the gym much or do you work out at home? Do you do any weight loss plans like weight watchers?

September 17th, 2010, 12:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I actually used to do weight watchers before I got pregnant. And I was lucky that during my pregnancy I didn't gain any weight, and I've lost 60 since he's been born. So I have about 50-60 more that I really want to lose. My trainer thinks I'm nuts, but I'm obsessed with trying to be "thin". I go to the gym normally 5 days a week between 1.5 hours to 3 hours. I watch what I eat. So it's not too bad.

As for Karston's dad, it's all his choice. He doesn't want anything to do with him, finds ways to avoid child support court, and has only met him the one time for 2 hours. So my son doesn't know who he is or anything, and I try to include Michael as much as I can, so call and leave voicemails of Karston talking, sending pictures, so on. For just in case one day he changes his mind.

The blowfish sounds awesome. Let me know how it is! And I love the costume theme! So cute!

Ok, well, I just got home from the gym. Need to shower and get dressed in real clothes. I hope all is well over there, and tell me about Tokyo when you get back!
September 22nd, 2010, 03:40 PM
Super Mommy
Sorry it's taken me a few days to respond. I'm really sick so that plus taking care of the kids makes everything else impossible.

I'm currently doing weight watchers. I did it after I had Owen and I had lost 10lbs in a month so I'm doing it again. Although for the past couple weeks I haven't been very good about what I'm eating and everything. I've lost 30 since having Vinny which is how much I gained. We think Vinny might be our last so I wanted to indulge for once. Now I want to lose about 20 to 30lbs to be at my goal weight. Really I just want to be comfortable and not worry about if I look fat everytime I leave the house. I would love to be able to go to the gym a bunch but it just isn't possible. I get to go about 3 days a week (haven't gone in a week because of my cold) and then I try and work out some at home when the kids let me. I took working out kid free for granted when I was younger lol. I also took being sick kid free for granted... there are no sick days when you have kids lol.

We aren't sure when we'll be going to Tokyo now. We want to go soon but with so much going on with the holidays and birthdays that we might wait until Jan. I mainly want a mini, couple day vacation with Anthony and the boys. It's harder to plan things now that Blake is in school. I'm not going to have him miss any days for us to go on vacation so we either have to plan when he is out of school or only do a day thing on a Tues or Thur when he has no school.

Well I better get the boys up and get them fed before they go insane! TTYL.

September 25th, 2010, 09:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow, lots going on. Karston just had to have an emergency surgery. Karston had a perirectal abscess that had to get drained. It was causing 103 fevers and was just not fun. Now we have a nurse coming in daily for wound care on his bottom. Poor guy. Joe and I haven't got to spend any time together for the last week. They changed his schedule to nights, and I'm trying to finish up my nursing assistant classes. And then he went to Georgia to see his family for the weekend, so hopefully things will calm down again soon. My mom went back into the hospital for a severe kidney infection. Talked to the doctor today and she should be coming home tomorrow. And finally, Karston should be getting his glasses in the next 10days. So lots have been going on. WHew!
September 29th, 2010, 10:50 PM
Super Mommy
Ahhh, poor Kartson! I hope he is doing better now. How do you think Karston will do with glasses? I've never seen a kid so young with them, do they make them more break resistant or anything?

I found out yesterday that my grandma is getting married to the man she has been with for like 40 years which is great but since they are getting married in Nov, I won't be able to go. Then I found out today that my dog died, she was only 9.

Have you been able to spend more time with Joe? Anything else new? Only a couple more days in Sept. Did you sign up for a Oct buddy?

October 1st, 2010, 12:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
well huge news actually, I am pregnant. Just found out today, and yes I did sign up for an October buddy.

Joe and I are doing good. Been talking a lot and trying to work out a date night when we can finally get out without Karston. It's been raining like crazy around here lately, and I have been so tired. October is a busy month for me though.
October 2nd, 2010, 08:30 PM
Super Mommy
That is great news! Congrats!

Date nights are great. I can't wait until Anthony and I have another one but with so much going on it might be awhile. I'm hoping to be able to get out myself kid free for a night but we'll see if that happens anytime soon either!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search